1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

SuperFOV & Immersive Display Settings?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by IDLH_, Dec 4, 2013.

1. dubbsta78

dubbsta78 Racer

Wow becareful you almost hit assetto corsa :p. Good stuff, to correct fisheye do you thing it best to make screen fla and angled to simulate 3 monitors instead of curved

2. MrPix

MrPix Racer

The fisheye you see on the vids is mainly down to the GoPro... I should have used narrow FOV on the camera to show how flat it really is.

There is an element of fisheye towards the sides edges, just as there is with a flat screen with an anamorphic aspect ratio or with three screen in ultra/super wide aspect when rendered as a single output.

The whole point of this thread is what you are getting at though... we would love to see a setting in AC that took into account screens with curvature... e.g. you pump in a horizontal FOV/angle, and a radius and the output is rendered to suit. There is already a 3 screen corrective rendering option, where each screen is rendered to suit the angles you choose to set them at, but it doesn't quite work for the curved surface as you get acute angle changes where the seams would be if using 3 flat surfaces as pointed out in the OP.

dubbsta78 likes this.
  3. HackMac

HackMac Racer

Nice setup and video, well done.

Here are the (backstage) pics from my screen made of cardboard and paper mounted on my glas desk.

image.jpg

To fix it I used my very old BOSE speaker ( anything else as heavy will do) and some elastic bands.
    image.jpg image.jpg

The aluminium L profile is for stabilisation and making the cardboard more or less a plain surface.

4. dubbsta78

dubbsta78 Racer

Maybe this will help, 2$ a piece and make a frame, you might want a perticular silver spray paint for the screen since you are using paper, silver works best hence the silver screen. in case you were looking for ideas

Wood: http://m.homedepot.com/p/1-in-x-4-in-x-8-ft-Furring-Strip-Board-687642/100043036/

Diy silverscreen: http://www.instructables.com/id/100-Projector-Screen-for-15/

Silver screen paint: http://www.homedepot.com/p/BEHR-Pre...erior-Exterior-Paint-Sample-770E-2U/202182565

If you have bigger budget www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NwfpMBxgMM

Last edited: Apr 26, 2014
  5. HackMac

HackMac Racer

Thanks for the suggestions.

I am quite happy with my current setup and I don't have much time.
    The time I have I rather spend driving than building.

The next big time investment will be optimising for the Dk2 and getting a new GFX card in July.

MrPix and dubbsta78 like this.
  6. GhettoRice

GhettoRice Racer

dubbsta78 likes this.
  7. dubbsta78

dubbsta78 Racer

pretty cool just seen it in action really considering a projector in the near future

8. 1karl1

1karl1 Simracer

If it wasn't for Oculus DK2 being en route i'd be doing exactly the same,a plain white glossy or not piece of linoleum would do for a screen i have a projector set up in my bedroom and the pull down screen i use has more or less the same properties in terms of shine and texture as plain old lino .

9. Dick Forrest

Dick Forrest Racer

This is inspirational stuff!
    *checks bank account.......... *sad face...

10. Asilo_Driver

Asilo_Driver Racer

Do you guys know it?

http://www.wideview.it/wideview.htm

This can subdivide Flight Simulator X processing by several computers, making anything easier and smoother.

Look at this maniac:

[​IMG]

11. dubbsta78

dubbsta78 Racer

haha that must weigh a ton...:p pretty cool though:cool:

12. 1karl1

1karl1 Simracer

Thereg a guy who likes the colour "cream" a bit too much maybe listened to too much eric clapton . Look how the white pc on the bottom left is shunned and hidden away like an unwanted step-child .

13. dubbsta78

dubbsta78 Racer

haha the only color in the 80's...shirley you know what im talking about...no i didnt call you shirley:p

14. Tundra

Tundra Hardcore Simmer

I love when youngsters complain about how bad AC graphics look or lack of speed sensation.

15. dubbsta78

dubbsta78 Racer

16. Quick question about the superFOV screen placement:

I have seen Remco Hitman's setup, and most other superFOV setups. The screen is behind the wheel (with a cutout), and they are practically able to superimpose the image of the virtual steering wheel with the actual steering wheel (the one in real life); of course, most turn off the steering wheel graphic (why have two in front of you anyway, right?).

But then, if the image shows the steering wheel, then shouldn't the screen be _in front of_ the actual steering wheel? Shouldn't the screen be even closer? That way, the projected virtual steering wheel is in the same plane as the actual steering wheel?

I see the problems that a closer screen would give, but wouldn't that be "more real"?

GhettoRice likes this.
  17. ericRacer

ericRacer Gamer

GhettoRice and dubbsta78 like this.
  18. dubbsta78

dubbsta78 Racer

awesome find thanks!!!

ericRacer likes this.