1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

The tyre version 5 thread

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by F430_458_F12, Oct 9, 2015.

1. ZethGAF

ZethGAF Simracer

Working as intended.

This has been discussed in several different places since the update, might try reading back a few pages - I'll post a link if I can find something. Basically the tyre temp mod now pulls numbers that are much more volatile from the tire surface I believe. You can get more detailed readings from the dev apps for the moment.

2. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

I just used the dev apps on a new install. It's the same results, temps raging around 20º on the same lap, and hardly going over 70ºC. I know I'm not the best, and definitely not the most agressive driver, but my skills should be enough to keep the tyres warm, which at the time they aren't.

Edit:
    I think I may have found the problem: I was not letting the tyres squeal when I braked because I thought that meant I was locking up, when actually after the update they lock up way after they start squealing, it seems. Therefore i was not braking hard enough for the tyres to heat up.
    Do you think that could be my issue?

Last edited: Oct 18, 2015
  3. Quffy

Quffy Alien

Naturally you can't keep the same tyre temps all over the track. It will vary in corners and straight road. The more tyres are turning, more heat is generated.

Video description:
    "Stock AP1 S2000 with JRZ single's and NT-01 tires. No aero. No power steering. MoTeC display & data acquisition system.
    Front: 0" toe, -2.2 degrees camber.
    Rear: 1/8" toe-in, -3.4 degrees camber.

Note: The two localized cold zones on the inside of each tire coincide with the tire's radial grooves. The IR sensors are fixed to the chassis and are reading the front surface temperature of each tire; therefore, interpret the tire data accordingly.

Realtime tire surface temperature measurements not only indicate whether a tire is operating within it's optimal temperature window, but arguably more important, accurately depict the load distribution at the tire's contact patch. Generally speaking, as the local pressure of the tires contact patch increases, so does the temperature (and vice versa). For example: the front tires of this car clearly need more negative camber, as much of the load is on the outside shoulder of the loaded front tire during heavy lateral loading. Measuring tire surface temperature is essential for tire exploitation and is why so many teams in the upper tiers of motorsport do so."

And here a video from F1 tire surface heat:

4. baboon

baboon Alien

The load under braking usually doesn't contribute enough to heat generation that it would make a big difference. Keep in mind the new tire model is still wip and will change with future updates :)

5. No not a flat spot, a puncture AKA flat tyre. :oops:

6. rycil

rycil Simracer

Is it possible now to have a puncture?

7. Kristaps

Kristaps Alien

8. kevje

kevje Racer

Yeah ive had a rear right tyre explode after a spin and then just to mess around i was flooring it to drive away. The tyre reached over 230c and it exploded, showing a full red tyre in the damage icon.

What confused me is how i got put straight back in the pits shortly after. It was in a practice session so thats not the end of the world, but if for some reason someone gets a blown tyre during a race its not realistic to do teleporting... :p

baboon and rycil like this.
  9. I do hate the teleporting thing in AC. I really think there should be an option to turn that crap off and everyone just drive to the bloody pits like a human beings, rather than going all Star Trek.

The graphical representation of puncture was to drop the wheel that got the puncture through the road to the rim level, which is ok I suppose, and it actually even felt like a puncture. I was little surpriced at first since never had one in AC, so took me a second to figure it out, but Kudos to Kunos, that is attempt of realism which is always the kind of progress I like to see.

10. ouvert

ouvert Alien

oh, in some older sims it was test of your inner zen .. crowling back to the pits for repairing puncture (after you lock and rear ended somebody or just had bad luck with contact) if it happened in first few corners .. but still the right way to do it :)

11. JackCY

JackCY Racer

Please no teleporting due to damage unless server admin sets it ON on their server.

Any tyre temp. apps that show correct values? I've tried the latest Danny Giusa's tyre temperatures 1.6.2, but compared to the suspension app that shows temperatures and suspension it was wildly different. Not just higher or lower but both at different times. Simply showed what might have been V4 data while suspension app showed V5 data...

kevje and ears1991 like this.
  12. Ben Lee

Ben Lee Alien

I tried the McLaren GT3 last night and for the first time, I encountered a driving scenario where I don't think it was "as good" as before. The FFB just didn't seem to give the same amount of information particularly when the rear end was coming around.

13. I have just completed another practice session @ Vallelunga Club in the Alfa Romeo 1600 GTA. This time I set the track conditions to Green, with a track grip of 93%, and an asphalt temperature of 17C. I also ran a control test again with the default optimum conditions. My best lap times were as follows.....

Optimum: 1:01.445
    Green: 1:02.473

So, the difference in lap times is evident. However, I was expecting the car to slide around a lot more with the Green track conditions, but that was not the case. I could detect subtle differences through corners, but that's all they were. This is not a criticism of the tyre model for the Alfa GTA. It is just an observation, and my (possibly naive) surprise at the relative stability of the car under these conditions.

14. The GTA is borked right now.

Kristaps and TheBoss like this.
  15. I have not seen confirmation of that from Kunos.

16. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

defo borked, it's a half-track

17. Luca Zari

Luca Zari Racer

Aris confirmed in Sodano streaming

18. Thanks, Luca. Is that the only car affected? The GT40 also has vintage tyres, and has been upgraded to the v5 tyre model.....

19. JackCY

JackCY Racer

GT40 was made on V5, GTA was updated. I'm sad to hear one of my favorite cars GTA is botched at the moment. Have not tried it yet with V5 but on V4 it was a handful.

20. Great to see that. I wish to know the caster and the tires pressure used.