1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Some suggestions, mainly for multiplayer

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by 0x000000A6, Jul 26, 2014.

1. 0x000000A6

0x000000A6 Rookie

After some hours in AC, I'd like to discuss/share my suggestions with you and hope not everything was already mentioned before (I did a quick search on this). These are more like "nice to have"-sugesstions, since it does not affect the gameplay itself in a big way.

- Server cfg tool: in the current state, I find it very user-unfriendly to add/delete each car slot manually. a more comfortable gui would be nice to have.
    - Change the car and/or the skin in the Setup, the skin maybe as a tab?
    - what i see as minor option: distribute mod-files (cars, tracks, skins) from the server to the clients if not already installed. Maybe optional or auto as a setup option in the main menu for people with fast/slow connection. maybe even upload individual car skins from the client to the server as an option for customizing your car.

any mode:
    would it be wise to enable changing tyre sizes and/or rims, e.g. custom carbon-fibre wheels or just other designs (maybe mod) as a reward/buyable item for career mode if anything like that is planned. an server option for disabling such things would be wise for comparable results though if weight of the rims is considered (or wheight changed to standard while im mp) :)

What do you guys think?

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Request/Suggestions for upcoming AC:Evo Sunday at 10:59 AM
    ACC User Interface A couple of little suggestions Apr 25, 2023
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Suggestions for settings of Logitech G920 May 4, 2022
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards My Suggestions for Rating & Leaderboards [v1.6.2] Nov 25, 2020
    ACC User Interface UPDATED! My Suggestions for UI (inc. pics) [v1.7.4 until v1.8] Nov 25, 2020
    ACC Gameplay A few questions and/or suggestions Nov 2, 2020
    ACC Virtual Reality suggestions for VR users Jul 19, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer CP server suggestions Mar 11, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer Suggestions/Requirements for Leagues Competitions Feb 15, 2020
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Suggestions to improve Gamepad support Feb 7, 2020
    ACC Gameplay MFD suggestions Feb 5, 2020
    ACC Controls & Peripherals realistic FFB strength suggestions (Fanatec DD1) Dec 15, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Again a few suggestions to make the game more engaging Oct 1, 2019
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Monitor swap and FOV suggestions Sep 6, 2019
    ACC Multiplayer Issues and Suggestions for MP UI concept Jun 10, 2019

3. alex72

alex72 Alien

I dont know much about the career mode. No one does i think. Personally im not much for buying rims and that sort of stuff. I hope for a more realistic race career where im a race driver and not just some cool hollywood dude pimping my car. :D Seems we will be able to mod a lot of stuff when the sim is done though and maybe we can build our own careers/game modes. At the end of the day though MP is where its at for me so it wouldnt hurt me much if the career was some NFS copy, but at the same time i dont feel it belongs in AC - personal opinion of course. :) I feel a career should be a realistic race career where you work your way up to the big cars/races.

More ways to control MP is suggested all over the forum, and Kunos is working hard on that i reckon. They bring us new MP stuff every update and last update compared to the first has made a great leap. I remember the first MP where we could do nothing but book and drive. Hitting eachother made you fly miles. Changing car you had to turn off the server and restart it. Now in freejoin mode you can exit the server and change car and go back in. :) Also the recent assist control (not all of them, but most) is in place making races a bit more fair (still missing to control SC).

I agree on the skin choosing. Im sure Kunos will get there soon enough. Maybe when you choose car in MP there is a window coming up with the available skins (or something). Not a biggie for the moment as its not game breaking and more serious stuff needs to be done before it, but a welcomed feature for sure.

Im getting happy with each update and i cant wait to see AC a couple of months from now. :)

4. 0x000000A6

0x000000A6 Rookie

You are absolutely right, things like rims are not that much important for the game/sim itself - personally, I would certainly go for CFK or Magnesium rims in real life as an upgrade where possible (lower unsprung mass). there is - of course - the question for the neccessarity of these things in AC :) for sure, there is a point where it is impossible or not very wise to implement EVERY change you could ever make to the cars.

I also have no idea about career mode, we will see. It does not need to be a super-fancy story for me, main thing is the physics are handled correctly. I love what i have seen so far after 30 hours.