1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Volume slider for transmission please!

Discussion in 'XBox One Discussions' started by Speedster911, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Speedster911

Speedster911 Gamer

Kunos,

I love you guys!

I love your product - bar none the best physics I've experienced in any console driving game to date. I love the clean and crisp look of the game, and dear God - good job on the sounds of the cars!!!

My only complaint with the game is that the transmission whine is just abnormally loud in certain cars that don't have it in real life - like the LaFerrari, 599XX Evo, Huracan Performante and many others.

The motor and exhaust sounds are so brilliant but drowned out by the the high-pitched trans whine, which I find extremely unusual. In a striped-to-the-bone GT race car, the trans whine is loud but why these road cars with reasonable cockpit insulation? The 599XX-E is a track car I understand, but the trans does not whine like that in the actual car.

Please, oh please Kunos - I know you're very busy but please release a small update to include option for adjusting transmission volume. I'll buy all your fantastic products on PC and Xbox with eyes closed in future and regret not purchasing this masterpiece earlier.

Please consider this humble request. It's a genuine issue that's seriously affecting the gameplay/fun factor with some of the cars. It's a quick and easy fix - so please release a small patch for this, can you?

Any other way to let the developers know???

Last edited: Jan 21, 2020

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Suggestions bodywork volume slider or association Jun 1, 2016
    Suggestions Please add engine volume slider! Nov 7, 2014
    Sounds modding Same sound, different car, different volume? Why Feb 7, 2022
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Remapped master volume keys not working Dec 7, 2020
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Volumetric fog above "low" looks poor at dusk/dawn Nov 19, 2020
    ACC Audio 911 GT3R Transmission Volume in 6th Apr 19, 2020
    ACC Audio Increase Overall volume of the game Jun 19, 2019
    ACC User Interface Windows master volume control interfering with mouse position during replays Jun 9, 2019
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Volumetric Fog "Smoke Trail" Effect at Night Jun 8, 2019
    ACC Gameplay Race fuel volume consumption not OK! Apr 13, 2019
    ACC Audio Chase Camera Engine Sound volume issue Jan 21, 2019
    ACC Audio Lowering the Radio comms volume to 0 fixes my stuttering Oct 10, 2018
    Sounds modding Changing volume of gear shift sounds according to throttle Oct 31, 2017
    Physics Bugs & Issues 908LH - default fuel volume Oct 15, 2017
    Sounds modding Track Sound Volume Jul 26, 2017

3. Speedster911

Speedster911 Gamer

4. Speedster911

Speedster911 Gamer

Is no one playing this game anymore on Xbox One? Because I can't get enough.

Unfortunately, it kills the experience every time I have to hear that ear-piercing trans whine in cockpit view driving my favorite cars that don't whine like that in real life.

People, please add your thoughts so that the devs take notice. Thanks!