1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

The official "NEWS FROM THE SOCIAL NETWORKS" thread

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by AC Support, Aug 10, 2016.

1. Short clip of the RSR for those at work and whatnot:

pika4u, pablex13, Protoduct and 5 others like this.
  2. CaptainSlow

CaptainSlow Hardcore Simmer

Is there any xboxone pad users?
    rumble effect really weak or no effect when run straight like pcars...

나의 SM-G720N0 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

SalamanderSoldier likes this.
  3. Mr.Mugel

Mr.Mugel Alien

Well, that joy about Porsche was short. Driving that 991.2 Carrera 4S over the Tourist Nordschleife, enjoying it so far, parked it. What do I see? My 1654.10€ Chrono lap counter didn´t take the damn time. That thing is flat out broken. Ordered a 488 GTB instead, maybe they can serve quality... :D

4. ALB123

ALB123 Alien

I just came back here to ask if anyone has tried this yet. Adding 150 kg will slow down a car. This should definitely help balance a few cars. It's not gonna do miracles, but I still think it's a great addition.
    EDIT: Oh yeah....But how could we put ballast onto AI cars? Or can we only ballast our own cars? That's a head scratcher.

5. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Either I don' exactly get your point or it doesn't make sense as it is single player only. In MP it would be without ballast and therefore faster.

@ALB123 That's my point. We only have a ballast app and I guess that means it only for my car.

6. insomnia

insomnia Racer

Anyone else's tyres not locking up?

Solmyr likes this.
  7. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Cobra and GTA locked up as I tested those.

8. hman

hman Gamer

Yes that one of my issues right now

SalamanderSoldier likes this.
  9. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

The 918 on Nords is just mighty. And don't believe it to behave like a normal car! The things you can do with this machine, are just unbelievable!

But the sound mix between interior and exterior are just putting me off! It is this bad!
    KUNOS R U DEAF!
    D**n man!
    6, setzen!

Schnipp likes this.
  10. St3fan

St3fan Alien

Another least productive day at work for me :confused:
    All I want to do is pack up and go home.

pablex13, xedrox and Rigel like this.
  11. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

If you're talking about the old vintage Porsche (911 RSR, 935/78, 917/30), then you need to fully press the pedal at start in order to heat up the brakes... then start to modulate. Watch out with the moby dick, on long brake distances circuits like monza, you might need to push the brake bias to the front, because you might get the rear too good to the heat zone and lock them up before the fronts.

12. Rigel

Rigel Alien

Check your realism settings? I usually have them on factory, but somehow they reset on "off"

Same here, ZERO pages studied lol.

13. BrandonW77

BrandonW77 Alien

Well, I'm just guessing here, but those cars probably have similar engines to begin with so they're probably going to sound similar? They're all flat sixes, right?

(waits for Porsche experts to explain the differences)

DaveS78 likes this.
  14. Quffy

Quffy Alien

Search the 911 Carrera S onboard on youtube to see how it sounds. Youtube videos are compressed and isn't a fail proof for how video games sound, but you get the idea where the sound comes from. Doesn't RUF use a Porsche engine, and the rt12r isn't based on 911? RSR '74 doesn't remind me much of the yellowbird, but again, the ruf yellowbird uses a porsche engine from that era.

15. ALB123

ALB123 Alien

I just drove the Carrera S on Silverstone 1967 and thought it sounded really good!

Schnipp and nate like this.
  16. Seanspeed

Seanspeed Hardcore Simmer

I'm having some issues with this as well.

Certain cars everything is great. Others, it's pretty awful.

I've completely rebalanced the individual audio to accomodate as best I could, but I'm still getting some problems. Lotus Evora GTE off-throttle would go strangely quiet. Cayman 718 was seriously muted and also had extraordinarily loud wind noise compared to other cars. Also had quite a bit of crackling(and not the good kind!) with the Cayman.

I think one of the big problems I have at the moment is that the variance between different cars I'm trying are too great. I'm gonna have to adjust the individual audio settings each time I want to drive a certain car. And the Lotus Evora problem seemed like a bug of some sort.

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  17. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

So do all Porsche cars have brake temp simulation?

18. LChaves

LChaves Hardcore Simmer

Happy to report another FPS improvement.

As for the cars the Carrera is underpowered for the grip it has :p, unbelievable toy.

The 918 on the other hand... it just flies away, it feels like it accelerates faster than the LaFerrari and P1 (it certainly has monumental traction compared to them).

Happy to be rid of the white gloves too :D

Last edited: Oct 25, 2016
    AlleyViper likes this.
  19. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Guy, it's not about nitpicking the sound sample quality here!
    The internal/external mix is fault! Not to mention, the external soundsme. are not filtered through ear protection devices. The internals do sound that way.
    A long way to go Kunos. Well, since you have my, and others money now...;)

Great driving models, as expected!
    Poor sounding ones, as not expected, after fmod update!

So a 55pro/45 against rating from me.

20. Skybird

Skybird Alien

I just became a proud Season Pass owner - and already having a bad conscience again, for once again feeling like having ripped off Kunos...

:D