1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Two Races without reversed grid

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Schnipp, Mar 22, 2017.

1. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Since we now have the option to run 2 races with (partially) reversed grids, could this option be expanded to have 1x Qualy with 2x races and the server admin can choose between 2nd race with qualy starting grid or 2nd race with race 1 result as starting grid.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Multiplayer CP races now useless without stewarding Apr 11, 2020
    Physics Bugs & Issues Special Event - win all races without drivin` Mar 31, 2017
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Gold medal endurance races Mar 25, 2024
    ACC Gameplay Missing cars in GT2 solo races Jan 26, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting [Need help] Monitors "turn off" during races. Nov 1, 2023
    Chit Chat Room Running ACS.EXE with Arguments for Custom Races Oct 19, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer Connection Lost Online Races Sep 16, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Crashes during races - Fatal error Sep 12, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer Recommended VM Performance for large grid races Aug 14, 2023
    ACC Hardware Discussions Recommended VM Performance for large grid races Aug 9, 2023
    ACC General Discussions Full AI support for your races Jun 20, 2023
    ACC Gameplay AI start wet races on dry tires then pit after 1st lap Apr 28, 2023
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room Question regarding legality of organizing paid-entry races and offering cash prizes in Assetto Corsa Apr 25, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer lost 40fps from 1.8 in online races. Apr 20, 2023
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues I keep getting kicked from races Apr 13, 2023

3. Mikado

Mikado Gamer

+1 Just 2 race in config file with different parameters would be great. And launched starts.^^
    1.13 is really a great update

4. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Yeah, two different length races would be another nice option.

5. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Did you try:
    Code:
    REVERSED_GRID_RACE_POSITIONS=1
    According to the documentation it's a valid value.

6. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

I was on a server, it said 10x2 so i thought it would be reverse grid. I finished 3rd and the race after i started 3rd. Was it a bug or is it possible for server admins to choose to not have reverse grid but also have a 2 race with the same starting as the previous finish?

confusing post, hopefully someone understand

7. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Not yet tried that Berniyh. It might work for the part of using race 1.
    Still, 2x races with qualy grid and different race length would be nice.

@kofotsjanne
    Don't know, there are different options available. All valid positions switched or only the first X players.

kofotsjanne likes this.
  8. Mikado

Mikado Gamer

REVERSED_GRID_RACE_POSITIONS=X (reverse X pole position, so 1 would inverse anything)
    REVERSED_GRID_RACE_POSITIONS=-1 (reverse whole grid)

9. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

@Mikado
    Do that mean it could have reversed people that came 5-6-7-8 and so on and not 1-2-3-4 for example? Because I started the next race the same position i finised the 1st

10. Mikado

Mikado Gamer

On a race with 10 car and parameter at 5, the 5 first will be inverted regarding the result of race 1 and the 5 last will be on grid regarding the qualifying.
    At least it's the way I unterstand it.
    On my 16 slot server with parameter to -1 it is write "Race x2: Reversed grid (TOP 16 )"

Sorry if I did a mistake in my english XD

11. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

12. Mikado

Mikado Gamer

Yes at the back, and inverted no? I go to read that trhead

13. 6S.Manu

6S.Manu I'm Awesome! Staff Member KS Dev Team

REVERSED_GRID_RACE_POSITIONS= 0 -> no 2nd race
    REVERSED_GRID_RACE_POSITIONS=1 -> reverse only first position, but 1 stay 1, so it's a 2nd race with grid based on the first race (have not tested it but the code should work this way)
    REVERSED_GRID_RACE_POSITIONS=X -> reverse TOP X positions (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 -> 5,4,3,2,1,6,7,8,9)
    REVERSED_GRID_RACE_POSITIONS=-1 -> reverse whole grid

14. much better than netkar pro! (haven't tried it yet though)
    [​IMG]

15. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Well, about my question that i finished 3rd and got to start 3rd. The answer was pretty easy, 3rd couldnt take any place if 1-5 got reverted..

16. Mikado

Mikado Gamer

lol indeed

kofotsjanne likes this.
  17. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Thanks, that answers most questions. One more though:
    For a 24 slot server, would X=24 and X=-1 really be the same?
    If all slots are taken, it surely would be.
    But what happens if only 10 slots are taken. Is #10 placed where the pole position is or at Pos 15 with the first 14 remaining empty?

18. 6S.Manu

6S.Manu I'm Awesome! Staff Member KS Dev Team

Same.
    Pole. It's a sorting function.

Berniyh likes this.
  19. manzes82

manzes82 Racer

@6S.Manu: what do you think about different race length?
    Most leagues are doing one sprint race and after that a long race with inverted grid. This option would help raceadmins a lot.

Thx

Mobil mit Xperia Z Ultra

DM2zzion and Schnipp like this.
  20. DM2zzion

DM2zzion Hardcore Simmer

This :)