1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Vehicle Parts in Mirror

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Louizf, Jul 1, 2016.

1. Louizf

Louizf Racer

I would really like if we could see our own car on the mirror like in the images below.
    I think that since AC is growing each day and becoming a game that is so focused on details, we should have this as well.

Of course, being optional would be a must for people who dislike this.

[​IMG]

or

[​IMG]

Cheers! :D

EDIT: I just used the images as example, don't want sound like "other games have so I demand AC have too!". Maybe I should use real images instead.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2016

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Physics modding - Cars & Tyres Exporting AC PhsyX Data to Vehicle Dynamics programs? Oct 15, 2019
    ACC Gameplay [V1.0.8] Racelogic - Gap to Vehicle Behind Sep 17, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Real Life Vehicles have ACC ..... May 19, 2019
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Vehicle Reflections Apr 23, 2019
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Vehicle headlight effect problem Jan 22, 2019
    ACC Physics Vehicles power loss with T500RS Jan 17, 2019
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues white shimmers/ shimmering on and around vehicles Mar 14, 2018
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Thrustmaster F430 shaking, when vehicle is not moving Dec 24, 2017
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues vehicle power loss Sep 24, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Jaguar E-Type Zero - a classic car reimagined as an electric vehicle. Sep 14, 2017
    General modding discussion API request - set vehicle position when in Practice mode Jul 4, 2017
    Bug reports Have Season Pass, just got new update, new vehicles & track locked :( Jan 9, 2017
    General modding discussion Making a mod from a stock vehicle Dec 31, 2016
    Physics Bugs & Issues Base vehicle settings Nov 9, 2016
    Audio Bugs & Issues FMOD soundmods stopped working together when running multiple vehicles Sep 8, 2016

3. Tom 00

Tom 00 Simracer

This is a must in my book, just doesn't make sense when you realise you can't see your own car.

Mogster, John514 and MAUZERIS[LT] like this.
  4. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Racer

The same goes for using the look back in cockpit view.
    R3E then shows the back of the car, spoiler (and its position).

Louizf and MAUZERIS[LT] like this.
  5. djtopa

djtopa Hardcore Simmer

I never noticed this till now,damn.ahaha

6. Rift Racer

Rift Racer Alien

From one of Stefanos streams I think the answer was "not gonna happen" - it's possible, but too much of a performance hit IIRC.

Someone modders apparently have it on their cars.... not seen any personally though.

Edit: Thinking again, that might have been the response to fully 3D positional mirrors.

7. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

In reality you would see much less than in those pictures.

Since most people aren't enough aware of the cars around them already, no thanks.
    At least not in MP (virtual mirror and heliocorsa should be a requirement …).

8. Louizf

Louizf Racer

Yes I remember that question, to be honest I'm don't even know exactly what they were talking about but I almost sure that wasn't about this. :D

The Camaro GT3 "has" it. But it's fake, if you see a replay from another angle for example the part does not move on the mirror.

9. Stereo

Stereo Alien

That was about cars being reflected on the reflections as a whole I think. Like if you look at the hood of your car you don't see a car in front of you reflected.

Multiple mirrors, and adding visible objects to the mirrors, would definitely affect performance though. You sorta have to do both because from the current single mirror's perspective you'd see the rear window from every mirror.

10. Louizf

Louizf Racer

I use the virtual mirror as well in MP, but would be nice if the real one showed the correct parts, specially for replays and to check other player during qualify. I'm a sucker for replays in AC. :D

11. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

If you want more realism in OW, lower the position of your seat until you can barely see out of the thing.
    I'm doing it semi-realistically with a position in between and find it very annoying that approx. 70% of the time I can't see a thing (e.g. the opponents, the apex etc.) because that f**king steering wheel is in my way. :D

12. Mathieu Labbé

Mathieu Labbé Hardcore Simmer

That would definitely be an immersion boost, which is a weak part of AC IMO. As stated, should not appear in the virtual mirror cause, well, its virtual after all. But for other mirrors, that would be amazing.

13. mmaruda

mmaruda Rookie

People need to realize that the mirrors are picture in picture - that means basically another scene fully rendered within the current scene. Adding more visible stuff there will have a significant frame-rate impact. Take DCS Worlds for example - mirrors can still murder FPS even on beast machines.

14. Louizf

Louizf Racer

I'm sure that you would have the option to turn if off if this option ever shows up some day.:)

I play DCS World, you are right, on that game the mirror are framerate eaters. Although It's not the cockpit itseld that is so impacting in this case, it's the mirror distance and the huge map that would not be rendered if you were looking just straight ahead. Although, I would say it's worth using now. It got much better in the last versions.

I'm not comparing games but on other platforms, this features has no significant impact loss and I don't believe it would have on AC as well since it can do wonders already and have relatively smooth FPS for what it can show.

That's what I think anyway, only Kunos could say if it would be framerate caos like you say.:)
    I think it's more like "How much users would like this x Time to develop."

15. Mogster

Mogster Alien

Include it as an option, like the frame eating reflection settings...

Other games/sims have had this for years.

Epistolarius and Fanapryde like this.