1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

XB1 Thrust master TX. No FFB, th8a sporadic!

Discussion in 'Steering wheels discussions' started by McDuff79, Aug 28, 2016.

1. McDuff79

McDuff79 Rookie

really really disappointed. Waited an age to get to play Assetto on the xbone. Got all giddy when I found the martini Alfa 155, took it out for a practice and boom.... No ffb from the Thrustmaster TX servo and no shifting from the th8a. Had a fumble around with settings and could get the gears to change if I let off the throttle, let revs drop, then shift. But there's no chance of it down shifting. So until I can find a fix I can't use the game at all :/

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Thrustmaster SF 1000 on TH-WX base no screen data Mar 18, 2024
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Thrustmaster ts-xw ffb on pc Feb 26, 2024
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Thrustmaster TH8S Aug 20, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Thrustmaster T-GT2 Jul 17, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions V1.9 Thrustmaster force feedback is coming back strongly Jun 27, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Thrustmaster update Jun 7, 2023
    ACC Hardware Discussions I've about given up on my Thrustmaster TX wheel ever being seen by ACC :( Jun 4, 2023
    Steering wheels discussions Thrustmaster TCLM May 11, 2023
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Thrustmaster T818 FFB issue Apr 28, 2023
    ACC Hardware Discussions Thrustmaster T818 Apr 9, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Private server crash / Thrustmaster wheel WORKAROUND Apr 4, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Thrustmaster Sf1000 Mar 27, 2023
    ACC Controls & Peripherals No FFB with my Thrustmaster TX-RW Feb 10, 2023
    ACC Controls & Peripherals how can i set up thrustmaster T80 Ferrari 488 wheels on Assetto Corsa? Dec 28, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Thrustmaster TX no longer working with ACC Dec 17, 2022

3. McDuff79

McDuff79 Rookie

Ok so I uninstalled the game, re-installed it and now I have some ffb, and I can shift up with the h shifter, but not down... I just get a bag full of neutrals!!! What gives?

4. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

Hello, do you press the clutch when shifting?
    You need to press the clutch and release the gas properly as in real cars, otherwise the gears won't engage and you'll only hear a grinding sound and the gearbox will remain in neutral. If you also have damage enabled, then everytime you grind the gears the damage accumulates and then you won't be able to change gears anymore.

Let us know what exactly happens so that we can either help you or identify a possible bug. Thanks!

5. Scallywag48

Scallywag48 Rookie

Hi,
    I'm having trouble setting up my Thrustmaster TX Racing Wheel Ferrari 458 Italia edition to work with the Assetto Corsa game on Xbox One. I know that the steering wheel works fine, I've tried it with F12016, Forza, Project Cars, to name just a few. I've tried going into the options for the controller and can see the 'steering wheel' option, but;
    a), can't get the steering wheel to work at all, none of the buttons etc
    b) can't even see that it is detecting the pedals I have.

Anyone who can offer any help? It looks like the ideal game to play with wheel and peddles, and it even says that my steering wheel is supported, but I can't seem to make it work!!!!!

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. boabmatic

boabmatic Hardcore Simmer

I had the same issue...
    To fix it I did a full restart of the xbox (not the quick shutdown) once it came back up the TX and TH8A shifter were working fine.

edit ->
    also make sure the control setting is set to the steering wheel. not sure if you need to do this before the shutdown , but it was when I did it.

McDuff79 likes this.
  7. Scallywag48

Scallywag48 Rookie

Many thanks, that has works!!!!!

McDuff79 likes this.
  8. boabmatic

boabmatic Hardcore Simmer

Cool... glad it worked for you

McDuff79 likes this.
  9. Nwg

Nwg Racer

Im not sure if this is the right place to put this but i will anyway, im having a similiar issue with the th8a shifter where i can upshift fine but not downshift properly. I dont have a clutch pedal yet so is it safe to assume that autoclutch doesnt work for the h shifter? If thats the case it kinda sucks because i dont have a 3 pedal setup yet, but i will if its necessary any answers would be appreciated.

10. McDuff79

McDuff79 Rookie

Hi there. Yes, I drive accordingly. I use the clutch as Mother Nature intended for shifting up and down the gears. I've never destroyed a gear box in any of my road cars, or my other play things, and I have never missed a gear change on the other console racing Sim. If I can shift up, I should be able to shift down too.

11. McDuff79

McDuff79 Rookie

I uninstalled the game once already, but I will have another try this evening using your tip duder and report back. Many thanks :)

12. Dsky91

Dsky91 Rookie

The problem with the TH8A shifter is that when it is used with the automatic clutch option (for those pedals which don't come with a clutch) it also doesn't work except when letting the revs drop down then shifting up. Down shifts don't seem to work at all. Do you have any plans to fix this?
    Setup - PS4, T300RS with standard pedal set and TH8A connected directly to the console