1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Walking around the car.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Snoopy, Mar 13, 2014.

1. Snoopy

Snoopy Alien

I really like they way you can walk around the car in Forza 5 and GT6 (photomode). It's great AC has "showroom" to explore the cars, too, but it feels more like of a 3d model viewer software because of the navigation mechanics. I think a fps-type walk around with options to open doors, boots, start the engine, sit in the seat would be so much more immersive, especially with occulus rift. Also just imagine walking out of the pit, hearing all the ambient sounds of the other pits and cars passing by, getting in your car, starting it and then setting of on a test day.
    I even enjoyed a full track walk of the nordschleife in GT6.
    It would make you feel the track and car a different way. Usually the camera is stuck to the car in a set position and you don't experience so many details of the environment and the cars.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Private server crash / Thrustmaster wheel WORKAROUND Apr 4, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions ACC 1.8 Workaround Fix Save Incidents Xbox PS5 Nov 4, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Crashes in League Races, only in Races around pit window Sep 1, 2022
    ACC Multiplayer I've everyday connection problem around 9pm US central time Jul 8, 2022
    ACC Virtual Reality DLSS puts an end to engines.ini workarounds. Nov 17, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions What GT3 Is The Best All Around Car? Apr 7, 2021
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds AC Causes Fatal Crash of PC at around 3 laps in every race Mar 25, 2021
    ACC Controls & Peripherals G920 very strong FFB [Logitech FFB loss workaround] Jan 30, 2021
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Troubleshooting - Workarounds Oct 16, 2020
    Chit Chat Room Mazda MX5 Miata NA around silverstone national circuit laptimes Sep 22, 2020
    ACC Hardware Discussions One track, nine cars, nine different rims : A lap around Zandvoort Jul 15, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Possible work around for frame rate issues Jun 24, 2020
    Chit Chat Room Can't post in Workarounds May 2, 2020
    General modding discussion Cars bounce around and shake RTB Apr 28, 2020
    ACC Virtual Reality WMR stutter around corners @ 90fps Apr 11, 2020

3. speedbee

speedbee Hardcore Simmer

You can actually walk on tracks in GT6?
    DAAAMN! that was one of my long standing top wish. I just might have to play the GT6 just for that.

I always wanted that for AC, but I never thought it would become a reality. Yeah, walking up to the car and getting in would indeed be awesome.

Walking around a track gives you such a different interspecies on the tracks, because for once you aren't flying around them at break-neck speeds, but at your regular pace. I think walking around it would really enable you to respect the car's performance much more.

4. mesa

mesa Hardcore Simmer

Use your [F5].

5. Robin_NL

Robin_NL Alien

You virtually walked 22kms?o_O

They'd better implement a bicycle in AC then lol.

Cheers
    Robin

6. Lazybug

Lazybug Simracer

Yeah i think i like to have that feature if i can walk or simply teleport to any part of the track to observe / examine the corner or something like that without really need to drive a car.
    But then i wonder if people will start asking for a better "walking" physic and real life cam movement when walking (view should move abit left right up down when walking) & may be people will start asking for running & related physic as well :D
    You know hardcore sim racer are very hard to please :D

7. speedbee

speedbee Hardcore Simmer

Well, I've been looking forward to a mod. Just an empty car, with no bodywork, 0 turning radius and walking speed..... I guess it's not the same, but it's the next best thing.

8. martcerv

martcerv Alien

I did suggest somewhere a while back if you retire in multiplayer you must walk back to the pits before you could drive anything else. More as an incentive to get people to finish using a 2 button combination for each step to make it a real pain in the ***. :D

Maybe you can also be armed with a helmet to try throw it at the guy that took you out.

Jebus likes this.
  9. Lazybug

Lazybug Simracer

You know i always have to stop / pause / retire in multiplayer whenever my father or bro asking for my help doing something & i never say something like: "No i playing online right now you go eat yourself" so punishment like that will never fair to me :rolleyes:

10. Fat Rich

Fat Rich Hardcore Simmer

To move your left foot use the clutch, right foot is the throttle. Size of step controlled by how far you push the pedals down, also allowing you to turn. Turn the steering wheel left and right in step with your feet to get up to a good walking pace and swing your arms. You'd be knackered by the time you got back to the pits! :D

11. Snoopy

Snoopy Alien

The walk speed in GT6 is quite a bit faster than a normal walk speed.

Robin_NL likes this.
  12. Lazybug

Lazybug Simracer

So AC also a walking simulator but then i wonder if the pedal set can stand the abuse if one decide to run instead of walk back to pits :D
    Put those joke aside i believe a FPS type of WSAD walking control + left shift for "run/sprint" is more than enough :cool:

13. Big Engine

Big Engine Simracer

The option to walk on track and box was in netkar pro!
    If I'm not wrong was called the DOOM mode

The Moose likes this.
  14. Robin_NL

Robin_NL Alien

More proof that the GT series is not a real sim at-all;)

Cheers
    Robin

15. Snoopy

Snoopy Alien

Yeah, try saying that in the gtplanet forum...

16. Jos_theboss

Jos_theboss Hardcore Simmer

Doom mode would be sweet, also taking place on any of the spectator seats would be great.

Or climbing into trees or signs monza style :)

17. plaid

plaid Alien

I would prefer a Hooverboard.

---

I hope modders can make it possible to start going out the garage where people work or wait, take a seat in the car, with animated pitstops inbetween and some celebration at the end.
    Anyway, probably will not happen. :D

18. Lazybug

Lazybug Simracer

Am sorry but I personally hate this "which game is more sim than other" type of comparison & really dont see the point. I never feel like i am more "high class" playing AC than those who play GT6 or Forza 5 & in fact i would like to play these 2 games too if there are available for PC.
    You know I play AC but i play NFS too, but then so what actually ?? :rolleyes:

19. Snoopy

Snoopy Alien

I play GT6, AC and loved The Run, so nothing really.

20. Lazybug

Lazybug Simracer

Pls dont think i offending you. Am not. Just type out whats on my mind about "not a real sim" comment.
    To me these all is just a game no matter how real it is, to me AC is just "more real" than GT6 & Forza 5 but it has many fake element too. So really no point to compare like that :cool:
    Anyway lets back to wish for a walk / sprint feature in AC :D

21. Wrongfire

Wrongfire Hardcore Simmer

As far as I understand, only the doors can open on these models, the engine, if they are modeled at all, are very low poly and low res. In order for this to work like in Forza, they would have to totally remake the car models.