1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

The official "NEWS FROM THE SOCIAL NETWORKS" thread

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by AC Support, Aug 10, 2016.

1. JFC
    Pretty sure that the majority of us would wish/ask for far more realistic damage, not less.

So aero damage doesn't matter?

Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
    evil_overlord and F430_458_F12 like this.
  2. Orne

Orne Alien

Ignore option is the next best thing!

chksix and mms like this.
  3. MrDeap

MrDeap Hardcore Simmer

The forum would be near empty

4. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

But he's so entertaining :)

5. Blizzier

Blizzier Racer

Are we playing in the same game? That much front damage gives you at last one second off the pace, back damage probably another one because of instability under braking and in corners. Also RSR records are set in hotlap, not race enviroment. Also he's doing live commentary while driving, so probably he's not focus enough then 1:58 is not that bad time even on GT layout.

It's not only about being good racing driver, but also mastering the game, even if this is simulator.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
    Orne likes this.
  6. nate

nate Hardcore Simmer

And you wonder why your reputation is as bad as it is around here... :rolleyes:

Brownninja97, Jebus and gandlers like this.
  7. mms

mms Alien

Yeah, I use that more and more, the problem is that you have to use the "Show ignored content" whenever you have no clue about who/what the guys respond to lol...

8. [​IMG]

:D
    He's got my laser scope on him, one more post where instead of contributing to the discussion he'll push forward his agenda and it's all over.

9. pavano

pavano Simracer

haha, that's one ready cat to strike...
    :D

10. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

Ok your point being that real life driving skill does not matter to be fast in AC because it's just a videogame and reality does not apply to it. Which in turn means that AC is not a sim. And seeing that you mentioned the guy is competitive in iRacing, does that mean that iRacing is a sim and AC is not?

Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
  11. MrDeap

MrDeap Hardcore Simmer

The may be a bird there, but could be some other birds around that may get stuck in it. The scope may be on me, but if I don't do anything wrong... the scope on may fall on other targets around. Everyone need to be careful, especially at quoting me.

Actually, I was joking around. It's not related at all to the game realism, since it feel quite good actually. @Lord Kunos saw through. :D

12. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Crazy how people say he isn’t very quick basing it on rsr times... lol. I’m seeing someone who hasn’t driven AC but is a professional driver so has a huge amount of muscle memory from racing the real things taking a car and racing it without any obvious issues in controlling it. In fact he seems very comfortable on the brakes with it and getting the power down. To me this seems like a huge compliment to the physics engine and reproduction of the car and track as he seems fairly comfortable in it. I struggle with that car at the best of times, remember there so ABS here either so his control on the brakes is impressive

13. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

14. Tberg

Tberg Alien

F430_458_F12 likes this.
  15. AccAkut

AccAkut Alien

16. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

Rear dampers failure ?

17. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Rather looked more like being too fast over that hump.
    It's not that uncommon cars frontflip in such a situation.

The front gets light by the hump so the weight balance is shifted to the rear and when the loaded up rear tyres hit the hump the whole car gets jacked up resulting in the car to rotate forward.

18. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

Yes, but IDK, they should be designed to soak up such forces, or adjusted so. If it is common.

Just look how Peugeot was testing their car in the stone ages, it doesn't give a damn about anything lol

Maxidyne and chksix like this.
  19. sacredaardvark

sacredaardvark Hardcore Simmer

Just a faulty brake modulator in the cockpit. :p

Or to phrase it differently, an ID-ten-T error between the seat and the steering wheel. ;)

Schnipp and mms like this.
  20. F430_458_F12

F430_458_F12 Alien

I...need that cat's eyes :D :D :D