1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Something to signal that i am lapped

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by grat, Oct 27, 2015.

1. grat

grat Simracer

(italian below)
    Dear developers,

Unless I am missing something that is already there but we have not noticed, I am wondering whether it would be possible to add something in-game to show that a driver is lapped. In our league, it happens that driver A ends up fighting for position with driver B who is lapped, just because A does not know that B is lapped. I know that helicorsa helps with this, and that a closer look at the leaderboard can surely help. But I cannot judge a driver who, in the middle of the race, does not find the concentration to pay attention to these things.

My proposal would be to add a blue square or triangle to the name labels on top of the cars. It looks like something that would not change the graphics of the game too much, but help.

Of course I understand this is not a big priority and that it might be harder than I can think to implement it---I know nothing about programming. Just making a suggestion and see what you guys think.

Thank you

Cari developers,

a meno che non mi sia sfuggito qualcosa che già c'è ma che non abbiamo notato, mi chiedo se sia possible introdurre qualcosa che in-game suggerisca che un pilota è doppiato. Nella nostra lega succede che a volte il pilota A lotta con B che è doppiato, solo perché A non sa che B è doppiato. So che helicorsa può aiutare in questi casi, così come uno sguardo attento alla leaderboard. Ma non me la sento di giudicare un pilota che, nel mezzo della gara, non trova la concentrazione necessaria per fare attenzione a questi dettagli.

Una mia proposta sarebbe l'introduzione di un quadrato o triangolo blu al nome (sopra la vettura) del pilota doppiato. Mi sembra che non cambi molto la grafica del gioco, ma che potrebbe aiutare.

Ovviamente capisco che questa non è una priorità e che possa essere più difficile da implementare di quello che credo---non so nulla di programming. Quindi il mio è solo un suggerimento in attesa di vedere che ne pensate.

Grazie

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars There ist something wrong with track location. Apr 4, 2024
    Chit Chat Room Am I missing something? (Playing on controller) Nov 24, 2021
    Chit Chat Room I would like to post something Sep 12, 2021
    Chit Chat Room Am I doing something wrong? Jun 5, 2021
    Chit Chat Room Has something changed Nov 16, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Let's do something, this is going to get ugly...(Servers) Aug 3, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions FFB vs Real Life - Something to Try Jul 18, 2020
    ACC General Discussions There is something wrong Jul 6, 2020
    ACC Physics Something is wrong with AUDI Apr 22, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting Something Changed?? Mar 21, 2020
    ACC Gameplay something buggy with the lap stats Dec 15, 2019
    ACC Multiplayer is it possible to do something about starting procedure? Aug 22, 2019
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards something that could irk ACC users... with experience Jun 21, 2019
    ACC Gameplay Laptimes at Silverstone..something wierd.. Jun 10, 2019
    ACC Gameplay Free Cam - Am i missing something? Jun 2, 2019

3. GTHQ_koop

GTHQ_koop Hardcore Simmer

Doesn't the to be lapped guy, see a bleu flag left top corner..??

4. grat

grat Simracer

I am talking about when the lapped guy tries to unlap himself. It can happen in longer races if the lapped guy is a fast one but has had a crash.

Following my example above: Driver B (the lapped guy) sees the flag, but driver A (not lapped) does not know what B sees. So driver A defends his position for dear life, when instead B just wants to unlap himself.

GTHQ_koop likes this.
  5. GTHQ_koop

GTHQ_koop Hardcore Simmer

Ah ok, now I get it...Tnx for explaning ;)

grat likes this.
  6. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Maybe he means it the other way 'round...show the guy behind that it's a lapped car ahead. This way you can decide wether you race after him or just let him go and finish your race, safely.

GTHQ_koop likes this.
  7. grat

grat Simracer

that is another case---perhaps as relevant as the one I had in mind (see my answer to GTHQ_koop).

LeDude83 likes this.
  8. tabis

tabis Simracer