1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

The official "NEWS FROM THE SOCIAL NETWORKS" thread

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by AC Support, Aug 10, 2016.

1. iannixxenakis

iannixxenakis Hardcore Simmer

These sell for decent money now, guessing they didn't in the 70s/80s.

If only we'd known they'd be future classics.

I wonder what the best car investment would have been in terms of lowest price at some point in history vs highest price years later?

Other stuff you could have made a lot of money buying up in the 80s (and 90s), old valve guitar amps, and analogue synths (I bought a Moog Prodigy in 1995 for £140 from a music shop, and two Rhodes electric pianos, one for £150 and one for £200, they're worth a great deal more than that now everyone loves analogue gear).

TDS likes this.
  2. aphidgod

aphidgod Alien

Yeah, I've done well on my $75 Arp Odyssey and $150 SH-09. :)

If you had ~$25k to spend in the early '90s you could be quite wealthy today using synths. Go for the CS-80s and Arp 2600s. And every Synthi you can find! :D

Ricky Reject and iannixxenakis like this.
  3. iannixxenakis

I wish I still had my Moog.

I sold it for £150 in about 2001 as I was desparately trying to pay the rent.

Still got one Rhodes and I'm not selling that.

There is, or was, a shop in Doncaster I went to on tour in the mid 90s that was full of old valve amps, vintage guitars and keyboards (no synths really, mostly Hammonds and Wurlitzers etc).

The guy who ran it held on to old gear and bought more when it was cheap, then raked in the cash when the boom happened.

Re cars, my stepdad was offered an Aston Martin Lagonda in the 80s for very little money, but didn't go for it, doh!

He said you could pick up E-Types quite cheaply then too.

I remember a used Countach in a car garage near me when I was a kid (mid 80s) and that was selling for about £50K I think, even accounting for inflation I think that would be a great deal in today's prices. (The guy at the garage let me sit in it too, cherished memory).

TDS and aphidgod like this.
  4. aphidgod

aphidgod Alien

Ha... best cheap supercar story I have involves a murder-black Testarossa owned by Al Jourgensen of Ministry. My roommate at the time was from Texas, as was Al, and his sister called one day to tell us she'd seen the car for sale in the newspaper classifieds. (!) $33,500. One owner, albeit a rock star owner. If only. :)

Alexandr66 and iannixxenakis like this.
  5. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

in german we say "hätte hätte fahrradkette":confused:
    to be at the right place, right time, wallet full of money....:(

friend of mine collects opel - he and his brother own manta 400 and ascona 400, low km (<10.000), standard/all stock(? - in german unverbastetl, original), years ago they planned to sell them for ~5000€ each. now they are happy that they did not :p

6. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

7. Turk

Turk Alien

I wonder is this old car market going to last? The price increase on some cars over the past decade has been huge. It seems like it could be a bubble that will burst eventually.

There's probably going to be a lot of current cars that will become ultra rare in a decade or so because they're all getting crushed and broke down for parts. There's been a real push to get old cars off the road in Ireland, you don't see many cars over 10 years old on the road anymore.

8. AccAkut

AccAkut Alien

The multimillion vintage cars are being 100% rebuild/build new with the old VIN today, I doubt that bubble will burst anytime soon, much less with the possible all electric future luming at the horizon. Modern technology makes replicating and repairing only easier.

9. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

It was speculated 15 years ago if vintage cars were on a bubble, 10 years ago, 5 years ago, ...

Until now nothing burst, but I have to agree, the recenty 5-7 years are a bit crazy.

Although I doubt the bubble will burst before there will be
    a) technical issues (fuel regulations, missing spare parts, maintenance problems for which ever reasons)
    b) changes of laws which affect vintage cars, for now there hasn't been any, in fact in Germany vintage cars are even benefited in some regards (as long as it's not your only car for daily use) but you never know

Other than that I don't see the bubble bursting in the next couple of years.
    Until ~15 years ago vintage cars were mainly about passion of the owners for them, nowadays they are also more hyped, more common and then there's also image & value many see in them.

Just remember the whole Retro-phase on some modern cars (Mini, Fiat 500, Mustang to name a few) in the early to mid 2000's, along with more companies modifying vintage cars with modern technology to be reliable for daily use.

10. Turk

Turk Alien

At this stage there's so much money in the market that there's plenty of engineering companies producing knock off parts as good as the real thing. With CNC machines becoming so common place it's not as much of an issue getting parts made. Even Jay Leno has the ability to fabricate parts at this stage using 3d printers and CNC machines. So I wouldn't be too worried about a lack of parts.

It's the same in Ireland, once a car goes over a certain age it doesn't need to meet the same regulations as modern cars and even has lower tax.

I can understand ferrari's and the likes always increasing in value but now it seems like any old car will become valuable as they become more rare.

11. Last edited: Sep 26, 2017
  12. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Well, for high priced cars that might work ok because the owners usually can afford such parts, but looking at what some vintage car 'specialicists' ask for usual wear and replacement parts it can get quite into absurd prices if you have some more affordable models.

I.e. on my parents car the insulator of the spark plug sockets had minor cracks and had to be replaced, luckily we had some of those as spares and found a few online, but it looks like those aren't available anymore. If they'd fail again we might be in the need to find ones that fit the car but are from a different engine by trial and error.

Also the cylinder heads are alloys, those need to be maintained every ~10 years with new gaskets (not that common to find as well), but the heads themselves are likely to be in the need to be overhauled by experts without knowing if it's succesful or not, so it's possible you need to buy new ones or find some from a spare car.

There are 6 cars offered right now on the biggest online marketing place for Germany, ranging from 15-32k€, but I guess market value of a grade 2* (grade B) somewhere in the 20-25k€ range, so having custom parts specially made for several thousands isn't really a common way for such cars, that's maybe more of an option for >50k€ cars.

*grade 2 / B: technically flawless, little to no rust, but not pristine condition

13. BrandonW77

BrandonW77 Alien

Kinda sad to think what the future collector market will look like in 30-40 years. I doubt people are going to care about CarPlay/Pandora functionality or back row DVD players in a few decades, and there's a good chance half of the electronics gadgets/crap won't even work any more. Plus there's fewer and fewer people capable of working on and maintaining these modern cars which means not as many of them will survive. Plus a lot of people seem to look at cars as disposable appliances now so they're not going to be as likely to preserve them. It will just make the real pre-80's classics that much more valuable and rare.

14. iannixxenakis

15. iannixxenakis

16. iannixxenakis

17. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

18. ouvert

ouvert Alien

interview with Stefano abou upcomming pack and stuff ... well it is official track and it is free .. what not to love :)

19. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Good news for the players on console too.

Dookie and Mogster like this.
  20. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

All good. This leaves only one BIG question: where is @Aristotelis ?
    All due respect to Marco and Stefano, but they cannot drift a Lamborghini and Aris can.

chksix likes this.