1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Suggestions for online races

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by ERO, Mar 20, 2014.

1. ERO

ERO Rookie

Hello.

First of all , I apologize if this is not it suitable means.

I would like to suggest an idea and I hope that you have in mind for online races .

It is a system similar to levels very famous games like League of Leguends or Counter Strike Global Offensive .

That is having a players rank and suit that range depending on your skill . If rank up better .

I say this because so careers in Assetto Corsa would be fair and more fun , because if there are professional players with amateur people amateur people will get bored of playing with professional people and may end up leaving the game.

I would like to know if you have any of this for the races are fair and not make the mistake like rFactor , you can play with professionals.

And from my experience , it's much more fun to play with people your own skill, the races are much more interesting and improve your skills gradually.

I hope your answer, regrads ERO .

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room Clean online racing - possible? Suggestions and discussions! Dec 30, 2013
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Request/Suggestions for upcoming AC:Evo Sunday at 10:59 AM
    ACC User Interface A couple of little suggestions Apr 25, 2023
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Suggestions for settings of Logitech G920 May 4, 2022
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards My Suggestions for Rating & Leaderboards [v1.6.2] Nov 25, 2020
    ACC User Interface UPDATED! My Suggestions for UI (inc. pics) [v1.7.4 until v1.8] Nov 25, 2020
    ACC Gameplay A few questions and/or suggestions Nov 2, 2020
    ACC Virtual Reality suggestions for VR users Jul 19, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer CP server suggestions Mar 11, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer Suggestions/Requirements for Leagues Competitions Feb 15, 2020
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Suggestions to improve Gamepad support Feb 7, 2020
    ACC Gameplay MFD suggestions Feb 5, 2020
    ACC Controls & Peripherals realistic FFB strength suggestions (Fanatec DD1) Dec 15, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Again a few suggestions to make the game more engaging Oct 1, 2019
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Monitor swap and FOV suggestions Sep 6, 2019

3. TCLF

TCLF Alien

it indeed works well for team vs team based games, but not with racing games where it's everyone for them selfes

4. ERO

ERO Rookie

Maybe, but the races are more interesting for all against people who have your same skill or similar. Because if you play against people on the start of the race and in turn you out a lead of several seconds, it gets kind of boring. I think.

Deleted member 18758 likes this.
  5. Festa_PWR

Festa_PWR Alien

Are we even sure if Kunos will have anything to do with hosting races, or will it all be down to users/forums setting up there own, similar to rFactor?

Bring on the T1 carnage . . .

6. dbell76

dbell76 Racer

well i agree to the idea to split pro's from amateurs like i am.....
    my experience with PC online sims is Zero....we made in Konsole times on Forza Qualifings to have a good equilibrated Grid
    as i'm not a Alien i don't Need to race with them but with equal leveld chaps :D skill Level will improve also....

7. TCLF

TCLF Alien

Kunos will have nothing to do with hosting races. They plan to do dedicated servers, just like NKP iirc.

also, I'd rather drive against people who are on a different skill level than drivign against drivers on the same lvl who have a bad safety

Shaddix likes this.
  8. cerebus23

cerebus23 Simracer

Yea but over a random race field skill levels are going to vary widely also, there might be 2 to 5 aliens, 4or 5 fast people, couple middle of the packs and the last few the guys that just do the sunday drive thing and finish eventually.

you will sort out into one of those groups.

even leagues and what not its generally the same.

yea if everyone in the field were dead even skill and car wise it could be the most exciting thing ever but that does not happen in real races well you got stock car type racing, where you lest have dead even cars and still that field widens out a good bit over the course of a race.

Shaddix likes this.
  9. TCLF

TCLF Alien

indeed, there is no such thing as all drivers being close to each other skill wise

10. ERO

ERO Rookie

It would not be necessary either to separate, at least gives a level or range profile of each pilot.

So if you enter a server can know that level can have the other drivers or people make servers paara Level 1-2 or Level 10-20

It would be more fun than professional people.

But you can always mix, but knowing against whom run.

11. Festa_PWR

Festa_PWR Alien

Maybe if there was some kind of rating within the Career mode that could be applied to a filter when setting up races, people/forums are able to setup races allowing access to people only of similar rating.

This option, can of course, be omitted and allow anyone to race in servers that allow it.

12. kjelle

kjelle Racer

Why make definite decision for potential drivers, instead of in collaboration with them? If you can see the level of drivers in a race "server" you can make the decision by yourself if you want to participate or not, or search for another race.
    If you want to set up a custom race, let the leader decide the terms for that specific race.

13. pharacon

pharacon Racer

Here is the easy answer:

The grid is determined by finish placement of the last race, new players are placed randomly in the remaining spots. The skill will automatically stratify the longer people play, just like playing the AI you just need to survive the 1st lap. :)

This solution also lends itself to league play as the 1st race can be a qualifier, then the server resets and then the real race begins.

kjelle likes this.
  14. Festa_PWR

Festa_PWR Alien

Smart 4rse :)

15. paulieGTR

paulieGTR Alien

Hi ERO. :)

That's what friends and communities are for.
    I don't and wouldn't want any outside interaction deciding or even suggesting who or where i race.

Who cares about winning... I've raced with some really quick guys in the past and never got bored with it.
    The really good and most enjoyable times i've had in simracing is battling with guys in the middle of the field,
    or at the back of the grid.

As soon as MP appears...
    If you're serious about AC and simracing, go and join a league mafrien, you'll never look back. ;):)

Dave Begley likes this.
  16. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Hardcore Simmer

Racing should be racing, there will allways be good and not-so-good drivers, so everybody races everybody, that's the fun of it, there are not 2 F1 championships for Hamilton, Vettel, Alonso, etçª and other for Kobayashi, Vergne, Kvyat, etçª, like in all sports (and simracing is not different) everybody has different skill levels and should have the opportunity to race who they want where they want...

There will allways be winners and losers, so...

P.S- Keep it like rFactor style and success is guaranteed ;)

Dave Begley likes this.
  17. Felice Pugliese

Felice Pugliese Hardcore Simmer

I think it's right to do the classes, at least for entry level racing on the track with those who have never sim course is devastating for everyone, if for example you do not know a blue flag or other rules of the race will be a frustrating experience for everyone, new kind of sim will have to practice a lot on how you run on the track before and did not think about winning or exceed, this is what you do on the arcade game.

18. F1Dave

F1Dave Racer

+1
    As long as everyone keeps it clean and fair the racing will always be good

Rui Santos likes this.
  19. ERO

ERO Rookie

I just think it would be excellent to balance careers

20. roufles

roufles Racer

In my opinion all you need to know is the laptimes and some sort of safety rating to know who you can trust or not on the grid.

I dont have a lot of experience online but I raced quite a bit back in the day on LFS and the most fun I had was racing with some guy with +- 1 sec of my time, no matter if it was for first place or the last. Mobile roundabounds were frustrating (including myself)

A simple thumbs up or down for each player at the end of the race would be enough and let the servers decide if you can race there or not. Just like this
    [​IMG]

21. Festa_PWR

Festa_PWR Alien

With all the telemetry we get from AC, surely an app can be written (not by me, I`m useless, sorry) that can tally points for incidents?

Off-track would be easy, contact can be done based on if damage is caused. Can it determine who caused it? Maybe not, but neither does iRacing (does it?)