1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Some suggestions

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Juergen Herrmann, Nov 14, 2013.

1. Juergen Herrmann

Juergen Herrmann Simracer

Very good sim, but...
    - please change the penalty system, e.g. 2-3 warnings and then dt
    - option to remove the ingame steering wheel
    - activate all apps by default please
    - work on the car sounds please...
    - keep ac as a simulator and don`t waste your time on arcade options like the radio ;-)
    - when the mp arrives it comes hopefully with the option to change the driver for long distance races (team race)
    - pre settings for pitstop (tyres, fuel, repairs)
    - allow different tyre type (for front and rear)
    - weather system to set rain and temp timewise and with random option. Maybe an option would be nice to get a real weather through an online weather service ;-)
    - real lights for night races
    - the possibility to go into the box, change e.g. tyre pressure and decide to keep the used tyres for the next stint

and last but not least...thanks for your work!

Keep racing,
    Juergen

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Request/Suggestions for upcoming AC:Evo Apr 28, 2024
    ACC User Interface A couple of little suggestions Apr 25, 2023
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Suggestions for settings of Logitech G920 May 4, 2022
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards My Suggestions for Rating & Leaderboards [v1.6.2] Nov 25, 2020
    ACC User Interface UPDATED! My Suggestions for UI (inc. pics) [v1.7.4 until v1.8] Nov 25, 2020
    ACC Gameplay A few questions and/or suggestions Nov 2, 2020
    ACC Virtual Reality suggestions for VR users Jul 19, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer CP server suggestions Mar 11, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer Suggestions/Requirements for Leagues Competitions Feb 15, 2020
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Suggestions to improve Gamepad support Feb 7, 2020
    ACC Gameplay MFD suggestions Feb 5, 2020
    ACC Controls & Peripherals realistic FFB strength suggestions (Fanatec DD1) Dec 15, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Again a few suggestions to make the game more engaging Oct 1, 2019
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Monitor swap and FOV suggestions Sep 6, 2019
    ACC Multiplayer Issues and Suggestions for MP UI concept Jun 10, 2019

3. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

great list of suggestions,
    rain and night driving would be my priorities from your list

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Zorg

Zorg Gamer

In the car description menu, I'd like to see what year the car is from.

Also, it would be nice if you could change car in the 3d garage, and have the pedals, and wheel work, so you could rev the engine, and listen to the engine.

racer050b likes this.
  5. 3316V

3316V Alien

+1 to remove the steering wheel too.

Roger likes this.
  6. Roger

Roger Racer

Agreed, we really need an option to remove the steering wheel completely!

7. endgame

endgame Racer

Brake Pressure Adjustment (even if actual car doesn't feature it). I prefer to turn off ABS, makes the brakes feel sharper and more aggressive but some cars lock up with the slightest touch of brake.

On the subject of lock ups, locking up of a unloaded tyre would be a cool feature, never seen it done before.

Shaddix and edgec0m like this.
  8. Angelo Lima

Angelo Lima Rookie

Option to limit the number of sets of tires that can be used in a section, as happens in some real categories. Breaking gears, suspension and brake overheating box.
    THX Kunos and CIA .

9. TheDyingScotsman

TheDyingScotsman Hardcore Simmer

Activate all apps by default? Are you kidding? I wouldn't be able to see and would have to close most of them. Surely you mean enable dev apps by default, not activate all apps....

10. Jaimy

Jaimy Gamer

Removal of the steering wheel is top priority for us with triple screen setups. I`d like to have my FOV as close as possible to the real thing, but in most cars the top of the steering wheel is always visible and is a real distraction..

11. I lock up just my front inside all the time. Yes. Here in AC. I'm sure if it's an open rear, or I took some bite out, then the rear does it too. I did have to back up my FOV to see my wheels in here to make sure I got it for the camera, but I can feel it all the time. I can also see it quite clearly in an F1 in iRacing.

Here is a vid for proof. The right front will lock. You might have to watch a couple of times to make sure the left is still spinning. I did this on the first try by the way.
    right after 40 seconds, in fact you can see the varying grip of the track to tire, as it alternates between full lockup and just slowing. Awesome job Kunos.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2013
  12. ACgt1

ACgt1 Racer

It would be superb if mouse wheel in car setup menu worked for changing parameters. But I don't care much. It's probably too late to implement such thing.

Bryan Stromquist likes this.
  13. Now that is a good suggestion. We already have to reach for the keyboard just to hit escape as it is. If pc=mouse/keyboard, then might as well let us use it all.