1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Warn people about Customs charges on new merch

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Turk, Mar 25, 2024.

1. Turk

Turk Alien

I just received a message from customs that I have to pay an additional €10.71 of VAT and fees on the Tshirt I ordered.

I thought I was buying from an EU country, I paid in Euros but now I find it's being shipped from the UK and the price has gone up.

You need to put a warning up there for people from EU countries that there will be additional import duties and fees for anyone outside of the UK. Putting in the FAQ isn't really good enough.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Ive sended this bug already to support, but I want to warn you guys too. Nov 7, 2023
    ACC User Interface warnings and tyres type on times table Nov 3, 2023
    ACC Gameplay Track Warning DuringParade Lap Jul 7, 2022
    ACC Controls & Peripherals How to set warning indicators? Apr 27, 2022
    ACC User Interface Warning popup when changing the number of opponents Mar 29, 2022
    ACC Controls & Peripherals CSL DD - Warning: CPU Usage > 99% Mar 20, 2022
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes Incidents/track limits warnings from logs?? Feb 20, 2022
    ACC Gameplay Track limit warnings in wet races Dec 1, 2021
    ACC User Interface Warning CPU usage message when leaving pits Nov 24, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting broken warning and penalties system Oct 9, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting Misano warnings detection point too early Sep 10, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting CPU Usage warning ONLY when Speedlink DRIFI O.Z. is used [subpar CPU & potential driver issue] Jun 9, 2021
    ACC Tools Is there an app or simhub overlay that warns track limit violations? Apr 24, 2021
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Brands pit limiter warning Mar 26, 2021
    ACC User Interface No warnings for invalid setup Mar 8, 2021

3. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

Althoug I agree with you, it's probably all that's required legally.

4. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

As shipment is from UK, the company that is selling could chose for either register for IOSS - scheme on low value goods (150€ or less for business to consumer - B2C) which are also duty-free, or PDDP instead, for goods over the 150€.
    Either the IOSS or the PDDP would allow for using a "price you see is the price you pay", which is much clearer for the costumer.

After_Midnight and Turk like this.
  5. Turk

Turk Alien

Probably. Pretty disappointing though.

They should do something, it's kind of odd they went with the UK when it would mean extra charges for the majority of people, maybe they think the UK is where most merch would be sold? It's turned me off buying anything else and really soured the purchase of the Tshirt.

Gevatter likes this.
  6. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

UK sellers are some of those who are willing to adhere to schemes where the buyer knows upfront the total buying cost and with the convenience of doorstep delivery.
    There are UK shops selling goods for UE costumers showing at the store all taxes paid prices and adding at checkout only the delivery cost option, as usual.

Mogster likes this.
  7. Turk

Turk Alien

How do I get in contact with someone over the merch?

I assume I've paid double tax on my shirt? I would have paid UK tax and then had to pay Irish VAT on top of it.

I still haven't received it over this tax issue, the Irish customs website doesn't work properly, so I had to wait until today when I could get into a post office.

I don't see any way of contacting anyone through the website. I don't have twitter.

8. Turk

Turk Alien

I've gotten a refund on the order for the extra charges. It was apparently a mistake and there won't be charges on orders outside the UK.

chksix likes this.