1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Update 0.21

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by AC Support, Jul 18, 2014.

1. Maranello46

Maranello46 Racer

Reading your opinion, maybe your are more identified with RF2 than with Assetto, why are you looking for the same specs in Assetto if you can already find it in RF2?

Every game is going to have their own pros & cons, i wish a merge of all but is not going to be possible :(.

It´s sad to hear that from Assetto team, but it´s totally true. I would be very please to pay much more than 35 € for your efforts, because it´s totally worthy and you have to live from this nice job, but you chose the price (+ discounts), maybe looking for other sales approachment, at least I will add more money in yours next DLC.

2. and with threaded tyres is the same because the part of the tyre contacting the road, is the simply rubber and tarmac with dust in between, its just that slick tyres have more rubber touching the ground so more grip

3. Ray HT

Ray HT Simracer

Just played AC for the first time after this update and have lost 50fps !! , to be honest I preferred it the way is was before but I guess I`ll upset a few posters by saying this , that`s my opinion at the moment...
    And the 98T well its ok but not something I would get all excited about to be honest , I think the Seat is more fun to drive IMHO !!

TheBestBeast likes this.
  4. F2kSel

F2kSel Racer

Fps has gone from 150 to 100, I'm not seeing much of an improvement with the graphics that would justify the loss. No AI.
    Also I've had a few issues with setups, I had to try three of four times to save setups as they keep vanishing.
    Next day I came to play and my hud had vanished. I set it up again and restarted the game and it seems ok again now.

FX8120 likes this.
  5. FX8120

FX8120 Racer

same

6. check graphics settings, by default youll have some settings maxed out, that werent before, Effects tab

7. speeddrifter

speeddrifter Hardcore Simmer

Also for those who don't like the new HDR, open the post processing app, and select preset 1. Makes the lighting almost as it was pre patch.

For me (amd 6950) fps is pretty much the same as before patch, 63 fps locked with medium-high settings. When I go multiplayer I have to turn things down, as usual.
    For some reason fxaa got enabled after the patch here, remember to disable it to get rid of the blurryness.

8. Hangon

Hangon Gamer

I've just been running with no pp and been getting steady 60 fps,sometimes dips a few frames under,that's with vsync,without around 70-80ish ,af at 16'aa at 8 and 7680x1440,if I run pp on then 30-40 fps and even less with full grid...visual quality is good...maybe a little too much contrast but I can deal with that

9. hexagramme

hexagramme Racer

Very true mate, very true indeed.

I do identify more with rF2 because it suits my needs just a bit better than AC does at this point.
    The complexity of it is so much more rewarding for me.

The thing is, that I am becoming more and more hooked on AC for each day now.
    The graphics are wonderful. The driving experience has improved tremendously over the last few updates.
    It still doesn't feel quite as "deep" as I would like it to, but it's definitely getting there.

When Kunos suddenly throws in (albeit a very basic) dynamic track evolution feature, this opens AC up for me in a whole new way.
    We're all looking for that "perfect sim", even though it doesn't exist and won't ever exist. But man, AC really really does have some wild potential.

10. Maranello46

Maranello46 Racer

Every criticizes (in a good way) and thoughts have always to be very welcomed , because the perfection doesn´t exist, and everything has to be improved.

We will see what it comes, but they are working very hard and we are seeing already the improvements indeed.

11. Crunch

Crunch Racer

Basically AC is a somewhat ambitious title developed by a small team that may or may not have the staffing to pull off the features people want. The features that some people want may or may not make it into the game, but it will take a very long time to implement. Its not on the scale of say Project Cars, with its large development team, massive feature list, and gold deadline. It seems to be more of a "we'll see" type of development cycle, which there is no major rush. Patience is required.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2014
    Nekrobob likes this.
  12. Thanks for the update KUNOS - it's really cool to be able to stay on a server for more than one race without being kicked to the lobby. Big "thumbs up" for spending development time on that and listening to the community!

I'm just wondering about the new turbo keyboard shortcuts '1' to '0'. Is this not a bit of a waste of keys? Have you considered to use only two keys for increasing / decreasing the turbo setting? I remember that pressing '2' switched on the light in former versions. What is the new shortcut for turning on the light?

May I kindly ask for adding a possibility to get the currently used track settings (like temperature, dynamic track setting, etc.) and also the driving assist settings (autoclutch, traction control, etc.) from either python or shared memory?

13. WallyM

WallyM Alien

Ah, we've experienced this big drop in lap times from one session to the next, and you make me realize it's probably due to the randomness setting in the sever cfg. I had grip set to 100%, lap increase set to 0, but randomness was still 15. I assumed this meant the grip would always stay "topped out" at 100%, not potentially go from 100% in one race to 85% in the next.

14. Maximo44

Maximo44 Gamer

We got a wonderful new car in the latest update ... the Lotus 98t Formula 1 car.

We get consistant updates and there is alot of content being developed for AC as we speak.

AC is right in the middle of development and seems to be developing at a nice pace.

I purchased AC on a bit of a whim and i have to say i'm quite impressed how good this Sim is at such an early stage.

Ok, back to improving my laptimes at Silverstone in the slightly evil 98t...

15. JTS

JTS Gamer

Which Post Process preset is the highest quality setting?

16. plaid

plaid Alien

Just different filters, it isnt about high or low.

JTS likes this.
  17. F1Dave

F1Dave Racer

My perfect game would be rsetto corsa factor :)
    I love rfactor from the weather to the little things like the pit limiter button, and maybe some are right that maybe rfactor is more suited to my liking but every time I play it I say to myself rfactor is great but... it's not assetto corsa,

Not idea what we will end up with come the final build of ac but one thing I think would be a shame is that at the end of the development time it ends with the title "assetto corsa....great but could have been So much more"

Fully understand what the devs are saying let's face it no one wants to work for free but IF there is a lot of boxes left unchecked maybe they could ask for community donations to carry on developing, of course this would have to be fitting to their vision of the game,
    Cheers

18. Fahim

Fahim Racer

F1Dave. There is always Asetto Corsa 2. If the first game pulls in the money there will be other titles from Kunos.
    I'm just happy we have a Gran Turismo type game on the PC but in simulation.

19. magzire

magzire Alien

Not sure if this is mentioned before but the online rooms all say there full or empty. The full rooms showing are also empty. So no way for me to tell which rooms have the right amount of players.
    Any fix for this?

Hany likes this.
  20. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Devs are aware of the problem.