1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

[Suggestion] Motion Blur in replays only

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by alex72, Jan 17, 2014.

1. alex72

alex72 Alien

Suggestion
    Would it be possible in the future to give us an option to have motion blur setting for replays only?

Maybe the weird camera jitter thanks to motion blur some of us have now will be fixed later, but right now if we turn motion blur off we dont get it in replays, and it looks nice with it activated when cars are in motion. And even if the jitter is fixed some people might not like to drive with it but like to have screenshots that look like this (even tho this image might be photoshopped extra blur, but you know what i mean):
    [​IMG]

No rush though Kunos. This falls far down the "to do list", even for me. Its just a suggestion. :)

Snarffu, cobox, MsportDAN and 2 others like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Hardware Discussions [Suggestion] additional eye tracking hardware. Apr 27, 2023
    ACC User Interface [Suggestion] allow mapping "View Left/Right" to an axis Feb 19, 2022
    ACC User Interface [SUGGESTION] Helmet cam adjustments Jul 24, 2021
    ACC User Interface [SUGGESTION] HUD Improvement - split HUD element Jun 20, 2021
    ACC Gameplay [SUGGESTION] able to run and save multiple championships Dec 19, 2020
    ACC Gameplay [Suggestion] Randomization of AI grid Nov 26, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer [SUGGESTION] Reconnection to the server Nov 1, 2020
    ACC User Interface [SUGGESTION] Effect/meaning of settings on setup screens Oct 14, 2020
    ACC User Interface [Suggestion] Apply current pressures from tire menu to Pitstop and global press. up and down button Sep 17, 2020
    ACC User Interface [SUGGESTION] In Game Chat Option Enable/Disable for Leagues Sep 6, 2020
    ACC User Interface [Suggestion] Fuel Widget Sep 1, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions [suggestion] Title from preset in textbox Jul 6, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer [Suggestion] Server Browser & Advanced Filter Improvements May 18, 2020
    ACC General Discussions [SUGGESTION] For the user's forum Mar 25, 2019
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards [SUGGESTION] - MP Timings, Leaderboard, Ghosts.. Mar 7, 2019

3. f_deutsch

f_deutsch Hardcore Simmer

I like the idea, probably having a subset of options for replay only, not only motion blur, but anisotropic level and so on.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Snarffu, dkwuan and mclarenf1papa like this.
  4. F430_458_F12

F430_458_F12 Alien

The point about OPTIONS, regardless if they concern motion blur or any thing else I think is important. Many of the features of the game are excellent, but would become even better if there they had selector functions. Sim racers are generally picky people who like customization; since AC has shown an understanding of this in other game areas, it would be great to see that understanding extend to things like this as well.

dkwuan likes this.
  5. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

I just did some test with Abarth race. But when you do a replay with motion blur on anything but 0, you get a nice constant FPS around 30 all track. But in car in race its not smooth enough at 30 fps IMO. If I turn blur off I get a good 60 around track in race, but replay can be very laggy going from anything from 30-60 causing bad slowdown.

Even though the replay Is at 30 its looks good and smooth, with the blur on.

Is there a chance we could have a "reply Motion blur" separate GFX setting..

6. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

or a option to apply an effect to replays to stabalise the fps. Too inconsistent atm

7. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/i...ing-from-race-smooth-replays.5266/#post-59698

just did some test with Abarth race. But when you do a replay with motion blur on anything but 0, you get a nice constant FPS around 30 all track. But in car in race its not smooth enough at 30 fps IMO. If I turn blur off I get a good 60 around track in race, but replay can be very laggy going from anything from 30-60 causing bad slowdown.

Even though the replay Is at 30 its looks good and smooth, with the blur on.

Is there a chance we could have a "reply Motion blur" separate GFX setting..

yes exactly even smooths out the FPS in replay!!! I pefer a constant 30 FPS thanit jumping from anything between 20-60...

great idea

8. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

any dev ideas.. i can get a very stable game fps but in replay its too inconsistent a chance for separate replay setting for video.?

9. spiritofsenna

spiritofsenna Simracer

I'm in triple screen, which has motion blur set off natively. It would be nice to see it in replay mode to capture the effect via photo or even to sit back and rewatch the race.
    IMHO the replays in AC are lifeless. I wouldn't dare compare any other aspect of this game to Gran Turismo, but GT has nailed replays.

MsportDAN likes this.
  10. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

it will be a shame if this gets pushed aside, because its a pity when can get stable fps in game but replays are sometimes horrendous.

11. Tony Rickard

Tony Rickard Racer

The iRacing approach of independent graphics options for racing and replays is an excellent solution IMHO.

f_deutsch, alex72 and MsportDAN like this.
  12. f_deutsch

f_deutsch Hardcore Simmer

Agreed 100%