1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Stop the wheel on screen from moving

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by AntiCry, Jan 15, 2016.

1. AntiCry

AntiCry Gamer

Is it possible to stop the wheel on screen from moving ? I've downloaded some F1 mods, and it's super annoying when you turn and your hand keeps blocking my view. I crash a lot just because of this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC User Interface menu controls (UI) stopped responding to keyboard and wheel Nov 22, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Cannot change HUD with wheel (Pit stops) Oct 19, 2020
    ACC User Interface Wheel in UI stops working randomly! Jul 23, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting wheel doesn't work after pit stop Jan 6, 2020
    ACC Gameplay [1.2.3] Championship, my car after pitstop had misaligned FR wheel Jan 1, 2020
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars [1.1.2] Pitstop Wheel Rim Colour Dec 4, 2019
    ACC Troubleshooting McLaren GT3 Wheel multiposition switches stopped working Nov 20, 2019
    ACC Multiplayer Car Wheel stop moving playing multiplayer Jun 6, 2019
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Replay of pit stop, BMW sinks in tarmac, wrong wheels animation Nov 15, 2018
    ACC Audio Wheels kept screeching even when the car had stopped Sep 13, 2018
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Steering wheel stopped working after changing car (VR) Sep 13, 2017
    Steering wheels discussions Thrustmaster wheel stopped being detected! Feb 23, 2017
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Audi S1 Quattro Front wheels spinning when stopped (other players) Aug 27, 2016
    Physics Bugs & Issues Wheel in the air never stops by itself. Feb 6, 2016
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Gamestop ps3 steering wheel Jun 19, 2015

3. witoldinho

witoldinho Racer

Sure, it's an option in game settings. Alternatively you can also choose to hide driver arms.

4. AntiCry

AntiCry Gamer

Hmm, guess I need to look in settings again. Couldn't find it last time :-/

5. Horus

Horus Alien

Maybe look at the info the wheel on certain cars gives you, I hide the arms but keep the wheel. It is also good to keep the wheel visible as then you know if something is wrong with the steering ratio when, or if, it goes BONKERS! :confused:

Octane likes this.
  6. NightEye

NightEye Alien

It's in the options menu, something like "lock virtual wheel".
    Or open the eye position app and adjust your seating position; I would strongly recommend to try that first.

Edit: whoops had the page open for a while, didn't reload..

7. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Personally I find the wheel and hands distracting. I dont need another set of hands moving just beyond mine. To disable these its in the display settings to show or hide the wheel and arms. Also an option for a fixed wheel I think though as I have it all off I am not 100% on that.

I also run dashmeter pro so dont need the info displayed on the wheels. Though it would be great if there was an android app that directly rendered the in car dash to an alternate display instead.

This would give you just the info the car has. But as with most real cars on track people can easily add a motec display or similar to get the same info even in an alfa gta so its not like you are seeing stuff not possible in even older real cars.

Horus likes this.
  8. F430_458_F12

F430_458_F12 Alien

There's a little box in the video settings tuning menu called "lock steering wheel" or something like that. Check it and the steering wheel won't move.