1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

[Suggestion] blow off valve

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by alex72, Mar 16, 2014.

1. alex72

alex72 Alien

I can see in some cars there are blowoff.wav sound, but when i try to add a typical blow off valve sound to that file i cant hear it when revving up and releasing the throttle. For example the new Huayra from inside cokcpit you can hear it in the real one, and when i tried to add a more typical pronounced blow off valve sound i cant hear it. Maybe due to it not being added properly yet of course.

But couldnt you work in a wav file that have this function below when OFF throttle:

[​IMG]

So no matter if we are in neutral or any gear it will sound more and more the higher we rev on the OFF throttle. I dont know if im missing something, but seems to work in my head. This is so we can have a typical blow off valve sound that is not looped or dragged out. It will always play when releasing throtte, and be louder the higher the rev is when releasing throttle.

Just would hope it to be a bit easier to add things like these to the sound. :)

So to be clear: It would be nice to have a sound file for blow off valve that have its own entry and behave like above picture. That way its easy to add it for the cars that have this sound. Unless of course we can already do this now by making our own entry in the ini's? In that case, please enlighten me. :)

Last edited: Mar 18, 2014
    Qwaribo likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Hardware Discussions [Suggestion] additional eye tracking hardware. Apr 27, 2023
    ACC User Interface [Suggestion] allow mapping "View Left/Right" to an axis Feb 19, 2022
    ACC User Interface [SUGGESTION] Helmet cam adjustments Jul 24, 2021
    ACC User Interface [SUGGESTION] HUD Improvement - split HUD element Jun 20, 2021
    ACC Gameplay [SUGGESTION] able to run and save multiple championships Dec 19, 2020
    ACC Gameplay [Suggestion] Randomization of AI grid Nov 26, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer [SUGGESTION] Reconnection to the server Nov 1, 2020
    ACC User Interface [SUGGESTION] Effect/meaning of settings on setup screens Oct 14, 2020
    ACC User Interface [Suggestion] Apply current pressures from tire menu to Pitstop and global press. up and down button Sep 17, 2020
    ACC User Interface [SUGGESTION] In Game Chat Option Enable/Disable for Leagues Sep 6, 2020
    ACC User Interface [Suggestion] Fuel Widget Sep 1, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions [suggestion] Title from preset in textbox Jul 6, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer [Suggestion] Server Browser & Advanced Filter Improvements May 18, 2020
    ACC General Discussions [SUGGESTION] For the user's forum Mar 25, 2019
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards [SUGGESTION] - MP Timings, Leaderboard, Ghosts.. Mar 7, 2019

3. PAKFA

PAKFA Alien

I've just tested the "blowoff.wav" file of the Huayra and it looks like at this stage (they said the turbo sounds for Huayra are not completed) it is just a place holder.
    You can change the sound and volume of it, and nothing happens in game.

So yes, I agree with your proposal, but I think Kunos is working on fixing this or at least doing something similar.

alex72 likes this.
  4. alex72

alex72 Alien

Yeah i had that thought too. I however meant that this idea could be implemented for all cars that have the sound for simplicity of adding blow off valve sounds. Since if im thinking it correctly this is how the sound in reality "behaves". When throttling and release you hear it. The more throttle (more rev) the louder the blow off is. So if it was implemented in the way i showed it would be real easy to add it.

But sure, I guess Kunos is way ahead of me. :) I just like giving ideas. It might be a good idea sometimes.

5. AC Support

AC Support Official Support Staff Member KS Dev Team

We're aware, will be impoved later.

alex72 likes this.
  6. alex72

alex72 Alien

Ok, sorry for giving you more job here. :oops:

AC Support likes this.
  7. I thought when I read the title, you were suggesting Kunos ditch Steam :)

PAKFA, spiritofsenna and alex72 like this.
  8. Vampire

Vampire Alien

Hi - just watching Chris Harris in the Huayra and was wondering if the sounds for this car are still 'in development' given that FMOD has just dropped. How much later is 'later', given this comment was made 8 months ago?

Because I notice there is still no distinguishable turbo sound, particularly for a car that has specifically tuned turbo noise by the manufacturer. Example....

Really enjoy driving this car, apart from the sounds..

9. PAKFA

PAKFA Alien

I tried to replicate that sound in my old mod, before fmod came:

10. 4yrton Senn4

4yrton Senn4 Simracer

I asked Luca Sodano about the Turbo Sound of the Huayra some time ago and as I remember it, it wasn't at the top of the priority list then !

Sadly still not present in AC 1.0 :(