1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Just another off the rails wishlist thread

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Michael Hornbuckle, Jul 5, 2015.

1. Boris Lozac

Boris Lozac Alien

So majority of real world races are boring as well? Rain is not that common you know..

2. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

Please come on, @Michael Hornbuckle nailed it: This thread is about the live stream, not the same discussions as we can find in almost any other thread.
    Please imagine the effort of coming back here in a few weeks to find a statement, or to read about the stream and the statements the first time.

witoldinho and Alessandro Greghi like this.
  3. Wet weather racing would be nice, although night driving is not something that I have ever been bothered about.

4. demonized

demonized Simracer

Majority and 100%? You don't see difference? You really don't understand what i'm trying to say? Sad things. And more sad that this is the target audience of the game, who doesn't want to take off pink glasses and see real condition of game. I'm off, don't want to continue this pointless discussion

Pascalwb likes this.
  5. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

I as a sim driver enjoy AC to its maximum potential. I don't do league racing, even public races attract me little to none. If I wanna race, I change to R3E or SCE. But I always return to AC with a large grin on my face saying f**k other sims. :D

chooligan1994 and Boris Lozac like this.
  6. Boris Lozac

Boris Lozac Alien

Yes majority. Rain sucks, in any way other then growing crops or for sleeping, watching a horror movie.

7. plaid

plaid Alien

Yeah. Good point. I got enough tracks cause mods and the cars allready included, beside most stuff doesn't or will not appeal to me in the packages. I would rather pay for features or some changes for more motorsportatmosphere (lively pits and trackdetail+pitradio). A good AI was something I expected a half year ago with the games release.
    Would make more sense to invest a successor with the potential to become much better and being competitive against upcoming sims (in 2 or 3 years).

8. Mike1304

Mike1304 Alien

Thank you that you put each new video into the opening post so we can find them very quickly without having to read through all the posts...:D

Michael Hornbuckle likes this.
  9. Ben Lee

Ben Lee Alien

Wet weather driving is the ultimate test. I love it.

Without starting a long "cool story bro" story, I used to race karts years ago and the most enjoyable conditions for me to race in was when it was raining.

You drive to the conditions, and that goes for real life or in a sim. Adjust your driving style etc.

Tim Meuris likes this.
  10. If making accurate tyre physics on dry conditions is already difficult, let alone on wet...

Michael Hornbuckle and Dookie like this.
  11. i hope people would stop asking for multiple lights sources, night racing, rain, it's not gonna happen, and i bet he's kinda sick of answering these kind of questions. also the first gear at launch, that's probably gonna happen some day when they decide what kind of penalty to assign to it.
    and we are invited to ask questions, he kinda likes it because he even stayed for almost half an hour on the chat. (an extra half hour on the streaming) because he really gets passioned about his work

vanveen, juandb78 and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  12. Jaye

Jaye Alien

Seriously? I'm thankful for you trying to bring social media infos to us here, I respect your (sometimes different) opinions, I can also respect your enthusiasm for AC, but can you please stop applying another standard to us then to yourself? It's really just getting more an more annoying that you're trying to be the big moralizer on the one hand and on the other hand not being much better. Or do you really want to state that all of your near 7,000 posts always were absolutely ontopic?

And to visualize the very complex near topic "junk" to you: DEV video => tyre limitiations => setup limitations
    it's more ontopic then talking about your vsync settings in your facebook thread or talking about the size of your ignore list in the critique thread for example...

sorry for offtopic, but that needed to be said...

nate, norbs, esox71 and 1 other person like this.
  13. Stereo

Stereo Alien

The change list points to plenty of progress being possible, which as someone who's enjoying playing the game, I appreciate.... then again, I didn't come into it expecting night, cause, newsflash, it's been in progress for 5 years or whatever and every time people asked they said "no, not ever".

14. nonnex

nonnex Alien

(hypothetical) if kunos would decide to hack daynight somehow into 1.0,
    - handling the occuring posteffects of this adventure somehow (bugs, sideeffects etc),
    - looong testing,
    - working for this (lets say) 10 months exclusively to get it working somehow.

in the end only a very small portion of the current drivers would use it regulary I bet.

Alles für die Katz! (dont know how the expression is sayed in en) ;)
    Edit: All for the birds (cats)
    PS: Would rather wait for this for a (maybe) 2.0, but then in a proper and straight way from the begining.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2015
    Dookie and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  15. I'm not wishing moons from the sky but it sounds bad to me how Kunos speaks about the possibility to stall the engine, jump start or the penalty system in a whole. Those things shouldn't have car dependant but just a coding work.

Small things which has big impact to overall immersion.

16. Robert Gerke

Robert Gerke Gamer

Nice to see that there is even still live a little here.

All other Sims bring great changes for months for league racing and multiplayer out, and what's with Kunos?

If the "One Men Show" still going for years so on? 100% Power put into the Console "Freaks"and now no more time
    for hundreds of missing PC Multiplayer features?

Impudence and bitter disappointment, Much more does not comes to my mind.

17. ears1991

ears1991 Alien

wow you again?
    get.a.life

edit: just go and play those glorious other sims and stop whining about this one that doesnt fit your ever so demanding requirements

18. AC Support

AC Support Official Support Staff Member KS Dev Team

This is where the "average user" (no offense, really, don't get me wrong, I take your quote as example) gets a huge gap with a developer. Let me explain:

Objective: implement first gear before green light

User solution: small thing, Just code work

Dev solution:
    - code work
    - what happens if the player makes a false start? -> penalty -> what type of penalty? How do I handle this?
    - what happens in multiplayer? -> penalty -> what type of penalty? Should this be configurable by server?
    - code work
    - what happens for the AI if they make false start? Handle this.
    - code work
    - what happens if the player / opponents doesn't honour the penalty?
    - code work
    - something fu***d up, code rework
    - many other things to test and fix

This is just a VERY SMALL example of how development works. So, if something can't be done, there's ALWAYS a reason. Maybe technical limitation, maybe game design, maybe lack of time. Development is like car setup: everything is a compromise. EVERYTHING.
    For the whiners, you can do what Marco and Stefano did time ago: feel free to found your own company, forget your family, work 70h/weeks, hire good people and make your own simulator with everything you want. Otherwise go trolling elsewhere.

19. Stereo

Stereo Alien

Well, stalling requires a real idle method for each car (depends if it's carbureted or electronic injection, requires different amounts of open throttle to hold the idle depending on the engine), whether they have in-car starter, how much torque that has. I don't know how the modern drive by wire semi-automatics handle stalls but I wouldn't be surprised if you can't stall them cause they'll just cut the clutch for you.

Then there's other sources of stalls, sustained Gs starving the fuel, and so on, where do you stop?

Leemstradamus likes this.
  20. Yes I know that these aren't small things to develop. What I personally meant that those "small things" might feel as a immersion breaker for some of the end-users. It is propably a big part of the "arcade BS" people keeps spreading around the internet. Those are also things we have never experienced in sims before AC, including netKar Pro. At the moment it is the first immersion when a new customer jumps into his sim car.

I respect a lot those live streams and straight non-filtered things Stefano say and actually answers to our questions and worries.

But please no Ian Bell mode, if you know what I mean.. :)

Keep up the good work!

Leemstradamus and Ace Pumpkin like this.