1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

video in video

Discussion in 'Screens & Videos' started by Bob Peirce, Jan 4, 2022.

1. Bob Peirce

Bob Peirce Racer

I just saw a video that had my normal driver's eye view, but a car on track view in the lower corner. These were synched. You could see what the driver saw but also what a spectator would see. How did he do that?

2. Replays from different POVs?

3. Bob Peirce

Bob Peirce Racer

I get that but how does he combine them into one video?

4. Alistair McKinley

Alistair McKinley Hardcore Simmer

By using different layers/traces in your editing programme (like Magic Video Deluxe or Adobe Premiere or something like that).
    You can downsize one video and let it appear in front of the other video. (Sorry, but I'm lacking english vocab to explain it any better.)

The_Bad_Fasterd likes this.
  5. Bob Peirce

Bob Peirce Racer

I figured out how to do this using iMovie. However, the one video is about 1.5 sec behind the other and I don't know how to fix that yet. Still, it is very cool. I have the driver's eye video as the main video and the spectator's as the PIP.

6. Alistair McKinley

You have to sync both videos.
    I always look for shadows or I use flashlights which I see in cockpit view and in TV cams.
    Then, I mark these specific frames where the light or the shadow appears et voilĂ .
    It's best to think about synchronization before recording both video files.

7. Bob Peirce

Bob Peirce Racer

You are assuming much more knowledge than I have. I am trying to use iMovie on a Mac and I have PIP working. I do have the essentials, which shows gears and speed, and lap times, and I could find something that lines up here, but I can't actually figure out the steps needed to sync them!

8. Alistair McKinley

What I mean is: You search for a spot in the first recording (onboard cam for example) like a shadow or a shifting sound. Then you search for exact the same thing in your second recording (TV cam for example). Now you can mark the frames in iMovie and put both traces on top of each other in iMovie so that both frames which you marked are exactly on top of each other.
    (Sorry, my english skills let me down here. :oops: )

9. Bob Peirce

Bob Peirce Racer

I was able to do that but I couldn't drag them to line up. The clip on top was behind the one on the bottom and the bottom one seems to control the situation. I tried reversing the clips but then the wrong clip was in the PIP. Is there some way to cut a couple of second out of the slower clip? Then maybe I can make them line up.

10. Bob Peirce

Bob Peirce Racer

I used QuickTime to trim the PIP video a bit and got them to line up. I could probably do that in iMovie but I knew how to do it in QT and not in iMovie.

11. Bob Peirce

Bob Peirce Racer

Got it!

Alistair McKinley likes this.