1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Suggestion: please add chat at the very top of the screen (it's not effective unless all see it)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by eobet, Oct 21, 2014.

1. eobet

eobet Simracer

I've made a similar thread before, although in a different forum, and got a little bit of a response, so I'm posting again here to see if things have changed, or if I can get a little bit of more response from the community now.

• Chat is currently not effective.
    • This in turn, means that kick voting is not effective.
    • And that means that multiplayer suffers.

In fact, this lack of an official chat which everyone sees regardless of app usage means that multiplayer etiquette is almost nonexistent on Assetto Corsa servers and like it or not, communication is essential to online play.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC User Interface Suggestion: Can we please have individual Load and Save buttons for setups? Jun 6, 2019
    ACC Gameplay Suggestions Please Jun 4, 2019
    XBox One Discussions Practice mode suggestions(no wrong way or time penaltys) pleasee Aug 27, 2016
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Assetto Corsa no longer launches. Tried suggestions in forum with no luck. Please Help! Feb 29, 2016
    Liveries New good smile racing inspired skin, suggestions please :) Aug 11, 2014
    3D car models [Suggestion] BMW Z4 GT3 - Make this parts paintable please! Dec 21, 2013
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Request/Suggestions for upcoming AC:Evo Apr 28, 2024
    ACC Hardware Discussions [Suggestion] additional eye tracking hardware. Apr 27, 2023
    ACC User Interface A couple of little suggestions Apr 25, 2023
    ACC User Interface Suggestion for much better replay- overview Dec 14, 2022
    ACC Hardware Discussions Settings suggestion to play on Acer Nitro 5 57-76BF RTX 3060 Aug 16, 2022
    Chit Chat Room Server Filter Suggestion May 7, 2022
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Suggestions for settings of Logitech G920 May 4, 2022
    ACC User Interface [Suggestion] allow mapping "View Left/Right" to an axis Feb 19, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Consult / Suggestion shifter configuration Jan 21, 2022

3. [AW]Danny

[AW]Danny Gamer

Personally I'd like to see an in-game voice chat with the option to mute people if required. Definitely seems like a more practical option for a racing game than text chat. But I agree with you that the text chat should be more visible than it is now.

4. Horus

Horus Alien

Not sure about others but I ignore most noise when racing so voice chat would be useless, if you don't say my name then it has nothing to do with me. I don't mind talking or listening to people I race with frequently, but can you imagine the idiots that could use this to cause total mayhem. I would prefer text as I can take the time to read it at my convenience. As long as it is visible for long enough. Not saying I want streams of text appearing on screen but relevant information is always good to see.

5. I would love a voice chat, but only if I can mute the person talking with the push of a button on my wheel.

Horus likes this.
  6. Sean

Sean Simracer

I agree with the OP, text chat need to be much better for final release.

7. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Hardcore Simmer

+1 here too. Chat at the top and 2-3 lines would be great (or customisable amount of lines even better).

8. victor86

victor86 Racer

+1 a chat with few lines, expandable to more lines with a click or a button, and an option to mute all player written messages.

9. WildStyle*

WildStyle* Racer

Voice chat!

10. Ben Lee

Ben Lee Alien

I agree, chat menu should be at the top of the screen replacing the needless laptime feed.

11. Tucker73

Tucker73 Hardcore Simmer

I disagree, there is enough info that appears on the top of my screen, other peoples laptimes, kickvotes and restart session votes...I wish I could move all this info so it don't catch my eye when I am racing, I wish I could turn this off or move it.

earlyapex likes this.
  12. ears1991

ears1991 Alien

tiny app with transparent background is all we need just to see the last message or 2

13. B1gy

B1gy Racer

I agree with the chat in the header, perhaps with a few more line.
    But with the opportunity to deactivate.

14. Gsgomma!

Gsgomma! Racer

yes I agree too, I really like a few more line to view in the chat 4/5 line should be good, the best is if you can choise to hide/show or popup the chat when a new message is sent

15. dauntless

dauntless Alien

System like lfs would be nice. When there are lots of messages there is a cap of 5-8 lines and then they disappear after certain amount of time. But pressing h shows the last 8 messages. Then pressing h again would make the messages go away. Chat should definitely be integral part of the game and not some app that is kinda poor atm.

16. +1000

Also a configurable sound would be nice to catch attention. ATM I tend to miss a lot of chat messages because I only get a visual new line...

Lucas - Xtremepsionic likes this.
  17. Hany

Hany Alien

18. Great suggestion, hopefully Kunos sees this and gives this some love. Right now the 1 line chat is really difficult to use in MP when more than a couple people are trying to talk at the same time.