1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic The ONLY PS4/XBox Assetto Corsa review you'll ever need!!!

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by breyzipp, Aug 27, 2016.

1. breyzipp

breyzipp Gamer

This is hands down one of the best (read: most honest) video reviews I've ever seen about a racing game or sim. Are you doubting to buy AC on PS4 or XBox One? This is THE review to watch! All honest issues both pro and con from a fellow sim racing enthousiast from Inside Sim Racing.

Kunos devs! Please watch this review as well, John from ISR brings up some valid working points for this fantastic sim racing game, just about everything he mentions that could be improved are things which I agree on completely!

link :

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Console Lounge Special event: Unusual Sound (PS4/Xbox) Aug 4, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Ps4/xbox interface Jul 15, 2015
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Track polishing for ps4/xboxone? Jun 4, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Assetto Corsa Evo Modding Support? Apr 4, 2024
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.10.1 hotfix update OUT NOW! Apr 4, 2024
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.10.0 update and Nürburgring 24hr DLC are OUT NOW! Apr 3, 2024
    Chit Chat Room Assetto corsa 2 Mar 26, 2024
    Console Lounge How to share clips to Assetto Corsa club Mar 17, 2024
    ACC General Discussions An official Assetto Corsa discord server please. (iracing, raceroom, and gt7 has one) Mar 16, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Assetto corsa competizione ps5 Mugello best track Mar 14, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting Assetto Corsa Competizione UE4-AC2 Game has crashed and will close. Feb 25, 2024
    Chit Chat Room Assetto Corsa 2 Silence Feb 22, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting Moving Game Files from One Drive to C:\Users\Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione Feb 19, 2024
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.9.8 hotfix update OUT NOW! Feb 1, 2024
    Bug reports Assetto Corsa Competizione PS5 Version 1.9.7 Wipers Bug Jan 29, 2024

3. djm99

djm99 Gamer

I am pleased to have watched this review. I am having huge difficulty with the game, but to see some decent driving on here shows me that fine driving is attainable.

4. It is a good review, it is just a shame that he (and most the people watching) doesn't understand at all why a tiny dev team can't do the things that a massive team like Turn10 can do. Still a good watch though.

Epistolarius and Tiago Lima like this.
  5. Tberg

Tberg Alien

Way too long a review for my taste, but points seems valid.
    Oh the irony of making a statement of your skills, then crash 15sec later :D

breyzipp likes this.
  6. michael_

michael_ Simracer

At the end of the day it doesn't matter does it?

If Michelangelo is a painter and decorator in your town competing with you, you can't say "Well, we're not as good as he is"
    Unless there's some other aspect to your service that justifies that - like you're cheaper etc.

I think this is something No Man's sky are just realising. Make it a $20 indie game great, pretend it's a $60 AAA title. Oops.

Don't get me wrong I think the PC version of assetto corsa is great, although I had a 50% coupon.

There really is no valid competition in terms of game polish and content on PC. They are all flawed and most are actually
    worse. They would probably all use the same reasoning for that.

It's nice to see honest reviews. I think the people that really need to watch this review are not Kunos, but the various
    Italian publications that I can only assume give AC high scores because they are Italian too. It makes it farcical
    looking at metacritic because it's so blatantly obvious.

Not Kunos fault, of course, I'm sure. But I wouldn't give these guys review copies because the practise can't do you any good as a developer.

breyzipp, kofotsjanne and TXC_IJOJOI like this.
  7. Jimster71

Jimster71 Rookie

The core of the game is solid. UI, performance and features need work. I'm sure Kunos will sort that out in time but reviewers can only review the game that is in front of them.

breyzipp likes this.
  8. $20 Indie game that has licensed Ferrari, Porsche, Lamborghini, BMW, Mclaren, Mercedes, etc, etc along with licensed laser scanned tracks and professional grade physics combined with world class FFB.....
    o_O

breyzipp likes this.
  9. breyzipp

breyzipp Gamer

I fully agree, for me Assetto Corsa is certainly not an indie game, it's right there up with the best racing games on consoles. And as someone already said elsewhere, the very core of the game, the racing and racing physics themselves are truly outstanding compared to the likes of Forza and Gran Turismo. Polish, UI improvements, button mapping improvements, checkered flag finishes, more cars and more tracks, multiplayer improvements etc. are all things that can be added over time in the future. But the core racing feeling is something that rarely changes in a game. Just look at Forza, they have basically copy/pasted the car behaviour from FM5 straight into FM6. In fact FM6 is nothing more than FM5 with more cars, more tracks, a new UI and leagues. And the overal racing feeling in Forza is way too much arcade. It's in fact nothing more than a difficult arcade game that looks like a sim.

Tomcul and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  10. plaid

plaid Alien

Yeah. 20-30€ would be ok.

Or release a demo, but I assume there are reasons why they didn't released one.

11. Brett Nagle

Brett Nagle Gamer

I haven't heard a negative thing about the physics on console. What worries me as a console owner and soon to be player of this game is the removal of features that are present in the PC version.

Console does not have the same setting options for wheels that PC has. They also removed the option to customize the grid and replaced it with a simple toggle feature. Physics aside those are the things that set AC apart from PCars and Forza. I wanted a racing game that I could set up my own custom races in an offline lobby without feeling restricted in what the game allowed.

I'm cool with a limit of 16 cars on the grid if I can choose what those 16 cars are. I don't care about day/night cycles or weather as much as others do. Not having the ability to customize the grid or the ability to map my controls to what I want on my wheel, or even see what my throttle, brake, or clutch inputs are is extremely disappointing and contradicts Kunos message that the game would not be dumbed down from console. Removing those features and options is doing exactly that.

I'm not jumping ship. I want AC to be the best racer on console. I really hope Kunos adds those features and options in for console players, because those things, along side the physics are what separates AC from PCars and Forza.

breyzipp likes this.