1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Twitter...STOP SPAMMING US!!!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by zim2323, Dec 27, 2013.

1. zim2323

zim2323 Rookie

I'm real close to unfollowing AC on Twitter. Is it just me or is anybody else sick and tired of seeing the endless RT's of the 12yr olds that have converted from GT5 on the console? I have to wade through nearly 30+ RT's from AC every day to find out there's absolutely NO valuable information there.

STOP SPAMMING US!!!

Thanks!

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Multiplayer Server log issue? please look. last update server is spamming huge logs Nov 27, 2018
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Ac keeps spamming my mail-box Aug 31, 2015
    Chit Chat Room A little bit of spamming in threads (i think) Sep 3, 2014
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Mismatch upon "joining" server + packet spamming Jun 22, 2014

3. So unfollow.....what's the problem?

4. zim2323

zim2323 Rookie

I told you what the problem is. I'm following to get valuable information if/when it's released not to have to sift through useless RT's. At this point I'm probably going to have to unfollow seeing as they have no idea how to use Twitter to advertise properly.

5. Ethan Dean

Ethan Dean Hardcore Simmer

The Twitter looks to be more of a method of directly communicating with the users. For announcements and news and such, you'd be better off following the Facebook.

Patrik Marek likes this.
  6. Skybird

Skybird Alien

I use Opera 12.16, with very tight settings. Firewall, AV, MBAM, and a sandbox. Limited or no scripts, no Java, strictly controlled cookies, always deleted when browser closes, adware and browser blocker, no automatic redirecting. No Twitter installed. No FB. No Google+. No social spyware of any type. Especially the Google Kraken I am very aware of. Sometimes I use TOR or a VPN.

It is funny, at least here in Germany people are very much up in arms over the NSA and GCHQ scandal, although it should have been clear thjat those able to do these things actually WILL do them. However, people voluntarily will to strip themselves much more at Twitter, FB, and all their oh so important social services (which btw the way are quite anti to social life), and many people do not take computer security that serious at all. NSA and GCHQ all nice and well to complain about - but Google does much more in breaching people's private sphere, and nobody complains.

Switch twitter off an unsubscribe, I recommend. FB and Google+ as well. ;)

7. @Ethan Dean Way too much common sense in your post, way too much.

@Skybird If the internet scares you that much just cancel your data plan, unplug the modem, and go back to 1980 FFS.

Just having an internet connection is taking a chance people could find things out about you....Being so scared of that fact to not use Twitter, Facebook, Youtube, Redtube, or Brazzers is weird to me....Maybe it's just because if people were to see my personal info they would quickly figure out that there is nothing of value there and to quickly move on but I just don't understand all of the fear, especially those people that are scared to death of Steam.

BMASTER and Obizzz like this.
  8. Obizzz

Obizzz Racer

It's far from the same thing. I think the real irony is all the measures you go through and NSA and the likes will still be spying on you ;)