1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

VR - my initial thoughts

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by mike reynolds, Sep 15, 2017.

1. Turk

Turk Alien

I'm getting 90fps with my 1070, graphics are somewhere in the middle, SS@1.3. I don't think you lose out as much running lower graphics settings in VR because of the resolution. I was running races with 12 AI last night and didn't notice any slowdown.

I bumped the overclock up another notch so now the CPU is running at 4.8ghz. The temp is at 70c under load, I don't really know how hot I can let it get though. I'm only overclocking the turbo mode so it is down at 35c at idle.

2. HoiHman

HoiHman Simracer

VR is awesome, but on the bold part above i couldn't disagree with you more mate :D

The whole purpose of upgrading your rig is achieving better immersion. With VR everthing just feels a lot better.

I have been on the quest for creating the ultimate rig for years. Slowly upgrading every possible component. This process hasn't stopped after i upgraded to VR in may last year.

I already had DD wheel, HE pedals, 7 channel simvibe and a GS-4 seat. Since i have a rift, i have made numerous changes to my rig in the last 16 months and every single upgrade was money well spend.

In the last 15 months i have added:
    - SimWind
    - HE-shifter
    - a Big LFE as 8th simvibe channel
    - Motion ( next level motion v3 )
    - Centerconsole button box
    - New 3" racing harness
    - Build a couple of new rims for my AF ( eventhough you can't see them you can clearly feel the difference )
    - upgraded to a I7700K and a 1080Ti

The only thing that needs upgrading is the image quality in VR. I'm already running AC @S.S 2.2 pixel rate, but can't wait for the next generation HMD's. That's gonna be awesome

Right now you are probably blown away by the immersion factor that comes with racing in VR, I still find it awesome everytime i race, but in time the novelty wears off and you will find back the need to upgrade your rig.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2017