1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

PS4 T300 FFB fading after 2 laps

Discussion in 'Steering wheels discussions' started by frederick84, Aug 26, 2016.

1. frederick84

frederick84 Rookie

Hi

I have been playing for a couple of hours on PS4 on the default ffb settings i get strong force feed back for 2 laps then my wheel goes light and most of the resistance disappears. i still feel curb bumps but not much when turning the wheel. I did reduce the ffb setting to 80 and still had the issue. I am just wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same issue?

Should i turn the settings down below 50%? or could it just be my wheel being faulty?

The wheel does not seem hot so I dont think its over heating.

thanks

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Controls & Peripherals 1.9 & T300 - check here if you feel mushy ffb Apr 24, 2023
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Zero FFB | Thrustmaster T300RS GT [FIXED] Aug 9, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions T300 ffb Feb 28, 2022
    ACC Controls & Peripherals TM T300RS, no FFB since 1.8 [Resolved with driver update reinstall] Nov 24, 2021
    ACC Controls & Peripherals I have problem with FFB my t300rs steering wheel. Jan 9, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions T300rs Ps4 FFB problem Jan 7, 2021
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Controls keep defaulting to 111hz ffb with T300 May 25, 2020
    ACC Controls & Peripherals T300 FFB way too light Mar 5, 2020
    ACC Controls & Peripherals No FFB on curbs (Thrustmaster t300) Apr 16, 2019
    ACC Virtual Reality HMD ODYSSEY + T300RS NO FFB Mar 19, 2019
    ACC Controls & Peripherals FFB Settings T300 Mar 6, 2019
    ACC Controls & Peripherals T300 ffb and handling Sep 14, 2018
    ACC Controls & Peripherals No FFB and settings reset (T300RS with CSPv3) Sep 13, 2018
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds NO FFB WITH T300 RS Jul 29, 2018
    Chit Chat Room T300 GTE no ffb consistency in the center Mar 18, 2017

3. TXC_IJOJOI

TXC_IJOJOI Racer

Do you have any other games to try this?
    Very strange, maybe put it to 50% and see if the same thing is happening!

4. TaZ2k

TaZ2k Gamer

You can try this settings:
    Fbb @45%
    Curb @20%
    Road @20%
    Slip @0%
    Understeer effect @on
    Works fine after 3 Races with 10 Rounds.

5. frederick84

frederick84 Rookie

ok thanks I will try these settings and see how I get on

6. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

Your T300 is going into self preservation mode, the default FFB is way way to strong!

Skemekos123 likes this.
  7. frederick84

frederick84 Rookie

Ok thanks for that the reduced settings have done the trick.

Skemekos123 and TaZ2k like this.
  8. Skemekos123

Skemekos123 Racer

I have the same problem too. And the same thing happens in Project Cars also.
    Yet Dirt Rally seems fine.
    I have FFB set to 75% in both the thrustmaster control panel, and ingame, with curb and road set to 100 and slip at 0.
    I'm gonna try TaZ2k's settings tonight. Really frustrating to only race for 5 minutes, then wait 30 minutes for the FFB to start working properly again. I really need to build a gaming PC and put together an osw.

9. frederick84

frederick84 Rookie

Yeah if you use TaZ2K's settings it sorts it out a treat. I have done about 6hrs since changing the settings and habe not had a probelm. FFB really good feed back of the car excellent. Its just a shame they did not provide rough guidelines for the different wheels in the menu. You wont be dissapointed with these settings. I have pcars as well and used the tweaker files off the forum which seemed to work. But given up with pcars due to ffb bugs.

monkiusz likes this.
  10. Perza

Perza Rookie

Could someone please explain these settings in detail? Why would you have "slip ffb" to zero? I would like to feel when my vehicle is losing grip...Or am I missing something? Thank you

11. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

Console FFB explained

Probably something best left to another thread as I suspect it's a question that is going to come up a lot...

One other thought on T300 FFB fading, I believe here is an option in the firmware to change how the cooling fan is operating, might be worth exploring...

12. monkiusz

monkiusz Gamer

Yes there is. You can set fans to be "always on" (forced) mode.

"Process to switch from the “Automatic” cooling mode to the “Forced” cooling mode
    (and conversely):
    • The selected mode is automatically saved to the racing wheel's internal memory
    (i.e. you do not need to repeat this process after restarting the wheel).
    • You can switch from one mode to another at any given time (even during a game).

Simultaneously press the “ST” and “MODE” buttons
    = The “Forced” mode becomes active (the LED flashes twice).

Simultaneously press the “ST" and “MODE” buttons
    = The “Automatic” mode becomes active (the LED flashes once).

* On PC, the “ST” button matches the wheel's “8” button.
    * On PS3™, the “ST” button matches the wheel's “START” button.
    * On PS4™, the “ST” button matches the wheel's “OPTION” button."

Console players must update their firmware through PC (no Mac option) to v25 to set this forced mode.

zeroasdf likes this.
  13. Skemekos123

Skemekos123 Racer

Yeah, I'm using Taz2k's settings now, and it's great! Wheel doesn't even get hot anymore. And that's a great new firmware feature for the wheel. Never knew about that unil now. Thanks!

14. TeKnO-_-91

TeKnO-_-91 Racer

could just be the motor overheating which causes fading,,i took mine apart the day i got it and moded the case to allow more air to flow through. Just saying.

15. TeKnO-_-91

TeKnO-_-91 Racer

does this work for all thrustmaster wheels?

16. joaqmguti

joaqmguti Rookie

Hi all, good morning,

I have the same issue.

Have you using an usb extender?

I was using one 2 mt. usb extender and maybe this is the problem too...!!!

17. zeroasdf

zeroasdf Rookie

Thank you very much

18. As a logi owner must say it... that's bizarre :p