1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Weight Transfer

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by phil, Dec 22, 2013.

1. phil

phil Alien

Hi Everyone,

i just feel like the F40, MC Laren have a strange performance when turning .If the rear wheels start to slide or if you want to make it slide , it´s impossible to keep it sliding ...It´s like the car turning on a "center pivot "

With the F458 and the E92 (street version) you can make it .......

Or is the "behavior" of this two cars is like this for real.... ? ;)

Observe the driving :

WallyM likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Physics Bugs & Issues Weight transfer when going sideways Mar 2, 2018
    Chit Chat Room BMW 1M, M3, M4 suspension, weight transfer Aug 3, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Go Faster - 4 Weight transfer part 1 at game&track YT channel May 8, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Go Faster - 3 Weight transfer prologue at game&track YT channel Apr 20, 2017
    Physics Bugs & Issues No Weight Transfer Feb 4, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Weight Transfer Feb 1, 2017
    Physics modding - Cars & Tyres Left to right weight distribution - can it be adjusted? Feb 22, 2021
    ACC Multiplayer Imola not listed in MP track weighting menu Nov 19, 2020
    ACC Physics Car Weight Balance Oct 29, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer About track weight Mar 31, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer All Weights to 0, Server Popularity 100 -> Quick Join Puts Me In Race With 1 Driver Jul 11, 2019
    ACC Physics GT3 cars weight. Jun 30, 2019
    ACC Multiplayer Server broser - Weights working inverted? May 13, 2019
    ACC Multiplayer Multiplayer server list weights don't work at all Apr 19, 2019
    ACC Physics Heavyweight AI cars deter close racing Oct 7, 2018

3. Robilon

Robilon Racer

phil likes this.
  4. phil

phil Alien

Back on the subject....

After 5 long days trying the make a hot lap at IMOLA with the F40 with the "street version" tyres....My best time was in ...59.xxx, in a very "stress , tence" behavior......This evening i´ve just put all the default value to 0

0VALUE.png

After that the car is much more easier to drive.......Slides are now more or less possible to control.......And the time is ...58.xxx

We learn everyday ;)

Tucker73 likes this.
  5. JocoG

JocoG Simracer

More camber and the car has more mechanical grip, but harder to control when pushed. I've actually increased the camber from default(my pb is a 57.9). I'll give zero a try tomorrow, thanks for sharing :)

6. ChrisR

ChrisR Alien

Zero camber will give a nice steady car in a straight line as there is as much tyre as possible touching the ground, but as the car turns and the tyres roll over and the inside will lift which means that there isnt as much tyre touching the ground as there should be. So the contact patch reduces and consiquently the grip reduces also.

The best way to setup camber for any car imo is set the camber to zero and do 10 laps, take a look at the temps across the tyre and you will probably find the inside of the tyres far cooler that the outside, now what you need to do is alter the camber (negativly) until all the tyres are as equal (across the tyre) as can be. Then you have a good basis to start from. After that can come tyre temps and then use that to get the heat you need in each tyre.

Deleted member 18758 likes this.
  7. WallyM

WallyM Alien

Yeah, there is no way I can drive the F40 like in the video. I just get masses of understeer on corner entry and then the rear just loops around with too much throttle, even with your suggested settings. I feel like I have to nurse this car around the track, not hammer it like in the video.

8. AC Support

AC Support Official Support Staff Member KS Dev Team

Practice makes perfect.

9. WallyM

WallyM Alien

Hmmmm... if I drove like that, I'm sure my back end would be looping around. I'll have to practice ;)

10. CTR69

CTR69 Racer

Harris has years of drifting experience, ofcourse he makes it look very easy. Start with E30 in drift spec on the drift course. Learning to drift is very worth it, especially if you're getting bored with hotlapping and want an extra challenge.

11. Kristaps

Kristaps Alien

U need fast rack to catch f40 like that. I watch replays and laugh how fast that virtual guy is turning wheel, I use 490' that poor dude is turning 1050+

12. Bill

Bill Gamer

There's a huge difference between sim and real life only for the simple fact that you have the motion feel in real life. I've spent years drifting in real life and am having a lot of trouble in sim just because I can't feel the car under me. However, I can attest to how accurate the physics are for it. It's just a damn pain relearning how to drift using nothing but steering and visual feedback.

13. phil

phil Alien

Another test this morning ............

bestlapf40_02.png
    Time at IMOLA: 1.57.688

Eduardo Aguiar likes this.
  14. @phil are you using old tires, new tires, or semi-slicks.....I want to drive the F40 so bad and would love to test with you if not using semi-slicks (those tires on this car just don't get along with me) but everytime I load up the sim I can't help but jump in the step 3 458....still I will make myself later..

edit: nevermind, I just seen your time at RSR...I can't hotlap this car because I just can't drive it on semi-slicks for some reason...it is awesome fun on the 90's tires and slightly neutered on the modern tires but it just won't do anything I ask of it on the semi's....I love this car but with hotlapping the only way to feed the competitive fire I can't just play around in it with tires that I know aren't going to put me anywhere on the leaderboard. (major first world problem right there, huh...lol)

Does the settings at zero only affect this car or do they help others also? And do you think this is a bug or working as designed? (I know nothing about setting up a car)

Last edited: Dec 26, 2013
    phil likes this.
  15. phil

phil Alien

Hi , good idea....But put your shotgun down, first ;) .........I use street tires normal ones, not the 90´s .....
    Yes the time you see on the RSR is with semi-slick.......But it´s more real with the street version.....

16. phil

phil Alien

@Kunos,

pure curiosity.........Have you planed to work on the F40 physics or not?

Last edited: Aug 4, 2014
  17. Big Engine

Big Engine Simracer

Really fun for me is the opposite. I can enjoy the car with street tyres, but if I really want to have control on it I need semi slick

18. (removed)

(removed) Guest

Weight transfer is something I have always struggled with in Sim's. Everything just feels so numb. To be fair Assetto is one of the better sim's to translate this, however like OP I never really got on with the Mclaren 12c. My theory is that what I am battling with is the active suspension/aero. Everything seems counter intuitive, then from what I have read/hear from real life, this is the character of the 12c.

phil likes this.
  19. Big Engine

Big Engine Simracer

My initial feel with that car was to totally hate it. Right now I'm starting to enjoy some rides with it cause I've understand that the nature of the car is to make you drive it in his own way. You must follow what the car is asking you to do, without having too many option on how to drive it in terms of braking and cornering. Is the opposite of how I feel the 458 that leaves you a lot of freedom (you can drive it very clean or go sideways at every corner). In fact I often end up driving them back to back on the same track

20. Shrubbo

Shrubbo Simracer

This is in fact the case and coincidentally I had a watershed moment on this subject just a few days ago. I have about 280 hours on AC and while I could drive the cars pretty fast I was only fast as long as I didn't let things get out of shape. I loved the McLaren but I was like many others and found if the back got out of shape it was about 2 snaps before I had a face full of armaco.

Something that I also had trouble with was drifting. I found the supplied drift track too small to learn on and then I found Skidpad. A big fat circle where I could stuff it up all I wanted. Played for a while but couldn't seem to get it so it slid by the wayside for a bit. (lol pun not intended but hey we will roll with it)

Link FYI Skidpad 0.3

I had a mate over the other night and he asked could I drift and I said no but loaded up Skidpad for the hell of it. I be damned but I got it almost straight away into a big drift that just kept going and going, lost it, got it going again and just kept it going. This was in the Shelby Cobra.

Link for the Cobra.

Like I said this was a watershed moment for me. All of a sudden I could do it. I then went racing. With a little practice I have found I can now drift the Cobra around the supplied drift track. I once thought it was too small, now it's great.

That leads me to the subject of this post. This skill I have finally gained translates to not just drifting but car control in general. To my absolute delight I found I can now drift anything it seems. Most notably the McLaren. What this means is if the back steps out on me now I don't seem to have any problem with it at all.

To be honest my biggest problem is drifting everything all the time when I should be going fast but to be honest I am still getting a serious kick out of drifter a Mclaren... it was once such a *****:)

TL/DR
    Get Skidpad, practice drifting, learn car control for a situation that would generally be bad if you don't have those skills. Worked great for me and I wish I had done it first up.

Nao and Big Engine like this.
  21. iVG

iVG Alien

Just because you can't do something means it's wrong and should be corrected. Maybe some more practice after all the tips said above? Maybe some videos and then some more practice?

TCLF, phil, McNappa and 1 other person like this.