1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Step by Step Dedicated Server Setup for multiplayer

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Digital Aura, May 10, 2014.

1. Digital Aura

Digital Aura Racer

Can someone help me out here?
    I found the acserver configurator and launcher but it seems it isn't connecting. I've forwarded my ports but still no love. Can someone expand on how to set this up properly?

Thanks.

RESOLVED.

Here's the thing, if you're having problems creating a server I'm willing to bet you didn't forward the right ports properly (as was my case).

Here's what worked for me on my Asus EA6400 router:

1/ login to the router locally (by directing your browser to 192.168.1.1) and sign in.
    2/ find out the assigned IP address for your computer and write it down. For me this info was in the Troubleshooting>Status tab.
    3/ Now to forward the ports: For my ASUS I needed to go to Security>Apps&Gaming tab and click Single Port Forwarding. Then Click ADD and type Assetto Corsa as application name, add 9600 to both external and internal ports, set to BOTH, add that IP address now in the Device IP# area, and click SAVE. Repeat this step using and add Assetto Corsa again with ports 80 now. SAVE and APPLY.
    4/ Your ports are now opened for server hosting from your computer.

Now to set up the AC Multiplayer server:

5/ Navigate to the Steam folder where your games are kept and find the AC folder. Inside the root folder is an .exe file called acServerLauncher. I suggest creating a shortcut to your desktop or taskbar for convenience. Launch this application.
    6/ Choose the cars you want to feature and a track and server size (Max Clients).
    7/ for the SELECT TO CUSTOMIZE SESSIONS area you need to check BOOKING first. The TIME setting is how many minutes players have to sign up on your server before any events begin.
    8/ If you check boxes for Practice, Qualify and Race then you must also click them to establish time parameters for those as well. Loop Session, I assume, means everything starts again after the first race session is all over.
    9/ Dont forget to also add Server Name and password if you want a locked event.
    10/ MOST IMPORTANTLY... at the bottom, ensure the UDP port and HTTP port are 9600 and 80, respectively, as we established above in the port forwarding section.
    11/ Save this as a preset at the top if you wish...and then click the launch button (bottom right) to start your server.
    12/ If you did everything properly, the resulting black pop up window will indicate OK ... otherwise you'll see several attempts which simply time out and don't connect.
    13/ This may not be obvious, but you need to start ASSETTO CORSA now, your game client, and access your server through the new Multiplayer interface.

Your, literally, off to the races

Last edited: May 10, 2014

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Physics Bugs & Issues HELP ME!!! Unexpected error - file dx_utils.cpp - Funcion dx_step_tex - Line 507 Jun 23, 2021
    ACC Virtual Reality Really Easy VR Guide Step By Step Jul 22, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Step by step instruction to get your wheel working Jun 25, 2020
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Stepped day/night transitions May 1, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer Server was running late for 1 step(s), not enough CPU power Feb 29, 2020
    General modding discussion 3 steps to upgrade efficient car audio Feb 11, 2020
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 163 – The whining baby’s first step Jan 25, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer Server was running late for X steps Nov 16, 2019
    ACC Multiplayer Server skiping N steps Oct 29, 2019
    ACC Multiplayer Problems, problems and problems again: "TimerProcess had to skip 'n' step" Sep 17, 2019
    ACC Controls & Peripherals FFB Frequency (Interval Steps) Sep 16, 2019
    ACC Multiplayer dedicated server crash after "TimerProcess had to skip 1 step(s)" Sep 8, 2019
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #142 – The first step to greatness Aug 18, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Is my butt to big? Educate me on why my rear keeps stepping out. Jul 1, 2019
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #134 – Stepping up to worship the bull Jun 23, 2019

3. CanOx

CanOx Simracer

Sent you a PM. Which step are you getting stuck at?
    You cant launch a server at all?

4. Paul Doherty

Paul Doherty Rookie

I have an issue too I forwarded my ports all good but I can't see the room I set up in the list of servers online??

5. Digital Aura

Digital Aura Racer

right... so it turns out I thought i had my ports forwarded but actually it was not done properly. ANyone needing help with LinkSys EA6400 router, hit me up. Once it's up...its frakkin' brilliant!!!

6. hooligan83

hooligan83 Rookie

i m new on game and in the user interface the online option is not accessible.
    can someone help some Belgian Noob??????
    Thanks

7. Paul Doherty

Paul Doherty Rookie

I can now see my game in the server list but nothing happens when the booking time finishes????

8. RelapseUK

RelapseUK Racer

It is likely to be your config file that is poorly formatted.

In your .\server\cfg there is a Server_cfg.ini

It should be formatted in a specific way, here is mine for reference.

[SERVER]
    NAME=RelapseUK's Dedicated Public AC Server - The Advertised Name of your Server
    CARS=ferrari_458_s3;lotus_evora_gtc;mclaren_mp412c_gt3;bmw_m3_gt2 - The cars available for selection on your server
    TRACK=monza;nurburgring;imola;magione;vallelunga,silverstone-international; - Track Rotation list
    SUN_ANGLE=-8 - Where the sun is in the sky
    MAX_CLIENTS=15 - The amount of Player slots available
    RACE_OVER_TIME=10 - How long to wait for race finish
    PORT=9601 - Incoming UDP port
    HTTP_PORT=8001 - Incoming TCP Port
    REGISTER_TO_LOBBY=1 - Advertise server in Lobby
    LOOP_MODE=1 - Should the Track selection loop once all completed
    PASSWORD= Server access Password
    ALLOWED_TYRES_OUT=-1 - 5 sec penalty for off track

[BOOK]
    NAME=Booking
    TIME=5

[PRACTICE]
    NAME=Free Practice
    TIME=15
    WAIT_TIME=30

[QUALIFY]
    NAME=Qualify
    TIME=15
    WAIT_TIME=30

[RACE]
    NAME=Race
    LAPS=5
    WAIT_TIME=60

Failing that it could be that you're windows firewall needs inbound and outbound rules setting up for the UDP and TCP ports. Truth is, if you are behind a NAT router the inbuilt windows firewall is a little redundant.

9. baristabrian

baristabrian Gamer

I just started using a new Asus RT-AC68R router and the UI is totally different than my old Linksys. I cant find a section dealing with opening up or forwarding ports. Anyone familiar with this router?

10. RelapseUK

RelapseUK Racer

A quick google brought up this ;)

Hope it helps. :D

I know this is for 66R but should be the same.

11. TAM souza

TAM souza Rookie

Can anyone explain to me the range of sun angle and how it works? Ty

12. Paul Doherty

Paul Doherty Rookie

Thanks RelapseUK for the detailed response I really appreciate it. The config file that is being generated when I use the GUI seems like it is missing quite a bit of that stuff (I may be wrong will have to check it's been a few hours since I looked at it). The other thing that is strange is that I am getting a lot of messages along the lines that the connection to my server keeps dropping out when I really doubt that is happening. Thanks again I'll check it out against what you have posted.

13. Paul Doherty

Paul Doherty Rookie

I can find the server in the list but am then getting intermittently "Cannot find the server named x" or somthing along those lines

14. klvru

klvru Rookie

Hey guys

Been trying to set up a server, but in the dos window it kept saying "Response: Error, Invalid Server. Connection to lobby failed, attempt 1"

I have config the server file as per RelapseUK's, with UDP port being 9600 and HTTP 80. I have forwarded the port on the router, as well as an inbound outbound rule on window's firewall. Still no luck :(

15. Paul Doherty

Paul Doherty Rookie

Klvru if you have something in your router called DMZ turn it off that worked for me. My UDP is set from range 9000-9600 and I have nothing set for HTTP 80 (do I need this anyone?) I can see my room in the list of rooms but I can't connect to it no matter what I try. I know eventually through forums and hours of trying I will get there but it just annoys me that in 2014 it is not easier. I raced Live for Speed a lot for a few years and setting up your own dedicated server was a piece of cake. SO far this is just like Netkar pro which was just so painful and never reliable to quickly set up a room and race. My friends and I eventually gave up instead of the constant phone calls 'can you see my room'? or "i can see your room but I can't join" etc.. I am sure there are thousands of people out there who are having the same problems today. Time will fix many things, questions will be answered on forums, someone will put out detailed doco (for non tech heads) etc but it needs to be much easier for as I said for your average gamer.

16. Has anyone tried installing the dedicated server on a separate machine? Is it possible without steam somehow or do you need to use steam? If you need to have steam installed, how does one accomplish this so that you can have a server going and run a client at the same time?

17. 2hats

2hats Racer

search for the forum for the "microsoft loop back adapter fix"

18. dangerscouse

dangerscouse Gamer

Its a joke if LFS and codemasters f1 games are so user friendly to host and yet this is such a damn nightmare. If anyone has a virginmedia superhub and knows how to get KS software to work I would be very very grateful

19. Digital Aura

Digital Aura Racer

Gentlemen, please refer to my original post here to see how I resolved my issues. I can assure you that Kunos has an AMAZING multiplayer experience once everything is set up properly on our end. I hope my step by step will help even if you don't have an ASUS router.

RESOLVED.

Here's the thing, if you're having problems creating a server I'm willing to bet you didn't forward the right ports properly (as was my case).

Here's what worked for me on my Asus EA6400 router:

1/ login to the router locally (by directing your browser to 192.168.1.1) and sign in.
    2/ find out the assigned IP address for your computer and write it down. For me this info was in the Troubleshooting>Status tab.
    3/ Now to forward the ports: For my ASUS I needed to go to Security>Apps&Gaming tab and click Single Port Forwarding. Then Click ADD and type Assetto Corsa as application name, add 9600 to both external and internal ports, set to BOTH, add that IP address now in the Device IP# area, and click SAVE. Repeat this step using and add Assetto Corsa again with ports 80 now. SAVE and APPLY.
    4/ Your ports are now opened for server hosting from your computer.

Now to set up the AC Multiplayer server:

5/ Navigate to the Steam folder where your games are kept and find the AC folder. Inside the root folder is an .exe file called acServerLauncher. I suggest creating a shortcut to your desktop or taskbar for convenience. Launch this application.
    6/ Choose the cars you want to feature and a track and server size (Max Clients).
    7/ for the SELECT TO CUSTOMIZE SESSIONS area you need to check BOOKING first. The TIME setting is how many minutes players have to sign up on your server before any events begin.
    8/ If you check boxes for Practice, Qualify and Race then you must also click them to establish time parameters for those as well. Loop Session, I assume, means everything starts again after the first race session is all over.
    9/ Dont forget to also add Server Name and password if you want a locked event.
    10/ MOST IMPORTANTLY... at the bottom, ensure the UDP port and HTTP port are 9600 and 80, respectively, as we established above in the port forwarding section.
    11/ Save this as a preset at the top if you wish...and then click the launch button (bottom right) to start your server.
    12/ If you did everything properly, the resulting black pop up window will indicate OK ... otherwise you'll see several attempts which simply time out and don't connect.
    13/ This may not be obvious, but you need to start ASSETTO CORSA now, your game client, and access your server through the new Multiplayer interface.

Your, literally, off to the races!

20. fnugen

fnugen Rookie

I have tried all these solutions, and I continue to get the invalid server/connection failed every single time. I have opened ports 9600 and 80 on myDlink DIR 825 router and it just continues to give me the same error message after 6 connection attempts. I tried setting up under the virtual server and the port forwarding. Neither gets me a dedi server. I never had to open any ports for GTL or GTR2 and they are 8 yr old games. Why is this being such an incredible nuisance to get working? It obviously does, as others have gotten theirs working, but nothing I try seems to get me anything but the same error message over and over and over.

I made sure to have booking time set, and made sure all others had time alloted as well.

21. Digital Aura

Digital Aura Racer

fnugen...your problem, I guarantee, is still in your port settings. I had mine entered too, but I didn't have the IP of my computer established in conjunction with the ports 9600 and 80.
    Did you find the place to enter what device (your computer) you want the ports forwarded to? There specifically needs to be an area where you type in the IP of your computer (192.168.1.xxx)