1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Update 0.8.5 - Official thread

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by AC Support, Apr 11, 2014.

1. yusupov

yusupov Alien

do you guys just know the sector names (if thats even the correct term) just from having watched races on those tracks before? always like how MH labels them in his vids, but i wish they were named in AC. just want to make sure i havent missed a feature.

2. Bailey

Bailey Alien

Those are corner names. There is a default app in the game. You might have to enable dev apps to see the app.
    ~Bailey

Majnu and yusupov like this.
  3. yusupov

yusupov Alien

awesome, thx! had dev apps enabled before the update but never saw that one.

4. It's called track description and it's about 3/4 of the way down the list.

Old Geezer likes this.
  5. AugGust

AugGust Racer

It's one of the special events. "A taste of the Ring". The best the AI could do was a 2:0:xx, and it was a BMW M3 GT2 that was stuck mid pack. My race leader from lap 1-4 was doing 2:0:xx to 2:2:xx

Why can your AI do 1:55's? o_O Is mine stuck at 90+% difficulty or something?

6. I forgot the special events even existed...LOL...

If you want a good race just use the quick race option...you pick your car, you pick the ai cars, you decide where you start and different car track combos results in varying experiences but more often than not they are pretty good and the first two or three are damn fast.

Old Geezer likes this.
  7. AugGust

AugGust Racer

I noticed that when watching the replay, I change TV cameras and the top says "Practice". Could that be why the AI is slow?

8. Skybird

Skybird Alien

AI 95%, Nürburgring, race weekend with 22 cars, 6 car types, me with a MP4 GT3, doing 20 laps race. I qualified for 8th rank, saw a start that the cars fought over in turn 1-4, and managed in first two rounds to make it to 4th position, and defending it. But from 6th lap on, the car felt more and more like moving on kind of grease, and I could not keep my pace. Cars behind me started to attack me, and in lap 8 I was 2 seconds slower than before, and in lap 9 I ended kn a sandtrap. I had forgotten to change from soft to mediums slicks! I entered the pits at the end of lap 9, had an improvised pitstop with tyre change, got mediums and went back on track, findkng myself on 19th place. In the remaining race, I picked up one by one the cars before me, with a field widely stretched, and ended the race on 10th. That was - with practice and qualif. each 15 minutes - good and solid racing fun of 70 minutes!

I also realised that regular pitstops are adding so much to immersion and drama - they should be added after release of 1.0 very soon, with priority, I would strongly recommend.

Old Geezer, RatFink63 and Wrongfire like this.
  9. Wrongfire

Wrongfire Hardcore Simmer

Tried running a race weekend last night, about halfway through qualifying I got game breaking lag.
    0-2 fps with 2-3 second hitches. No idea what caused it, never seen it before. It didn't stop, got CPU warning, and my whole computer was acting locked up. I had to force close the game with controlaltdelete.

10. sounds like something overheated but who knows?

11. Wrongfire

Wrongfire Hardcore Simmer

Yeah not sure, very random. Before the latest hotfix qualifying lagged bad because AI would stay in pits. But as far as I know the pits were empty and all the AI were out driving.
    Maybe something happened with steam? If internet connection cuts out would that cause that?

12. Bailey

Bailey Alien

The last time I have seen this recently was when the AIs tires when haywire while trying to respawn in the pits. Surely it must have been too many calculations or something. The next time it happens take a look at the replay and see if anything funny is going on with other cars.
    ~Bailey

Wrongfire likes this.
  13. Shouldn't...do the verify integrity of game files trick...it seems quick race works better than special events or race weekend for now.

14. Aceking

Aceking Racer

"A Taste of The Ring" Special Event is using a mixed grid of different cars/physics which isn't ideal for your fastest AI race. As you already know there are 4 AI strength levels > Easy:88%, Med:94%, Hard:98%, Alien:100%, so the Alien level is going to give you the best race challenge. :)

Last edited: Apr 16, 2014
  15. Aceking

Aceking Racer

Michael.....in my testing i discovered the FF on the app won't correctly show up in your replay even if you run it in real time but the brake and gas pedals work also the race position app don't work either in replays. I performed another test by which i recorded my race in "real-time" and all the apps show correctly in the replays with no impact on performance! I use Bandicam .:)

16. AugGust

AugGust Racer

It's at Alien difficulty and I passed the entire field in 4 laps without even trying hard :( That's what I mean by they're being too slow. However they were much faster in 0.8.5, that's what's puzzling me. A bug or something lowered the AI strength?

17. Aceking

Aceking Racer

I tested the race weekends with the Lotus,Evora-GTC using all the sessions at Imola, Nurburgring-GP and Vallelunga and the AI are decently fast in all sessions!

AI fastest lap times at 100% strength with 5 minute practice/qualify and 3 lap races: :) Note: I believe using longer sessions would have allowed for small increases in faster lap times!

Imola: Practice: 1:47.767, Qualify 1:47.961, Race: 1:50.998
    Nurburgring-Gp: Practice: 2:00.945, Qualify: 2:00.592, Race: 2:00.542
    Mugello: Practice: 1:50.766, Qualify 1:50.111, Race: 1:51.069

Note: At Vallelunga-Club using the Lotus,Evora-GTC i experienced a severe problem with the AI. They are driving only at pace speeds in practice and qualify and in the race session they are near normal speeds until they are in the middle of Turn 1 they hit an object on the tarmac that causes them severe problems and then they retire to the pits by their infamous "teleport" system. :(

Last edited: Apr 16, 2014
    Old Geezer likes this.
  18. Aceking

Aceking Racer

When i get some spare time i'll investigate this weird AI behavior to see if i also experience this!

19. sti228

sti228 Racer

Hi. Someone have the same problem with photomod pictures ? And some parametrs don't work for me. Bloor for example.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also today i mention that one track have bug

[​IMG]

Backmarker likes this.
  20. Bailey

Bailey Alien

It looks like you have a bit of oversteer :D
    The devs are aware of that bug.
    ~Bailey