1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Weekend Multiplay was ... BRILLIANT!!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Digital Aura, May 12, 2014.

1. geg

geg Gamer

Thank you KUNOS I had so much fun online.

2. denizen

denizen Racer

People get hounded for "complaining", or giving honest feedback on issues that really really need fixing but then people make threads and posts like this saying how amazing it is.

This is quite damaging imo and I hope the devs don't look too closely at this thread.

3. RelapseUK

RelapseUK Racer

I see only positive in here, is that bad?
    Every other post here mentions fixes and improvements that are still needed. How does this cloud any outstanding issues.

It must be quite refreshing to the devs to see some positive feedback for a change... IMHO

Eduardo Aguiar likes this.
  4. Digital Aura

Digital Aura Racer

Are you being serious?

We already know that they're dedicated to bringing excellence and polish to their work. This is a labour of love for this team. They've never shown us that they will be cutting corners or happy with average. Why would this thread be anything but inspiring?
    I could have said we need VoIP or a lobby that lets you change race settings on the fly, or suggested any number of improvements. Frankly, there are already plenty of those threads and my intent was to affirm to them that this definitely lived up to my high expectations considering the MP aspect seemed doomed for a spell there. I honestly expected all kinds of frustrating issues that plague alpha releases like Arma III, Simcity, BF4, etc. This team did NOT compromise when they were under pressure here to drop an update just because it was Friday. And most here have no problem giving credit where credit is due.

5. denizen

denizen Racer

Yes, there are threads addressing issues then you start one claiming the netcode is brilliant.

bril·liant
    adjective
    shining brightly; sparkling; glittering; lustrous: the brilliant lightsof the city.
    distinguished; illustrious: a brilliant performance by a youngpianist.
    having or showing great intelligence, talent, quality, etc.: abrilliant technician.
    strong and clear in tone; vivid; bright: brilliant blues and greens;the brilliant sound of the trumpets.
    splendid or magnificent: a brilliant social event.

Really?

6. Eduardo Aguiar

Eduardo Aguiar Hardcore Simmer

People complain too much about issues they must know could happen in this stage and this is damaging.

What OP did was give positive feedback and saying what MP actualy does well, at least what is working now.

Sorry but your opinion is selfish and short sighted.

7. denizen

denizen Racer

Exactly, it's in development!! Don't tell them the netcode is brilliant, it's not, you can't race as it is!

8. Digital Aura

Digital Aura Racer

yes, actually, "I" can race as it is. It was "my" opinion. Go make your own thread about how terrible and un-brilliant it is for "you". ;)

Paul Haworth and Eduardo Aguiar like this.
  9. denizen

denizen Racer

Great, so we just need a few hundred more Digital Aura's and KUNOS can end development!!

10. Digital Aura

Digital Aura Racer

LOL. Sorry man, I wasn't trying to say that the game is done as far as I'm concerned. That really isn't my intention. Kunos if you're reading this, then get back to work...there's lots more to be done. ;)

denizen likes this.
  11. AC Support

AC Support Official Support Staff Member KS Dev Team

denizen, enough please. If there's a thing that you can't complain, is that Kunos always listens to both good and bad/constructive critiques. Now, please, stop with your wrong statement. Thanks.

TCLF and rzr1 like this.
  12. RelapseUK

RelapseUK Racer

Actually, I have been monitoring net throughput to my dedicated server all weekend and even with 15 drivers fully populating it, the highest ping was 113. The server is running on a domestic 120/10 pipe. So yes I would like to say that the net code is brilliant.

If it's not for you then perhaps look at what is going on with your LAN or even you ISP's routing.

Coupled with the fact I was connecting to 3rd party servers whilst my dedi was running and wife and her friends browsing the net I had great pings...

The evidence, from my point of view, IS that the net code is Brilliant.

Look closer to home if you are having issues, it's always easier to blame the game.

Digital Aura and Eduardo Aguiar like this.
  13. denizen

denizen Racer

Yeah, no worries - I didn't mean KUNOS, I meant other people!!

My point was just to highlight the netcode isn't 'brilliant' at the moment and that AC is in development so we shouldn't give KUNOS the wrong feedback.

14. Schuberth

Schuberth Racer

thank god there are still people who says things as they are.

otherwise with your "no matter what gratitude anything" attitude they wont be able to improve anything and see mistakes. because you simply love anything?

seriously, how could you like this MP? have you not played any racing online before?

MP was out and it was bad, it was not fun to play. cars were all over the place, and it was laggy. i was thinking i would play lots and lots of time but i managed to do 4-5 races so far. total of maybe 2 hours gameplay. there have been strange crashes everytime i raced. and there were many bugs.

booking system is not good, hard to use, hard to join the servers.

yet.

there is a 10 years old technology called LFS that has better mp than the one we have right now. and i know kunos have been criticised before too about MP of NKP. thats the critical part they must improve. with people like you they cant.

15. RelapseUK

RelapseUK Racer

I'm guessing this was directed at me so allow me to retort.

Schubert: otherwise with your "no matter what gratitude anything" attitude they wont be able to improve anything and see mistakes. because you simply love anything?

Actually, no! I have had posted more than my fair share of critical posts and have tried to be as objective as I can. I speak from my own personal experiences whilst playing most of Saturday afternoon and Sunday afternoon.

Schubert: seriously, how could you like this MP? have you not played any racing online before?

In fact I have raced online before quite a great deal. Whilst the core game still exhibits fundamental issues, the underlying netcode is strong. Frankly, I find your tone quite offensive and very rude.

Schubert: MP was out and it was bad, it was not fun to play. cars were all over the place, and it was laggy. i was thinking i would play lots and lots of time but i managed to do 4-5 races so far. total of maybe 2 hours gameplay. there have been strange crashes everytime i raced. and there were many bugs.

Strange that none of your post history shows you reporting any of these bugs that are many in number. Laggy could be any number of issues, not to mention the hosted server being on week hardware or an overloaded pipe. I do not doubt that you had lag issues, many others have had some minor issues with lag. This was not my experience so, before you try to deride me perhaps explain to the devs in the MP Bugs section what your issues were, in detail with supporting evidence.

Schubert: booking system is not good, hard to use, hard to join the servers.

It was complicated for about 2 minutes until you figure it out... Like anything new.

Now I am not trying to start a flaming match here. As always, I am trying to be objective. No one is saying that there isn't issues. The Dev's won't stop working on the code because a few of us have had positive experiences. This thread actually started as a way of showing the devs that thy've done a great job with the netcode so far. You obviously cannot have read this thread from the beginning.

You sir, are not what I would call, a useful contributor to this community in any way. Most of what you post is derisory and not even well constructed.

You may respond if you wish but, I will not as it seems that someone with your online attitude deserves my lowest form of contempt.... My ignorance.

Digital Aura and Eduardo Aguiar like this.
  16. Schuberth

Schuberth Racer

such a sensible reply. at least i am showing what i am feeling, you are hiding cursing words behind those shakespare sentences. and you are afraid of even getting a reply.

i was not even adressing you, i was adressing the thread owner.

first of all, if you had actually looked at my posts you would see i made quite many bug reports, or at least posts. you dont need to open new topics to report bugs or you dont have to report an already reported bug. people are faster than me and i am grateful.

the mp we have now is bad, it has many issues, there is almost nothing to like in it other than the feeling of realism of the physics and graphics. nobody likes to wait 2-3 min before joining a race. nobody likes sitting and being have to ready to join just after booking time runs out not to miss the race start. nobody likes races or quals finishing without you do your lap. nobody likes strange lag crashes.

let me hit and run just like you did now.

sir due to the kind of attitude you might have put on the post you have just made which could either be purposely or not, i must apologise for myself as i have been now forced to ignore you.

wow, these kind of things do not really make sense.

Last edited: May 13, 2014
  17. denizen

denizen Racer

lol jog along...

18. denizen

denizen Racer

oh and just hosted 4 races in a row and every single race was full of track cutters ( then had to enforce rules ) and people overtaking by dive bombing and shunting people out of the way.

zzzzz

and it will ALWAYS be like this unless you race a private league

19. Digital Aura

Digital Aura Racer

derailed.

BTW, Relapse.. thanks for your help in the multiplay configuration thread. Nice to see some positive contributions in this forum!

20. rzr1

rzr1 Simracer

On the right servers MP works almost to good for an alpha.So briliant job.From my experience 75 % of the cases are peoples fault for joining server and dont look at the ping before..it`s like they dont give a **** or dont know what ping is ..i really dont know.However last 2 days i managed to find 90% ppl with under 100 ping on almost all servers i played but the first days everyone was joining any server and destroying others experience but i bet ppl were just eager to try it so it`s all okay :).
    Also the collision update made a huge diference in crashy public rooms so i`m really happy with that, great job :D.

If Kunos listens and i bet it does i would be intersted to know if we could get an improved rear view mirror. (F11) It`s a bit stretched in my opinion like a 4:3 image that has been transformed into 16:9.But the most important fact and i guess it has to do with the lightning of the game (hdr off here btw) is that sometimes the track behind you it`s just so white you barrely see anything whos behind.(overexposed)
    That`s my opinion so far :)
    Also with HDR on @ nurb when playing in the susnset before the final chicane when the sun shines in front of you the image goes so dark you can barelly see the braking point.So both hdr ON and off things could be polished a bit.Not to priority anyway and kind off topic i know lol

Last edited: May 13, 2014