1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

The official "NEWS FROM THE SOCIAL NETWORKS" thread

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by AC Support, Aug 10, 2016.

1. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

Well I guess one could ask @Nao ..

Nahkamarakatti likes this.
  2. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Looking forward to the revised camber/grip relationship. There was ambitious community testing of the grip/camber/lap time relationship a while back with the result that there was something not quite right about it. Maybe it's improved now.

And I'm so glad we get the Cayman GT4 Clubsport...that's the proper car to race against other GT4s, no?

A vertical leaderboard (good!), some wrecker detection, performance (I can haz moar FPS!?!)...the changelog contains so many little surprise features...I'm totally hyped.

3. Kyo

Kyo Racer

I think that means they altered the formula for how camber affects grip. I'm hoping this a fix for the drift cars which start to understeer excessively near opposite lock. We have been waiting for this fix a long time.
    See this thread for details:
    https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/e30-drift-front-grip-feel.32127/

Last edited: Oct 25, 2016
  4. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

the 1st one you listed concerns me a little bit, I will wait and see before I judge though. obviously isnt a big deal but id rather open an app by choice if I want to see other players lap times rather than have them displayed at the top each lap.

sherpa25 and cerebralvortex like this.
  5. I think its going to be like the F9 leaderboards, where it can be toggled on and off. Also I don't think its the leaders lap times, just the lap number the leader is on, and the session time.

I think I saw it on Luca's video, and it looked subtle simple, nice and clean.

Andy-R likes this.
  6. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Lets wait if lap count is forced or can be switched on/off.

But did I just not notice that we got the 918 picture on top of the forum until now or is it there since today?

7. insomnia

insomnia Racer

Nice! I hope Delta App will work on Touristenfahrten now :)

There have been changes in 1.8 but now it just freezes at T13.

8. Took some screenies :D

New leaderboard has the same options as the horizontal (so alternate mode, from leader etc.), and looks to be toggled with F9.

[​IMG]

Lap number on the top, doesn't show session time so not sure if there's an update from Luca's preview vid a while back. Didn't see it move or disappear, so not sure if it can be toggled or not.

[​IMG]

Overall I like it, they both looks clean and more consistent than the old stuff. Hopefully one day all the apps and UI can all look consistent and cohesive :)

9. ALB123

ALB123 Alien

It's gotta be new because I was just thinking the same exact thing.

Schnipp likes this.
  10. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

Great changelog, especially for sound and multiplayer. Still no Silverstone in it, but it keeps being edited though.

It is great to see some prevention added against wreckers, this will have great results.

Updated software plus lots of amazing content can't wait !

Finally a 917/30 ! Finally I'll be able to be onboard that car not only in my avatar lol

djtopa likes this.
  11. WallyM

WallyM Alien

Ah, as in TYRE_WEAR_RATE, perhaps.

Andy-R likes this.
  12. gutiserra

gutiserra Gamer

When it's going to come out?

ArcherNN likes this.
  13. Rigel

Rigel Alien

Soon™

In approximately 7 hours.

14. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

Here is what Aris just recently posted about 917/30 in FB

"The Porsche 917/30 is not a competitive race car. It is not a respectable adversary. It is not a mighty opponent.
    The Porsche 917/30 is a killer, full stop. And by killer I don’t mean a wolf hunting down some sheep. I don’t even mean a big white sharkchasing a seal or something. No, I mean a T-Rex unleashed upon a group of small mammals trapped in dead end with nowhere to go or escape. It is this kind of terrifying.

While the european motorsport series was strictly regulated in order achieve some kind of balance between competitors, on the other side of the world, the CanAm series placed no restrictions in terms of weight and displacement limits… Mix this rule freedom, with Porsche engineers and with feedback from someone like Mark Donohue famous for his thirst of power and speed, and the result couldn’t be different. While working on the development of the 917/30, the German Porsche engineers took an over 5 litres 12 cylinder turbocharged engine and managed to deliver well over 1100bhp in “safe” turbo boost… it could do more. Donohue comment when he was asked if the power was enough?
    “it will never have enough power until I can spin the wheels at the end of the straightaway in high gear.”
    And so the 917/30 was developed and unleashed into the unsuspecting CanAm field and devastated it.

The car is not easy to drive as you might suspect. Over 1100bhp at any time, for 800kg on a spyder from the early 70s… it will never going to be easy. On top of that, the configuration of the car doesn’t make things easier either. The enormous 430mm wide rear slicks are locked by a spool rear axle. It means there is no differential. The rear wheels are always locked 100% at all times. This creates quite noticeable coast understeer. You can work out some of it, through the setup, but I’m not so sure you should. You see, the spool rear axle is there to keep both tyres locked under acceleration and this theoretically should give better traction. It would, if you couldn’t spin both wheels at any time, on any gear… but you can blame Donohue for his request to the German Porsche engineers… they sure managed to make him happy, just. There is so much power, so much torque and so much turbo lag, it is very hard to keep traction. On the other hand the car has a short wheelbase and is almost wider than longer, so it’s not that easy to drift around either. So either you do a setup to make the car turn and then feed the accelerator with an egg under your foot… or you go for the opposite. You make a setup with as much traction as possible, become very patient on turn in and mid corner, and then unleash the beast (literally!) at the exit. It might not be the most enjoyable way to drive it, but it works laptime wise. Oh almost forgot. Remember to adjust your driving style as the car becomes lighter from fuel consumption. Before thinking it shouldn’t change that much, let me remind you that it has 400litres fuel tank. Four - hundred - litres.

The Porsche 917/30 won every single race but one, of the CanAm series in 1973; a series were excess was the norm.
    So no the 917/30 is not a legendary car. There no finesse in it, no adversary that reminds of it as a nice car to race against.
    The 917/30 is a killer. “The Can-Am Killer”."

DiesIrae, Trezoitao38, rycil and 32 others like this.
  15. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

Wat did you say Neo

[​IMG]

tell me more.

donShere and VinceSchulz like this.
  16. TaZ2k

TaZ2k Gamer

17. That is the Cayman GT4 that will be in PP2, the one today (that my post described) is the race version. (looking very forward to that street one though!)

sherpa25 and ALB123 like this.
  18. We're on page 178, how many will we be on when the DLC/Update drops? I'm guessing at least another 10 pages :p

19. matz_AUT

matz_AUT Hardcore Simmer

Is Silverstone Historic coming with todays 1.9 update?
    As Stefano has mentioned the free Panamera but not the track in his change log, maybe it is coming later?
    I mean, I'm a big boy, I can stand it, but ....maaaaamiiii

mister dog and Jaood like this.
  20. dodge33cymru

dodge33cymru Simracer

Edit: me being a muppet. Superb list!

Last edited: Oct 25, 2016