1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Suggestion: Include a resume session (lap race) in online

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by fbetes, May 25, 2017.

1. fbetes

fbetes Simracer

[​IMG]

Hi Kunos.

Please, could you include a resume session label in online mode? If you have entered into a lobby, and you've forgotten to see how many laps the race is (or simply you've forgotten the race duration), you don't have any way to see the race duration. This is important for refueling your car before the race. I think this is not a complicated feature, and it would be very useful.

If you are in the grid of a race (waiting to the start of the race) and you want to refuel your car because you realized the race will be longer you thought, it's no possible to refuel your car (online mode not possible, it's possible in offline mode), and you will have to pitstop in the middle of the race for refueling the car...

Thanks in advance.

Last edited: May 25, 2017

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    3D car models Suggestion - readme included with official templates Nov 24, 2013
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Request/Suggestions for upcoming AC:Evo Sunday at 10:59 AM
    ACC Hardware Discussions [Suggestion] additional eye tracking hardware. Apr 27, 2023
    ACC User Interface A couple of little suggestions Apr 25, 2023
    ACC User Interface Suggestion for much better replay- overview Dec 14, 2022
    ACC Hardware Discussions Settings suggestion to play on Acer Nitro 5 57-76BF RTX 3060 Aug 16, 2022
    Chit Chat Room Server Filter Suggestion May 7, 2022
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Suggestions for settings of Logitech G920 May 4, 2022
    ACC User Interface [Suggestion] allow mapping "View Left/Right" to an axis Feb 19, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Consult / Suggestion shifter configuration Jan 21, 2022
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Suggestion regarding Mirrors Dec 23, 2021
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Suggestion: circuit map for rating info Dec 22, 2021
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Suggestion: Redundant matchmakers Dec 20, 2021
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Suggestion: ELO rating on all servers Dec 11, 2021
    ACC User Interface [SUGGESTION] Helmet cam adjustments Jul 24, 2021

3. Cercata

Cercata Gamer

Agree, that small detail would help me A LOT !!!!!

4. bradleyland

bradleyland Hardcore Simmer

I either forget to look, or forget what it was somewhere around 100% of the time in online races lol. I get all wrapped up in qualifying and lose my mind.

5. peppetod

peppetod Gamer

It would be great to have the possibility to modify your setup even on the grid, right before the race start.

SlimCharles likes this.
  6. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

This. I'm always forgetting to check how many laps the race is.

7. sent to the dev working on it.
    Can't make promises tho

pippo10, bradleyland, Flavus and 11 others like this.
  8. JungleBoy

JungleBoy Rookie

I hope this feature will also be added to career mode.

I also hope that the ranking will be correct at the end of the race, now only show the fastest lap instead should show the total time with the detachments.

Sorry for my english, use google translator.

9. jc1186

jc1186 Gamer

Haha yes yes yes!

Kunos, are you listening? Something like that is so basic. C'mon guys, lift your game!!! I am super grateful that you guys have produced, what sounds like from your passion for racing/motorsport, the most remarkable physics system.

I've played a lot of iracing. I've played Project Cars a lot too, but I'm sorry there is no bigger immersion killer than physics that far away from Assetto Corsa's.

Anyway guys I've gone on a tangent here, but Kunos are you listening?

Regardless of how good you guys are in many, many ways, it is INEXCUSABLE to not be able to see how many LAPS the race is once an Online Session has started and is either in the practice or qualifying stage.

I mean what a disconnect!

You guys understand so much, but why are these things being missed?

You have no idea how much fuel to put in your car, what tyres to use, what the pitting strategy will be.

To be honest here I have just gotten use to this. This being part of Assetto Corsa's DNA because their quirky Italian company who is misses fundamental things all the time! :(

And then I saw this thread and thought you know what, YESSS!

Why should I have to point this out to Kunos?

But you know I will!

So I did.

Here I am!

Your game has been out for almost a year!

THINK ABOUT THAT

ALMOST A YEAR

AND WE ALL HAVE NO IDEA HOW MANY LAPS THE RACE WILL BE DURING ANY SESSIONS PROCEEDING THE RACE.

By "all" I mean every single one of your customers. Your loyal fans base. ALL OF US!

How is it possible in this day and age the OP has to start this thread?

Bravo OP (original poster)!

Bravo!

You went to the trouble of taking a screenshot, editing the photo, and then putting this thread together.

:)

Good stuff.

And know I've gone on my biggest rant ever buy some margin. No Kunos, I'm sorry but this is not like me or in my personality to even Rant in the first place.

BUT you guys are a special bunch and you've brought it out in me. ;)

All that matters to me in that you start making fundamental and basic fixes like this. C'mon we're not all idiots. We know this kind of fix takes zilch time and shouldn't have been missed and consequently shouldn't have to get pointed out almost 12 months after release.

Again to repeat myself, in this day and age? Really? Is there really no one hands on testing the console at certain consistent points throughout the year?

You know.. because.. you care? About your fans. Our playing experience.

... Or just flap all of that and let's go back to the fact this is a SIM and no indication of Number of Race Laps ahead when playing Online is a hilariously poor thing to no pick up/notice in all your months developing this game, and furthermore since it has been released.

Now, to finish on a lighter note. Kunos, you guys have outdone yourselves in the new AI difficulty/aggressiveness update coming out next. I have been Youtubing it and it's remarkable and I cannot wait! :)

*edit. Just wanted to add that of course some of us fans are extremely disappointed that many fundamental and OBVIOUS errors have remained. All the meanwhile, MANY dlc packs have been released. Which I've bought some. I get it's "business", but you could/should have put more resources aside to improve the core game for all your (deserving) customer who purchased the game on the PS4. Perhaps their is more selfishness than most places at Kunos. Please no one defend that. Rookie misses that don't get fixed... but tens of thousands of hours working on new content they could charge us for. :(

Last edited: May 26, 2017
    pippo10 and Carlos_Fandango like this.
  10. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

i would like to see best lap times as well as total time.

Agree that some simple things are missing that should be there without needing to ask ( such as the request in this thread), but they are still improving the game. They haven't released a game with bugs then 2 weeks later announced a sequel. Nor have they released a deal game like F1 20015 then released a better version a year later.

If it's a choice of Kunos being like other devs or being as they are and missing a few logical things in the game before being asked to add them, well I'll take Kunos as they are.

11. jc1186

jc1186 Gamer

No, but they did release a SIM RACING game WITHOUT Custom Online Lobbies (among so many other things. Was thinking earlier I easily have 7 or 8 very basic things that haven't been included, ALL other sim racing titles have, and ALL ruin the experience big time!) and then proceeded to produce dozens and dozens of immaculate cars to sell as DLC.

Anyway I don't want this to go off topic and I don't want to further criticise Kunos. It's important that they notice this thread and start addressing more of the BASIC things that have been missing from a COMPLETE????? game from day 1.