1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

video recording software

Discussion in 'Screens & Videos' started by chilldog, May 13, 2014.

1. chilldog

chilldog Gamer

which video recording software is everyone using ?
    be nice if Assetto Corsa can be supported with shadow play :( hint hint

2. ov1diu

ov1diu Hardcore Simmer

Bandicam worked well for a while, but lately I've been having problems with it. I'll try again when I have the time, but it seems that if I record a replay it works well, but if I try to record live, the it's undriveable. Maybe it's something related to my current setup...

Shadow Play seemed to work a while back as well, but now it doesn't start recording...

3. barclay123

barclay123 Racer

I tryed fraps to record on my weak system and it recorded better than any game iv ever tryed no stutters nothing, video came out smooth, iv tryed rbr rally and was getting stutters and massive fps drops, only thing i wasnt getting in ac was the fps counter but the recordings were good, just the file seems massive for 5mins of recording

Sent from my GT-I8160 using Tapatalk 2

4. DxTory nuff said :)

5. chilldog

chilldog Gamer

thx lads but i got my shadow play to work now :D:D

6. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Shadowplay works fine for me. You need to be in full screen mode and unfortunatly it only encodes at 1080p max even though I am playing at 4k.

Patrik Marek and Anuj like this.
  7. CtrldKilla

CtrldKilla Rookie

I'm using PlayClaw at the moment, it works really well. I'm keen to get some custom camera's working so I can make something a little cinematic :)

8. Peter Burke

Peter Burke Racer

Fraps for me.

9. beingy

beingy Racer

the best is shadowplay

Anuj likes this.
  10. chilldog

chilldog Gamer

@ £35 they can keep it :(. shadowplay nothing total free to use :):):):D

11. chamda1

chamda1 Rookie

shadowplay

12. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Its not exactly free unless you stole your GFX card/s but I agree its great. Would like it to be able to actualy capture at "ingame" res when you select it. As "ingame" according to shadow play is 1080p max even if your playing at much higher res.

13. T'PAU

T'PAU Hardcore Simmer

Fraps in the past (maybe for some shorter videos again), today my first ShadowPlay-Video is uploaded to YT.

btw. why the hell YT takes ages for completing the video? Upload completed, "rework" (ger "Verarbeitung") finished over 2 hours ago. Still no thumbnails available and video shows only at 360p! :mad:
    Ok, video is 11:21 min, but this "reworking" shouldn't take that long!

edit: well, it's finally done! I better will not imagine how long it takes for longer videos...

Last edited: May 17, 2014
  14. I have Fraps and ShadowPlay. I only run one at a time, but I am noticing I can not use ShadowPlay online. It works great if I am in Practice, but as soon as I go Online into Multiplayer it gets a red line thru the Video indicator. Is that normal? Can I use Fraps Online? Thanks.

15. Bailey

Bailey Alien

I used to use Fraps years ago, but the file sizes of the videos where giving me headaches when editing them. I now use OBS (Open Broadcasting Software) because it has the capability of live streaming too. And with that capability I can compose my shots even when recording locally.
    ~Bailey

16. Jekay

Jekay Simracer

Dxtory all the way

17. marlo0081

marlo0081 Hardcore Simmer

shadow play set to high and then I use Handbrake to drop the quality a little bit... last video was 1.2Gb down to 441mb

18. Well today my ShadowPlay indicator does not show the line thru it, so I guess it was just a glitch.

19. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

also using shadow play .. it didn't work at one point .. because the hotkey to capture was F9 and in AC F9 does something, so it was conflicting and didn't work .. so I changed it to Alt+F9 and works flawlessly now :)

do you guys have some good setting for good image quality / small filesize? :)

20. Peter Burke

Peter Burke Racer

I have used FRAPS while racing online. Not a lot, but I don't recall any issues.