1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Steering ratio in setup menu

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Olivier Prenten, Mar 23, 2014.

1. Olivier Prenten

Olivier Prenten Simracer

To Developers:

Please implement in-game customizable steering ratio in the setup section!

Every other sim does it and people with wheels having less than 900° are requesting it!

Moreover, by experience with other sims, it is the most realistic solution to allow a better driving feeling!

Please consider this...

Last edited: Mar 23, 2014
    Hired Goon and Colt Rogers like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Controls & Peripherals steering ration change after pitstop. Apr 17, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Steering ratio after the next gen update, do you still need to manually change that? Feb 24, 2022
    ACC Controls & Peripherals HELP! Steering Lock/degrees/ratio - wheel not matching with in-game wheel Nov 1, 2019
    ACC User Interface Can't close the car setup saving screen after changing my steering ratio Nov 16, 2018
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds permanently set track grip to "fast" and steering ration in "view" settings Nov 29, 2017
    Physics modding - Cars & Tyres Steering lock and ratio calculation question. Nov 26, 2017
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds steering ratio / Degrees of Rotation Sep 23, 2017
    Suggestions Steering ratio adjustment please Jun 11, 2017
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Steering ratio changing Dec 1, 2015
    Physics Bugs & Issues Steering ratio setting (needed?) Aug 5, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Steering wheel setup, ratio, lock to lock as the real counter part May 31, 2015
    Physics Bugs & Issues Engine vibration in the steering wheel Mar 20, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Understand advanced steering wheel configuration Feb 5, 2015
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Analogstick steering acceleration Dec 23, 2014
    Physics Bugs & Issues Steering ratio and steering lock for every track Nov 24, 2014

3. Mixkaf

Mixkaf Rookie

It is something that has been bugging me too...

I drive and have been driving simulators with 540° degrees for years. It is today impossible for me to drive with a synchronized virtual wheel in AC. Even though I enjoy it a lot I had to turn it off because an unsychronized wheel was messing with my reactions.

I have never had this problem with other sims, since they accomodate people's preferences for the way they interact with the software. In AC people can finetune their ffb as they wish, can change their FoV, you have even implemented rumble effects even if you self-admittedly don't like them. It's fair to say you are generally very open towards your market and want to accomodate people with different expectations, wether it is driving aids or differents methods of input (mouse,gamepad). So even though having steering ratio restrictions depending on the car is the most realistic, I think it is primordial to find a way to steer every car the way everyone has the best feeling. Some people have accustomed to different steering degrees, some people have mobility issues...the reason is irrelevant. The connection we have with the sim wether it is a gamepad, a mouse or a joystick is of outmost importance, and as it happens a lot of people us AC with their wheel.

In LFS for example, you just choose your steering rotation in the settings and off you go! Wether it is 200, 450, 720, or 900° is your choice. If you want to drive with unrealistic settings it is your own problem, unless they give you an unfair advantage.

I don't know if steering ratio in the setup is the solution, but you need to find a way for everyone to be able to setup their wheel to feel at ease with the sim. It has been clear a lot of people want this, so I too, urge you to consider this.

Olivier Prenten likes this.
  4. Olivier Prenten

Olivier Prenten Simracer

I strongly second that!

5. Olivier Prenten

Olivier Prenten Simracer

6. EvanM

EvanM Rookie

It would be nice if each car had a way to configure the steering ratio and also a separate override in the settings menu. For me some tracks might require different steering ratios and it would be nice to have this option.

Hired Goon and Darren Blythe like this.
  7. dauntless

dauntless Alien

The thing about steering ratios is that it would allow more people to enjoy the game with their different equipment and other reasons. Disability is one good reason. If someone has just one hand or has lowered movement in his arms and a simple setting in the game would fix it then why not do it? In the end it is about inclusiveness and exclusiveness. Imho for a relatively niche game like ac it doesn't make sense to not have some simple options that would allow a larger userbase to enjoy your product. The wider variety of controllers the game supports properly the bigger the userbase can be. You want to be as inclusive as possible simply because every cent counts.

For example other games have been very bad at making their games playable for color blind people. Why? For no reason at all. But the lack of such support have defenately not helped the sales of their games . That kind of exclusive approach will just cost money for the developers when a small group of people are excluded for no reason at all.

Supporting different wheels with different rotations will only make the game available and playable for bigger audience. There simply is no downsides to supporting wider variety of steering wheels by offering the users to ability to adjust steering lock for example. If someone wants to buy ac and play it with his 120 degree racing wheel I just don't see the harm of letting him do just that by allowing him to adjust the steering lock for all cars so he can play as he wants with his steering wheel. A setting that does that is better option that forcing the same user to either not buy the game, quit the game or use some special tricks to go around the problem.

Also there is the simple fact that locked and not adjustable steering lock in a racing game doesn't really work when you have people playing with vastly different kinds of wheels. I'm sure there are still quite a lot of those 1000€+ non-ffb ecci steering wheels around that only do 240 degrees or something like that. There is no reason to not support those wheels properly. Even if it is 2014 not everybody have 900 degree wheels. Giving the players full control of the linearity, sensitivety and speed sensitiveness of the wheel for all cars will only make more people happy. Speed sensitivety is already there and sensitivety is kinda but a little bit more work and it would be perfect.

Hired Goon likes this.
  8. tuuliaki

tuuliaki Rookie

I can't find a steering lock setup option when I'm in the pits during the race weekend. I don't mean the lock found on steering wheel drivers, or steering wheel angle setup. But in my opinion there should be a steering lock setup option inside the game, in the pits, every car may require a different lock-to-lock angle depending on circuits hairpins. So, an important setup option is missing? Quite surprising, or then it's just me again and I can't find it.
    P4/5 could not turn throught Vallelungas tightest hairpin, ( 15, Torantino ) for example, the car has too wide turning radius.
    - tuuliaki

Hired Goon likes this.
  9. MoerasGrizzly

MoerasGrizzly Rookie

I would like to bump and second the opinions stated here. A "By car" steering lock, steering scale or steering ratio setting (just like we now have "by car" FFB settings, and just like ISI motors engine games have had this for years) would make things easier for padders, people with older wheels, and that sorta stuff. AC's current options (including config ini tweaking) change these sort off settings for all the cars. This means that I can either drive the Exos (360degree wheel in the sim) correctly but can't drive a ferrari F40, whilst with config ini tweaking I can drive the F40 but the Exos becomes impossible.

If the devs can take this into consideration for the next update I'd be very happy.

Hired Goon likes this.
  10. Hired Goon

Hired Goon Rookie

Fully agree.

11. Olivier Prenten

Olivier Prenten Simracer