1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Thrustmaster T500RS settings

Discussion in 'PlayStation 4 Discussions' started by Rob Hughes, Jun 23, 2020.

1. Rob Hughes

Rob Hughes Rookie

Hi, Has anyone managed to get a Thrustmatser T500RS wheel working properly? No matter what I change the settings to, it's unusable. No dead spot at the centre whatsoever leading to sawing left and right down the straights. I've noticed when stationary, even when I set it to 1080 degrees, the in game wheel turns waaaay more than the T500 wheel in real life making it too twitchy and unrealistic.
    Any help would be appreciated or the game is going to have to go back not fit for purpose!

EDIT - seems after more investigation the in game rotation settings do absolutely nothing. I've manually adjusted the rotation setting of the wheel to closely match the game rotation but it's still utterly undriveable!!

Last edited: Jun 23, 2020

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room Thrustmaster Software + t500rs Nov 6, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Ps4 Thrustmaster t500rs working Jul 4, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Thrustmaster T500rs FFB issues on PS4 (non Pro). Jun 24, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions PS4 Pro Thrustmaster T500RS not working for ACC. Fixes? Jun 23, 2020
    ACC User Interface Thrustmaster t500rs D-Pad Jul 31, 2019
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Thrustmaster T500RS. Calibrates fine, doesn’t work in game! Apr 6, 2018
    PlayStation 4 Discussions Trouble getting a good feel with the Thrustmaster T500rs wheel Nov 6, 2016
    Steering wheels discussions Thrustmaster T500RS only has 90 degrees of lock Oct 14, 2016
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Thrustmaster T500RS straight line violent wobble Sep 4, 2016
    Steering wheels discussions Thrustmaster T500RS Reverse Gearbox Aug 29, 2016
    Steering wheels discussions Thrustmaster T500RS Wheel Jun 8, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Question to T500RS and other Thrustmaster wheel users. May 24, 2016
    Physics Bugs & Issues Thrustmaster T500RS D-Pad is not detected in settings Apr 30, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Thrustmaster T500RS left paddle shifter feels "numb" Mar 30, 2016
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Soft locks enabled and my thrustmaster t500rs Oct 9, 2015

3. David Foster

David Foster Rookie

Having the same issue. Managed to get it drive able but it's anything but relaxing having to fight the wheel to stay straight on the straights

Dogz226 likes this.
  4. David Foster

David Foster Rookie

Try the following.

Gain 40
    Min force 15%
    Dynamic dampening 100%
    Road effects 75
    Steering lock 720
    Steering linearity 1.00
    Brake game 1.00

That should help you until they look at a patch because it doesn't feel right on the t500rs.

5. j fool

j fool Rookie

6. Luq418

Luq418 Rookie

Same issue here

7. Joseph Adams

Joseph Adams Rookie

Any word on a fix yet?

8. Lecce-Thun

Lecce-Thun Rookie

Update 1.5.4 installed, but the T500RS has still the same problem.... (on PS4 [Pro])

Can you please fix that? It's roundabout 3 months I can't join the game I paid for...

I don't buy a FanatecWheel! Nobody telled that the T500RS will not be supported... it's such a good wheel!

(PS: The Thrustmaster T500RS is up to date and has the latest Firmware on it, Vers.47
    In all other RaceSim, Assetto Corsa, Project Cars 1 & 2, Dirt Rally Series, F1 and Gran Turismo Series the wheel works fine!!!)

Last edited: Sep 9, 2020
    richard_59 and J.Griff like this.
  9. Joseph Adams

Joseph Adams Rookie

Same here. Anyone else had desirable results?

10. richard_59

richard_59 Rookie

like everyone else, i was hoping for THE FIX from this patch - absolutely no difference at all. my t500 is still trying to kill me at every turn and every time i dare to exceed 200kph - total bs - when are they going to sort this out??

arcangelo74 and Jonny Medrala #7 like this.
  11. Kruffi87

Kruffi87 Rookie

Hi, race at ACC is so bad @ my T500RS. 1st it took one and a half month till I was checking that I have to connect the wheel to my ps4 when there is the "Start Game" Display. In all other games you should connect on ps4 main screen. When u do it that way u can't set the steering degrees. But even with that the FFB feels like it inverted and it want to push the wheel to left and right. And a car wants to drive straight to the front if I see it right. So it's terrible.

12. Joseph Adams

Joseph Adams Rookie

Latest patch release still leaves T500RS issues unresolved. :(

3n3rg0n83 and richard_59 like this.
  13. Kruffi87

Kruffi87 Rookie

Yes, for me the same. They said in Changelog they fixed FFB issues. But nothing changed. It feels so bad as before the update. I'm really pissed. I bought a game and can not use it with my wheel since the release. More and more publishers take our money for games who aren't really finished. It's a shame guys.

3n3rg0n83, Bainy70 and richard_59 like this.
  14. 3n3rg0n83

3n3rg0n83 Gamer

To be honest, it is such a shame. The same steering wheel is properly working with AC on the same console, so there is no point in stating that this is "not officially supported": either you are not good enough to get it working, either you get where the problem is and simply solve it.
    There are multiple reports of the same problems from multiple people, and there are some circuits I cannot even drive onto (e.g. Monza) since there are specific sections of the circuit where the car simply goes crazy with the steering wheel going left-right so quickly that at 200Km/h and more you go straight to the wall: if you are lucky enough, there is no car in the nearby.

I am at that point in time where I have few choices:
    1. Simply accepting that the game for me will be so bad like it is now, and keep playing like it is
    2. I will sell my copy
    From the same company that ported AC on console, that drives so good and smoothly, I had significantly different expectation that they simply missed.

15. richard_59

richard_59 Rookie

i'm not as lucky as you - mine is a digital copy so i can't even sell it, but i can't drive any circuit at all, and i have absolutely no hope that they are going to fix this, despite the 1000s of people who still love their t500, so acc just sits in my library, reminding me what an idiot i was to buy it in the expectation that they would support my wheel

16. I have a T500RS aswell and am using it since ACC release. True is, i constantly have FFB problems, which consist in stronger and more numb FFB. I usually have to close the game and reconnect the wheel several times until it calibrates correctly. ( Mine starts to calibrate, stops after 3 secs, and recalibrates again, weird but works)
    Always make sure it says T500rs Racing wheel in the Gamecontroller panel in Windows. Sometimes it just says " FFB wheel" and that most probably means that something is wrong.
    in my case im happy with the default settings in the Thrustmaster control panel. This means 60 % overall and 100% for the effects. In AC i fiddled a lot with these, but in ACC im very happy with how it feels out of the box. I go for 800° rotation and have it set in ACC the same way. TURN DYNAMIC DAMPING TO 0 %. This option is horrible for the t500rs imo. The rest is personal i would say, you can keep minimum force at 0 if possible, road effects pretty low or 0 aswell.
    And make sure you are using a USB 2.0 port

17. 3n3rg0n83

3n3rg0n83 Gamer

Thanks for this feedback, I would really give it a try to the setup that you are using. Would you mind to share a snapshot from the settings so that I can use it and see if I get any benefit?

In addition, any issue in tracks like Monza or Hungaroring?

Thanks indeed for your support on this of course

18. Joseph Adams

Joseph Adams Rookie

I'm beginning to think that this issue will never be stated, addressed or officially supported by AC.

My guess would be that it may have something to do with the T500 hardware being so dated. :(

19. Damian Boniek

Damian Boniek Rookie

Hi, man muss bei Advanced die Speed Sensitivity verändern. Ich habe bei mir auf 0.06 bei 400 Grad eingestellt und ich kann so wieder sehr gut fahren. Das ist aber nur meine erste Einstellung und ich muss noch genau tüfteln welchen Winkel und welche Speed Sensitivity zusammenpassen. Jedenfalls hat sich dadurch endlich was umgestellt bei meinem T500RS.. davor konnte ich einstellen was ich wollte es wurde nicht übernommen und ich konnte mein Lenkrad vielleicht mal gerade 20-45 Grad drehen bei ingame 180 Grad Drehung.

in english with Google Translator:
    Hi, you have to change the speed sensitivity with Advanced. I set myself to 0.06 at 400 degrees and I can drive very well again. But that's only my first setting and I still have to work out exactly which angle and which speed sensitivity go together. In any case, something has finally changed with my T500RS .. before that I could set what I wanted it was not adopted and I was able to turn my steering wheel maybe 20-45 degrees with an ingame 180 degree rotation.

I wish you a lot of fun driving ;)

Attached Files: