1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

PS4 UDP app working with Assetto on PS4!!

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Donnced2, Feb 20, 2017.

1. A2J2

A2J2 Gamer

Cool I'm out after this - I give factual information to people get pointed and questioned over the post I really couldn't care any less I went to the effort of buying the app contacting the dev and getting a lengthy reply email with all the details I didn't come here looking to argue and to be honest the people that have remarked to my post are the one's looking to argue all I did was try and help someone who asked a question.

How about you ask yourself why you are still Here?

2. Jacky Chou

Jacky Chou Gamer

Is there any APP for IOS?

從我的iPhone使用Tapatalk 發送

3. Thanks for trying help and informing. But you misread the answer from the developer. He wrote clear that the issue is that kunos didn't implement oder deactivated the UDP feature on the Xbox version. Again the app works with other games.

That's really the last time I'm trying to explain the situation. It's NO Xbox issue. Pcars and F1 2016 send data to UDP apps and it works!! I really can't understand why you say it's not true.

4. onepueblo

onepueblo Simracer

Just a question, is there any app that take note of miles driven? I mean on PC and that eventually will go for PS4 in the future.
    Thanks

5. I'm not sure if assetto count or send the miles you driven with each car. Do you mean overall or per session?
    I didn't know a UDP app that measures the driven miles by itself so far.

onepueblo likes this.
  6. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

Just to help clear things up a little. I recall Stefano saying they were in contact with Sony regarding UDP but were having difficulties with Microsoft. Make of that what you will.

bradleyland likes this.
  7. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

That from Stefano was replied to my question about compatibility with UDP applications... And said that he thinked that with Microsoft there would be some burocratic problem... I didn't reply hi back about that, but i really can say that project C.A.R.S and F1 2016 on Microsoft are both compatible with UDP application... Project C.A.R.S realy has a lot of apps compatible.

So in the case of Assetto Corsa... The UDP applications compatibility on PS4 is quite limited and for Xbox One it's more a problem of Kunos than Microsoft... Otherwise The other games shouldn't have UDP compatibility.

George Bavaria, pippo10 and ZX636 like this.
  8. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Not that Ive seen at least.

onepueblo likes this.
  9. Jon Legg

Jon Legg Racer

Yes, AC dashboard works ok, crashes on my iPhoneSE occasionally. It doesn't show tyre temps, it does show when you've got dirty tyres though

10. Yes the dirty tyres graphic comes in handy if you have carpet in your pit box.:rolleyes:;)

11. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

I noticed that crew chief is working with AC too now on PC. Would be great if we could use that on console.

bradleyland likes this.
  12. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

Let's see if Kunos improve the transmission off the features through UDP and we will see more applications compatible like crew chief, or dashmeterpro (i really like this one...same app is compatible with Pcars (PC,Xbox One & PS4) and Assetto Corsa (PC). Or RS Dash (really good app also)

pippo10 likes this.
  13. It would be great if UDP support would be on Xbox available too.

Maybe kunos can ask SMS or codemaster how it work on Xbox. To say burocratic problem is no reason to me. Kunos decided to release the game on Xbox. So I think than whe deserve the same features if it's possible. To other developers proven that it's possible. So please kunos.

To me it seems that the Xbox developer didn't have the will to implement the UDP stream. So they say it's microsoft fault because they are to burocratic.

It's seems a fashion to say it's Microsoft's fault. Same with rejected updates. So if they didn't want add the feature. They should have the courage to say it. With such a answer I can live

14. bradleyland

bradleyland Hardcore Simmer

You're making accusations without any basis at all. Have you ever developed a piece of software? It is not uncommon for platform owners to require authorization for certain APIs. In the case of a gaming console, the platform owners are very strict about transmitting over the network, because it can cause disruptions to end-users' networks.

How about you give Kunos the benefit of the doubt here and accept that each platform has their own approval mechanisms, some of which are more involved than others? There's no need to imply that Kunos are being dishonest when we know for a fact (some of us develop software for a living) that platform owners require approval for certain APIs.

A2J2, pippo10 and kofotsjanne like this.
  15. Scuderia Paul

Scuderia Paul Hardcore Simmer

My phone holder, which is flexible and will clip to my wheel stand, finally arrived so today I got the Pro version of SimDashboard and have been setting up displays for Assetto Corsa and Project CARS. The difference between the data supported by these games is huge with Project CARS being a long way ahead of Assetto Corsa. Great fun though.

I nearly love the customisation as much as the immersion!

16. Yes, not bad that app, the dirty tyres is a bit daft.

17. Scuderia Paul

Yeah, that was certainly not used!

18. I give kunos more benefit than others here. I run a assetto corsa club on xbox with news feed and make there a time trial championship to keep the interest high on the game. So I do more than others here that people didn't play the game anymore.
    But that doesn't mean that I say everyhing is ok. Udp stream should be a must if you bring a simulation on the market. And that's possible have proven other devs not only codemasters and slightly mad studios. If I have the game on pc than I could write here too comments like some here. Whe have no saves on xbox whe have no leaderboards, laptimes are not recorded. So a udp app could make things easier.

ppbucko likes this.
  19. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

Lets hope we get some good news in the next update.

20. Scuderia Paul

I finalised my Assetto Corsa build for SimDashboard. ABS only there for the road-cars.

Screenshot_20170317-232056.png