1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Some suggestions to make things more realistic (esp, gears)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by YaronMi, Oct 8, 2014.

1. YaronMi

YaronMi Rookie

Hello, i'd like to suggest some ideas to make driving more realistic, not on the physics part but on driving environment.

First of all about the +/- Gears, i don't know exactly how it works on all cars but for the 458 i know for sure, and i do belive it is the same on others; you have right pedal for shift up and left pedal for shift down, but for Neutral you have to press both of them, not going all the way down the gears, and for Reverse you have seperate button on the console.
    it doesnt really affect the driving experiance of course but it could improve the whole feeling.

Second thing i would like to talk about is the ESP.
    yea, you can change the stabillity and traction control on Settings, but it would be very nice if you could play on Pro (no stabillity or traction control) but in-game if your car has an ESP you could turn it on and off, and it would turn an ESP-off warning light on the dashboard, it would be more realistic, and also good for if you want to do some timed laps, and just after a while have a bit side-ways fun.

and if we were talking about the gauges so my last issue is just active dashboard and indicators, some cars doesnt even show what gear you're on (BMW, SLS), also lights on/off, ESP on/off, Handbrake, etc...

thanks for the attention, i'd like to hear what you think ;)

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Request/Suggestions for upcoming AC:Evo Apr 28, 2024
    ACC User Interface A couple of little suggestions Apr 25, 2023
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Suggestions for settings of Logitech G920 May 4, 2022
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards My Suggestions for Rating & Leaderboards [v1.6.2] Nov 25, 2020
    ACC User Interface UPDATED! My Suggestions for UI (inc. pics) [v1.7.4 until v1.8] Nov 25, 2020
    ACC Gameplay A few questions and/or suggestions Nov 2, 2020
    ACC Virtual Reality suggestions for VR users Jul 19, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer CP server suggestions Mar 11, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer Suggestions/Requirements for Leagues Competitions Feb 15, 2020
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Suggestions to improve Gamepad support Feb 7, 2020
    ACC Gameplay MFD suggestions Feb 5, 2020
    ACC Controls & Peripherals realistic FFB strength suggestions (Fanatec DD1) Dec 15, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Again a few suggestions to make the game more engaging Oct 1, 2019
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Monitor swap and FOV suggestions Sep 6, 2019
    ACC Multiplayer Issues and Suggestions for MP UI concept Jun 10, 2019

3. Horus

Horus Alien

Not sure if I have read this wrong, but you can turn traction control and abs off/on when in pro settings. When on track pressing ctrl+a or ctrl+t you will, if the car has it available, turn them up or down. Maybe I misunderstand you. :)

4. YaronMi

YaronMi Rookie

Well, I didn't know that function actually, there is a way assign this shortcut to a button on the G27?
    And it would be nice if as I say it was turning an indicator on the gauges like it does in your real car when you turn ESP off.

5. I like that you can change TC and ABS on/off while on track, but i wish they were named the same things as the real life car, so Comfort/Normal/Sport/Race or whatever, since i never know which level of TC has the most amount of slip or assistance. Also is there anyway of changing the ESP while on track?

It would be cool of you could actually just change from normal to sport to race, and all the assists change corresponding to the real life car, so TC, ESP and even things like suspension damping.

6. YaronMi

YaronMi Rookie

^
    Exactly what i was talking about. making the TC and ESP configuration individually for each car, if a real 458 has the option to choose between Normal/Sport/Race than same in the game, Abarth 500 has only the option to disable ESP, same in the game.

7. Horus

Horus Alien

I posted what to do on track! Press the CTRL+T (for TCS) CTRL+A (for ABS). Lower numbers mean more electronic aid. :)

P.S. AC remembers what the setting were the next time you use the car on the same track, well I believe so, but I could be wrong. :)

edit: I agree it would be more clear if they were named as in the real car, but I think the real car and the GT cars are created unequal and as such do not have the same standards of comfort or easy of use. :)

Lucas Popoatzki Neto likes this.
  8. brianr121

brianr121 Racer

I don't think he's talking about being able to, for example, turn ABS off and on. I think he just wants the dashboard to be more complete by indicating when ABS is off or on, and so on. I do agree it's a little annoying to run the "Gears" app when I'd rather just use the real car's instrumentation to give me the info.

9. dauntless

dauntless Alien

A lot of cars also have various states of abs and tcs. It would be nice if this info was also shown in the driving aids app for example. If my abs is at 7/10 then show it as "abs on 7/10" instead of just "abs on".

And it would be nice to setup the driving aids in the car setups as well.

10. Race teams and Manufactures spend many millions of dollars developing those systems; there is no way they are going to give or even sell that sensitive of data (algorithms, actually) to a game company.

11. Hope Kunos monitor this thread, great suggestions here. As are the Sport/race/off settings instead of just 1/2/3/4. Also binding a key for this is a great idea.

garyjpaterson likes this.
  12. dauntless

dauntless Alien

I noticed that there is now option for tire blankets. The choice is either on or off. I'd prefer to have 3rd option called "automatic" or something like that. Using that option would automatically use the tire blankets based on if the car in real life uses them or not.

garyjpaterson likes this.
  13. Vampire

Vampire Alien

It would be very nice if AC remembered your Traction Control and ABS settings on a per-car basis. Maybe we could even group that information in with a generic per-car FFB gain level as well.

So for example I always drive the McLaren GT3 Car - so I might like to have level 8 TCS and 90% FFB gain always set for that car, regardless of track or setup etc.

Also agree with the above regarding tire warmers - on or off? Bit limited...how many people use tire warmers on their 12C road car? Again - a per-car generic setting would be MUCH better.

Just save the information the same way as the per-car driver position view settings that you can set. I really don't see what the major problem with getting this working is?

mms likes this.
  14. Obizzz

Obizzz Racer

Agreed. Why store FFB gain in the setup and not per car?

mms and Lucas - Xtremepsionic like this.
  15. Jiisuki

Jiisuki Rookie

Because you might want different FFB strength on different tracks? Some tracks have more harsh bumps than others..

16. dauntless

dauntless Alien

However majority of the tracks use the same settings. It doesn't really make sense to always make the same change to the car setup (ffb and damping) when the sim could have separate ffb settings for each car. THEN if you wanted to make track specific changes you should use the setup ffb options for that track and setup.

WallyM likes this.
  17. Jiisuki

Jiisuki Rookie

Agreed to that!

18. I'd like to see the introduction of a "reverse button mapping" in the shifter controller menu. Almost every car with paddle shifters have an "R" button to engage reverse, but in AC you have to work your way down through every gear (and neutral) with the "down" paddle. It's highly irrealistic and uncomfortable to say the least. Please @pankykapus @Aristotelis try to have a look at this one if you can.
    Thanks

Horus and garyjpaterson like this.