1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Update 1.14 and RTR DLC impressions

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by pankykapus, May 18, 2017.

1. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Maybe you had some wind on? Just guessing. It is not enabled in Hotlap though

Chemenu likes this.
  2. Skybird

Skybird Alien

I have now spend 4-5 laps with every car on the various Kunos dewfault tracks, all in race practice mode with AI cars.

First impression with the AI is enormously positive. Have not done races and race starts, but in practice already it is clearly visible that with 5% AI diversity and aggression at 50 and 75, skill 88-90, the aI has made a very big step at the right direction. I have to admit that in past months I have lost faith there, it was so very long a wait. Tomorrow I will do some races and see what it is like then, but AI-AI situations are much more alive and brimming with action now. I expect to see more confirmation for the positive impression so far.

The cars mostly are pleasant to drive. Especially the Audis caught my attention, since Raceroom shares three of them. Usually, shared cars in both sims feel and drive very differently, I was stunned to realise how comporable and similiar the two TT Cup Audis drive in both sims, however, how pleasant and well-behaved they feel. These two I like especially well. They were two of my darlign cars in RR, and now are two of my darling cars in AC as well. I think they are ideal for public server MP and rookie drivers.

The Celica however left me wondering. Because you have the Celica in several rally simulations over the years, and if I had one complaint about for exmaple Richard Burns Rally, then that the cars felt so light, so "without mass", like tiny, light-weight toys,and so hyperagile. In Ac, the car feels not like that at all,but quite slow, heavy, unwilling to steer left and right, quite the opposite to what you are used to from rally games/sims. Is that due to the game engines differences, or is AC modelling another Celica car?

The Audi R8 LMS rides like some lightship on a laser beam, in TRON. Unbelievably smooth. I like it.

Very positive first impressions. This AI most likely will bring me back closer to AC again, after I drifted away from aC in the past 2, 3 months. Thanks! ;)

Ace Pumpkin and mms like this.
  3. nfsw55

nfsw55 Hardcore Simmer

Expected the Audi TT RS VLN to be a great car , but wow, that car is fast like hell, such a high amount of downforce, very nice to drive.
    Another nice addition is the ability to cover the endurance lights on the Porsche 911 GT3R and the Audi R8 LMS, good for more realistic skins:)

Does anybody know if the position display from the Audi TT Cup can also be used on other cars (or if modders can implement this for their modded cars)?

4. Yes

nfsw55 likes this.
  5. AlfaGunner

AlfaGunner Racer

A few 'Wind Socks' around the track would be good to see the direction:cool:

or an idea...the ingame advertising flags modded to indicate the wind direction )

6. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

The electronics tab is missing and so TC and ABS settings aren't loaded from setups. You always drive at the default settings for those two. Maybe that's the issue!?
    FYI, the dev's already know and it's likely fixed in the next hotfix.

Chemenu likes this.
  7. Arbuzzz

Arbuzzz Hardcore Simmer

From 0 to 100%, what does 0 and what does 100? Higher % means cuts "engine power" more?

8. Yes. (I would assume)
    Apply the changes and go test. It restricts the air in the upper RPM's so different percentages will likely affect different cars differently. You gotta test to see what combo of ballast/restrictor works for the BOP you are trying to achieve. There is no 'one size fits all' answer.

9. acespizee

acespizee Gamer

Loving the MC12, an event to drive flat out on the Ring', an amazing surprise. The balance is just delicious...:cool:

10. Chemenu

Chemenu Rookie

Thanks for the hint. Didn't think wind would make such a huge difference. There must have been a tornado around the Monza area. :D
    AC_911RSR_Monza_01.png

Yes, I noticed the missing tab, thanks. But that's not a big problem because I've got traction control mapped to one of the steering wheel buttons. ;)

hazardic likes this.
  11. Skybird

Skybird Alien

http://jalopnik.com/5958856/this-is-audis-insane-front-wheel-drive-tt-rs-racecar

"This car shouldn't exist." :D

nfsw55 likes this.
  12. Yeah at 2-3k RPM it sounds so agriculturally diesel, its fantastic!

St3fan likes this.
  13. is it just me or there are no more news on the launcher when it first opens? the video is the new one at least
    launcher.JPG

14. Tigerteeth

Tigerteeth Simracer

I spent an hour or so working through the special events with the new AI and I'm really impressed. The races feel much more alive with opponents attempting overtakes and making occasional mistakes.

Feel in love all over again with the Maserati 250f 6c. So much fun racing around Imola with opponents fighting for position and trying to maintain control on those skinny tires. I didn't win but I had a massive smile on face!

Looking forward to the weekend when I can spend some quality time with the Ready to Race DLC.

I'm not sure how you did it, but it's a brilliant update. Many thanks to all at Kunos for your passion and hard work.

15. Kristaps

Kristaps Alien

Btw Celica is 92' or 93'/94' spec?
    Judging by the tires size (width) and curb weight, I think it's the 92' spec:rolleyes:

16. Nekrobob

Nekrobob Hardcore Simmer

It`s an outstanding DLC,love all Cars so far.
    The Detail`s(VR) in the Audi R8 LMS 2016,Toyota TS040 Hybrid & Maserati MC12 GT1 (dat Sound!!) are fantastic.
    Only the "Pipe"animation(that thing which is connected to the Shifter) when you shift in the Maserati MC12 GT1,looks a bit "wrong".Whats the function of it?

Last edited: May 19, 2017
  17. baboon

baboon Alien

I was racing on a server, in Q it didn't work but I also didn't fully understand how often I could boost in a race. I could overboost (1.2 to 1.4bar) one time per lap but not all the laps of the race.

18. myimac

myimac Alien

It shows you the number of boosts available in the bottom right corner of the dashboard. White means available to use.
    Blue is in use.
    Red means you can't use until the time has passed.

There is no limit to how often you can use it other than time. However you are limited to the number of boosts you have for the whole race.

The led lights on the sides of the cars indicate how many boosts people have left. They flash when they are in use

19. pankykapus

pankykapus KS Dev Team Staff Member KS Dev Team

You're right an explanation is due:

The P2P is a slight overboost that gives some extra power to the engine for 10 seconds after pressing the button once (which is the same as your KERS button).
    The P2P count on the gear app and the digital display of the car will turn blue, along with the three LEDs behind the racing number on the windshield (visible from the front), plus the number on the panels on the two sides of the car start flashing.
    When the 10 seconds are over, it needs a 20-second cooldown period, during which the number is red on both the display and the gear app.
    After the cool-off (the number is white again), you are free to use the P2P again.
    Depending on your grid position in a race, the further back you start from, the more P2P you will have available.
    It is disabled in Qualifying and Hotlap sessions.

Don't expect much, though, it's not exactly Turbo Boost from Knight Rider, it gives approximately half a second per lap advantage on an average track.

EDIT: ninja'd

Last edited: May 19, 2017
    baboon, Luca Zari, Gevatter and 19 others like this.
  20. myimac

myimac Alien

I'm karate kid, you are Sensei.

I speak words, you speak wisdom :p