1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Spoiled for choice: Which Lotus?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Strummer, Apr 11, 2014.

1. Strummer

Strummer Simracer

I love Loti. I owned one many years ago. I'd like to "specialize" in Lotuses in AC but I've been seduced by the Ferrari 458 Italia and fear that I may be underwhelmed by the Lotuses. A lot of new Lotuses have appeared since I last drove one in the sim: can anyone recommend one with some grunt and all the expected cornering performance? If there are setup tips I'd appreciate those too and, finally, any inside info re. which are the most populated Lotus/track combos in RSR. Thank you!

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room #dreampack2 spoiled content list Aug 21, 2015
    ACC General Discussions Bored with low choice of cars and tracks... Feb 8, 2022
    ACC Virtual Reality Steam automatically launch in SteamVR mode/remember launch choice? Apr 29, 2021
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars yellow headlights as an secondary choice - should it be possible? Apr 3, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer CP Server Random Track Choice always Brands Hatch? Feb 16, 2020
    ACC General Discussions Add the creation of a championship with tracks of my choice. Feb 5, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer Is there a way to only make a lobby with one car choice? Feb 3, 2020
    ACC Gameplay Career mode am I that bad or did I make bad choices? Jan 13, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting Custom cars don't appear in car choice Jan 5, 2020
    ACC User Interface [v1.0.10 build 4207813] UI interface pitstop strategy choice after saving Oct 19, 2019
    ACC User Interface Car choice UI menu. Do you like it? Jun 10, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Your approach to car choice Jun 3, 2019
    ACC Audio Pre-Race Music Choices? Apr 24, 2019
    ACC Virtual Reality cannot choice in VR mode - T300RS Apr 6, 2019
    ACC Virtual Reality Lights in workshop give terrible god rays - poor choice Dec 6, 2018

3. Robin_NL

Robin_NL Alien

Evora GTC. It's a blast. Makes me almost forget the 458S3:)

BTW it's got Aero, slick tyres, a proper limited slip diff(which 80% of the Lotusses doesn't have in AC) and grunt, 450BHP and 460Nm.

OK 1200kgs it not really Lotus-like but 900kgs and 240BHP(the rest) looks nice on paper, but in AC they feel a bit underwhelmed as you stated, plus no lsd , which means going back to a 1M/458 whatever immediately in my case. Not so with the Evora GTC(or GX for that matter)

Cheers
    Robin

Last edited: Apr 11, 2014
    Shrubbo likes this.
  4. Strummer

Strummer Simracer

That's high praise indeed, Robin, and exactly what I needed to know, thank you! I wonder where to run it for the best user lap time data on RSR.

5. If the Evora GX had ABS it would be perfect. Other than I am always locking up the brakes it is awesome. The Evora GTC seems so much more civilized than the GX yet they run very similar lap times. The Ferrari 458 S3 runs very similar lap times as both of them; unfortunately for them the Ferrari 458 S3 is perfect.

I prefer the GX by the slightest of margins out of the two of them right now though.

6. Strummer

Strummer Simracer

You are all right, it's a fantastic car. Very forgiving; if you overcook it in a corner entry, lifting off the gas will tuck the nose back in, it's easy to hit the apexes, turns on a dime and requires less preparation for braking and cornering than the (much heavier) Ferrari. Of course, if I find it relatively easy to drive, that means the many, many more talented people also driving it will find it easier still to go faster. I've done a couple of tentative laps at Mugello; the default setup seems good although you have to increase the final drive ratio or you'll hit the rev limiter in 6th on the long straight.

7. Ted_R

Ted_R Racer

Evora GTC !

8. Im really enjoying the new GTC tho Im finding it quite difficult to set its suspension right. The default susp setup seems to be quite jumpy at bumps and by softing it a bit, I could lower about 4s of my time, even if Im still 6s from the top. Its alignment is also a bit strange I think, it read -[hundreds]!?

How are you guys managing to set this car up?

9. Shaddix

Shaddix Alien

I cant brake with the gtc.
    Its pushing to left or right, which i never experienced with any car so far.
    Gx is my choice so far.

Felipe just make the rear suspension and fst bump off the gtx to the lowest.

Gesendet von meinem HTC One mit Tapatalk

Deleted member 18758 likes this.
  10. Fly Low

Fly Low Gamer

i like the gx a little more for the slightly higher torque, but man those two cars are sharp driving!

11. Strummer

Strummer Simracer

As much as I'm loving the Evora GTX, I'm 5 sec off the pace at Mugello with it, so setup tips would be much appreciated.

12. If you are talking about the GTC, the best setup tip I can give you is to park it and take it's hotter sister the GX out.

13. Strummer

Strummer Simracer

Michael, yeah, sorry, wrong designation. I have an honorable record of dating the hotter sister so I will definitely take the GX for a ride. I hope there are as many people doing so on RSR at Mugello -- or anywhere else for that matter -- so that I have a scientific basis for measuring how slow I am.

Any setup tips for the GX?

14. Only thing I know to do is lower fuel so I figure, why bother? default is fine

Stickiest tires of course, if you are going against the rsr board.

15. Shrubbo

Shrubbo Simracer

Hahha this would be my reply, sounds busy, looks busy, is busy. I love racing this car :D

16. Turk

Turk Alien

All the lotus race cars are superb.
    It does move around a lot under braking. It worked out for me in a race, I braked late and was heading for the back of the car in front, next thing the car started moving right and it turned into an overtaking move.

17. Fly Low

Fly Low Gamer

i had to tune out using dampers to get rid of alot of that hop bounce after coming off a curb, really helped at imola

18. Kristaps

Kristaps Alien

GTC is ~0.4 sec faster then GX at the 1000m drag strip

Fastest GT in straight line

1. BMW Z4 GT3 - 0:19.504 (Akis Kevrekidis)
    2. BMW M3 GT2 - 0:19.778 (Patrick V.)
    3. McLaren MP4 GT3 - 0:19.880 (Andy Go)
    4. Evora GTX - 0:20.139 (Kristaps Dzelzgalvis)
    5. P4/5 Competizione model 2011 - 0:20.220 (Akis Kevrekidis)
    6. Evora GX - 0:20.525 (Kristaps Dzelzgalvis)

*1000m drag WR's
    * Both Evora versions will improve a bit, because I am not a drag expert :D
    *E30 DTM - 0:20.597 (Akis Kevrekidis) not bad:eek:

Last edited: Apr 13, 2014
  19. yusupov

yusupov Alien

O_O

z4 & m3 faster than mclaren?? wow.

20. Would you guys mind to share your new Lotus setups?

21. Fly Low

Fly Low Gamer

The GX at mugello is just spectacular