1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

This sim brings back memories & feelings

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by buddhatree, Jun 17, 2019.

1. buddhatree

buddhatree Racer

Back in 2007 I bought my first sim and my first wheel: GTR2 and Logitech MOMO

I remember the feeling of driving those cars with a HUGE smile on my face. I couldn't believe there was a game like this; a real sim with a real-life racing series and rules. It was the most fun I had ever had on a computer. I would drive for hours and hours, completely losing track of time. It was magic.

Of course, over the next 12 years I got addicted to sim racing, buying all the titles and upgrading my computer and sim equipment, but I never got that feeling again with any sim. iRacing, AC, rFactor2, R3E, I love them all but I never got that "feeling" of sheer joy driving until now with ACC.

I feel like a new sim racer again just driving for hours with a HUGE smile on my face :D

Thank you for this wonderful sim.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room Kudos simulazioni Friday at 12:49 PM
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room [PC] Nordschleife Trophy | Thursday [SimRacing-GP.net] Apr 7, 2024
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Logitech G923 with Simucube Pedals Feb 26, 2024
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room [PC] Sixty Simthings Jan 31, 2024
    ACC General Discussions Aristotelis Vasilakos moves on to new adventures from Kunos Simulazioni Jan 12, 2024
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room [PC] GT3 - USA Sprints | Thursday [SimRacing-GP.net] Nov 7, 2023
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room [PC] GT4 - World Sprints | Thursday [SimRacing-GP.net] Oct 8, 2023
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room [PC] GT3 - Euro Sprints #2 | Thursday [SimRacing-GP.net] Sep 6, 2023
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room [PC] GT4 - Euro Sprints #2 | Thursday [SimRacing-GP.net] Aug 9, 2023
    ACC Controls & Peripherals No FFB from Simagic Alpha Mini Aug 5, 2023
    Chit Chat Room Virtual TechArt GTstreet R now available for racing simulation Assetto Corsa Jun 29, 2023
    Online Leagues / Championships room [SimRacing-GP.net] Pagani Zonda R - Sprint Series | Thursdays Jun 4, 2023
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room FDSR - Final Drive Sim Racing May 26, 2023
    ACC User Interface False Brake Bias value with SimHub Dashboard with new v1.9 cars May 13, 2023
    ACC Hardware Discussions Waiting for my Simjack Pro pedals, super hyped! Apr 25, 2023

3. Tundra

Tundra Hardcore Simmer

please stick to those feelings whenever you got wrecked. It´s much better than opening the chat box heheheh.
    kidding aside, I also find the fact that ACC only features a single series and a limited amount of tracks, much more appealing than I initially thought.
    It´s like you don´t have a billion of cars and tracks to master, track limits are official, and that helps people get more competent.

happy driving sir

david m and buddhatree like this.
  4. nrc689

nrc689 Simracer

I feel the same. I remember first GTR (2003) with Momo Racing. But i don't know how many people remember the first GTR cars mod: it was by the (unknown ) SIMBIN in the game F1 2000 by EA Sport. This had change everything.... And the young Kunos Stefano Casillo in Netkar (1999)?

dek likes this.
  5. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

i agree.. this sim sorta just works. like cooling down the wet tyres in puddles, the weather and numerous options. Other sims even the mighty rf2 doesnt do half as good - half as well. I love rf2 and yes I would say its my top sim but acc is what can be done when done properly. A modern sim following classic sims. ! Yes its not flawless but its getting there!

gunner1483 likes this.
  6. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

If we only consider sheer driving feeling of car RF2 and ACC are new TOP right now.

th3o likes this.
  7. p.g.49

p.g.49 Gamer

My first"sim"was Grand prix 3 or 4,and the control happened of course with an old good joystick..:D

dek likes this.
  8. Ducati

Ducati Rookie

It really is something special, I love the focus on one series.

Thank you Kunos for this simulation.

9. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

I hope Kunos after developing Blancpain GT series, they aquire WEC series licence and finally F1 gives the all rights to Kunos for the F1 2022 :D and F1 fans get proper sim they always deserved :)

A man can dream :)

10. buddhatree

buddhatree Racer

If Kunos makes a fully licensed, official WEC game, I'm retiring early and becoming full-time sim racer :)

pazzi008, kro, DiRTMark and 1 other person like this.
  11. th3o

th3o Hardcore Simmer

My first sim was Indycar 1 1993, loved it, came to adore the street circuits back then. Surfers Paradise and old Long Beach...yummie, memories :):)
    Had Grand Prix 1 at that time too but Indycars did it for me more.

pemigris, Coanda and bgil66 like this.
  12. nrc689

nrc689 Simracer

My first drive games (at home) was with first Playstation in 1996.. Colin MCrae 2.0 and Gran Turismo.

Max Doubt and DiRTMark like this.
  13. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

14. ChivasRx

ChivasRx Racer

Ah yes, good old Indycar Racing. What a great sim. I remember Milwaukee was a great track to run at. Have had everything since, and yes, ACC does have some magic going on.

15. Coanda

Coanda Alien

That was the 1st game I went online and raced against a friend. I think I only had 56k modem and we use to unpack and convert the car templates and repaint them in ms paint. Those were the days :D:cool:

16. nrc689

nrc689 Simracer

My first personal livery (template) was in Nascar by Papyrus!

Octane and Coanda like this.
  17. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

I want that to happen right now! i'll pay 120$ for each game no dlc included.

D.Jankovic likes this.
  18. Coanda

Coanda Alien

I'll see your $120 and raise you $120 for a full Aussie Supercars series :D:cool:

19. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

I don't watch that but i'm 100% sure people will buy a sim on that especially if KUNOS makes it.
    I'm more of a RSR fanboy so GTE takes first priority for me and i'll buy it in blink of an eye.
    RF2 RSR is pretty realistic as well so i'm buying that for now.

20. PLebre

PLebre Hardcore Simmer

You must remenber that ISI Sports Car GT was also modded by RSDG.
    Wow, the rfactorcentral is still open, good memory's, do you remember this one? https://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=Megane Trophy
    Was the 3D modeler, and it was a great experience, the guys were great.

Jack_NL, jc1993 and dek like this.
  21. The same for me, congratulations Kunos ! This sim is epic !