1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

The ACC CPU Benchmark Thread

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by Deatroy, Dec 7, 2018.

1. Coś jest nie tak :-( Zmieniłem 5600x na 5800x3d iw ACC są stosowane na tych ustawachniach.
    [​IMG]

2. rauf00

rauf00 Simracer

V-sync on?

3. No :)

4. Gobrel

Gobrel Gamer

What resolution, 4k?

General question, is the CPU difference on 4k not that big? I would think the GPU is far more important than the CPU like whether it is a ryzen 5600X or 5800X3d.

5. triple 2k .but I think the card is too weak :) . The settings were Epic :):):)

6. Stains

Stains Simracer

3080 does 100 + fps at 5760x1080 so I don't think that's the problem at 2k.

7. Krassmus

Krassmus Gamer

Then put 3x 2560x1440 into the calculator and think again.
    7680x1440 is a whole different story.
    11 Mio pixels vs 6.2 Mio pixels.
    It's 178% of the pixels.
    100 fps devided by 1.78 = 56 fps

He got 57.7-60 fps.

detoit and Stains like this.
  8. Stains

Stains Simracer

I don't know what happened, either someone edited their post or i had a aneurysm, i remember reading someone saying they got 100 fps at 1440p triples. I must have mixed up posts or threads or used someone else's brain, lol

Krassmus likes this.
  9. Thomas Fun

Thomas Fun Simracer

It has been mentioned before, that disabling HT or just using the physical cores of your CPU by launching ACC with an affinity parameter can improve the performance in CPU limited scenarios.

I did 6 benchmarks with 39 AI, spectating the AI car in position 25 during the start sequence
    upload_2023-1-31_18-2-35.png

In each run, restricting ACC to the physical CPU cores (5900X) got a better result. Also the fps percentiles were consistently better.

upload_2023-1-31_18-6-24.png

This can be achieved by just simply running ACC directly with a batch file instead of clicking it on Steam.
    Create a file "acc.bat", and copy the code below:
    Code:
    cd "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Assetto Corsa Competizione\AC2\Binaries\Win64\"
    start /AFFINITY 0x55555555 AC2-Win64-Shipping.exe

The affinity parameter is set for 16 cores. If your CPU has less, Windows just ignores the extra numbers, so this still works. In case you still want to match it to your CPU, each 5 in the affinity parameter represents 2 physical cores. So a 8 core CPU would be 0x5555.

If anyone has a 5800X3D and wants to test, please share the results :)

10. Anthonyl

Anthonyl Racer

I just installed a 5800X3D and an RX 7900XT... OMG!

Do you want me to bench?

AndyK70 likes this.
  11. Martin Top

Martin Top Rookie

Hi mate nice job with the testing . How you create this acc.bat file ? Just with notepad (simple text document) or somewhere trough windows ?

12. Krassmus

Krassmus Gamer

Yeah, you create a text-file, copy&paste the "code" in it and save it as .bat instead of .txt.
    Or you save it as .txt and then rename it to .bat
    Then simply double click the .bat and it should work.

For me, ACC starts, but the affinity won't apply for some reason.
    There seem to be ways to apply the affinity while ACC is running though and you can test this instantly without restarting ACC all the time.
    I want to get this to run for myself too, so I'll just write down my own process of getting it to work here:

With a little help from ChatGPT, the powershell script for this is easily created.
    It's sadly only possible with powershell, not via CMD, but powershell has some security restrictions to stop any scripct from executing.

However you can bypass the powershell restrictions by executing the .ps1 via a .bat file.
    Not even admin-rights needed from my testing.

The .bat and .ps1 should be in the same folder, then you can do this:
    upload_2023-7-7_13-14-26.png

.bat file:
    set "script_path=%~dp0set_affinity.ps1"
    powershell.exe -ExecutionPolicy Bypass -File "%script_path%"
    pause

(delete the pause at the end and add @Echo off as first line after it's working successfully)
    (this path thing is needed so the bat file finds the script right next to itself and then tells powershell where it is)

.ps1 file: (DON'T put .exe into the name. No idea why, but it stops working)
    $process = Get-Process -Name "AC2-Win64-Shipping"
    $process.ProcessorAffinity = 0x155

The hex-number can be done via an online binary to hex converter. It's quite simple.
    In binary, each bit = one CPU thread.
    If you have 2 cores with HT, the default would be, binary: 1111 (all threads used)
    What you want: 0101 (only 1 thread per real core being used)
    For 6 cores + HT it's this: 010101010101
    0 = being used
    1 = not used
    0x at the beginning defines the number as hex.
    So 0101 equals 55 in hex, but it needs to be 0x55.

The number I used successfully on my laptop with 4C/8T: 0x55
    hexnumber for 6 cores + HT= 0x155
    https://calculator.name/baseconvert/binary/hexadecimal/0101010101

For some reason, 0x5555 gives an error. The number needs to fit perfectly in my case. Maybe due to Win 11, no idea.

After running this, you should see the affinity applied in TaskManager by rightclicking on the process and clicking on "Affinity". If it's not there, you first need to click on "Details" and then again rightclick on the process and find "Affinity".

I just tested this for Telegram on my laptop:
    upload_2023-7-7_12-43-25.png

upload_2023-7-7_13-28-51.png

Last edited: Jul 7, 2023
    Martin Top likes this.
  13. Martin Top

Martin Top Rookie

Thanks for the info sounds like a lot of hustle just for few frames

14. Krassmus

Krassmus Gamer

Yes and no. I wanted to know this in general to set the affinity for all kinds of programs. But I'm coding a little bit in my job so I totally get that it's not worth it for everyone.
    I attached my working files to this post. Just download them and put them anywhere into the same folder.
    - Run ACC and when you're in the main menu (or later): double click the .bat.
    - If there's no error message, it's working.
    - Now right click the .bat, open it with the editor, wordpad, notepad++, whatever and delete the "pause" at the bottom.

I had to add ".txt" to both files to make them uploadable here. Delete that too, ofc.

I got to test this now at the PC with ACC. Here are a few infos for who's interested:
    Needs to be: 0x555 !! I forgot a pair of 01...
    So:
    .ps1 file: (DON'T put .exe into the name. No idea why, but it stops working)
    $process = Get-Process -Name "AC2-Win64-Shipping"
    $process.ProcessorAffinity = 0x555

As I said, needs to be 0x555.
    I confirm, that it really needs to be exactly 0x555 and not 0x5555 or more 5's.
    In short: half the amount of 5's that you have real cores.

If you have more than 5 cores, you won't gain any fps by having more cores.
    In theory, you could increase your minimum fps by forcing ACC to the first 5 cores and stuff like Discord, SimHub etc. to the 6th core.
    And a little info for who's interested: It's not that "0" = used, "1"= not used! The cores are backwards in the binary number. Just learnt this.

So for ACC to be forced on the first 5 real cores, on my 7600X, it would be:
    00 01 01 01 01 01 => 0x554
    and for SimHub, Discord etc.:
    11 00 00 00 00 00 => 0xC00 (C zero zero)

Attached Files:

Martin Top likes this.
  15. Martin Top

Martin Top Rookie

Thanks mate i will try

16. AndyK70

AndyK70 Alien

yes, please