1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Some Issues about the sim

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Schuberth, Mar 9, 2014.

1. Schuberth

Schuberth Racer

Hello all. first thing to say is i really loved this sim. the weight transfer, braking, graphics, cars and tracks are really amazing. (not start and burnout, yet :) however i have some issues, wasnt sure where to put as they include different things so i chose chit chat.

-everyone is talking about the v 1.00, i'd never like assetto corsa to be left out. i do hope that assetto will be a constantly developing game like some other, because the core is great, and there are many things that can be implemented (rain, night, damage, wind, brake temps etc)

-driving with formula abarth on nurburgring at 22c environment temperature, i realized that especially the rear tyres are heating up too quickly. its just too quick, doesnt feel right. in 30-40 meters going straight without wheelspin, your rear tyre will go from 22 to 35 or something like that. in just like 5-10 seconds. also, burnout with the cars, i think the cars in general should feel more powerful at starts, should have more wheelspin.

-about the modding, will anyone who knows a bit of coding be able to add new features into the game? or will the mods made by players be awaiting allowance first from the devs? how will this be decided? i'd like to listen some ideas.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Bug reports Braking issues Wednesday at 12:00 AM
    ACC Controls & Peripherals PC - FFB issues Jun 7, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Connection issues in multiplayer after 1.9.3 May 26, 2023
    ACC Gameplay single player mode issues after 1.9 version May 26, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Nvidia driver 531.68 issues. Apr 28, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions DLC Issues on PS5 that were not an Issue on PS4,,, Can anyone help/answer reach out Dec 9, 2022
    ACC Multiplayer Connection issues Dec 4, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting [v1.8.2.2] Inconsistent Crashing Issues Nov 22, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions MFD issues Jun 8, 2022
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Small issues with driver names, flags May 20, 2022
    ACC Physics Handling issues after 1.8 update May 14, 2022
    ACC Virtual Reality Issues with spectator view in VR May 13, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting M2 LOD issues (in VR) Apr 3, 2022
    ACC Controls & Peripherals CSL Elite v1.0 with P1 rim downshifting issues Feb 25, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions FFB issues after console update Feb 23, 2022

3. Wrongfire

Wrongfire Hardcore Simmer

Modding tools will be released after 1.0, as for how easy they are and what kind of mods will be allowed, we don't yet know.

4. Fat Rich

Fat Rich Hardcore Simmer

There's talk of a 5 year development plan so hopefully more features will come after v1.00.

I've also noticed a couple of readings in the tyre temperature app that seemed a bit unlikely, tweaks are happening with each release so it may well get fixed.

The game is designed to be extrememely moddable, apparently when v1.00 is released we will get the same tools available to us as Kunos use. How much technical knowledge is required to operate these tools we don't know yet.

5. Si3v

Si3v Graphic Lead Artist Staff Member KS Dev Team

The "modding tools" will only allow you to add tracks and/or cars to the game. Modifying original cars and tracks IS AND WILL NOT BE allowed.
    Adding features to the core of the game will not be possible.
    What you (already) can do is developing an app (that can only read data from the game).

Schuberth and Shaddix like this.
  6. Bailey

Bailey Alien

Sounds like a mod team cannot implement an oval series then (for example, given the current state of the game)?
    ~Bailey

7. Aceking

Aceking Racer

Does this mean i won't be able to make improvements to the AI on those AC tracks in which the AI don't run as well as they could with a particular mod or AC mod?

Example: In rFactor i made track packs with all new AIW's for each individual mod i ran, so that i would achieve the best possible running AI. This method was a great success! :)

Last edited: Mar 10, 2014
  8. Alienfish360

Alienfish360 Racer

Why not? Oval tracks can be added, so can nascars/indy cars?

9. Bailey

Bailey Alien

The reason is because a in order to fully implement a series like NASCAR there are things which are necessary going to make things more fluid that are not currently present in the game.
    Yellow/caution flags (blue flags)
    Race (re)starts
    Drive thrus
    Pit stops
    Etc.

~Bailey

10. Aceking

Aceking Racer

It will no doubt be added since this sim is based on realism and some series use several of those rules!

11. Bailey

Bailey Alien

I think that many of the thing on that list will be added/supported in the future, but I wouldn't bank it on "some series use several of those rules!" There are lots of series out there with lots of rules :]
    ~Bailey