1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

What a crying shame...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Parminio, Feb 11, 2017.

1. Parminio

Parminio Simracer

Just had a great race at Monza with a fellow driving a Porsche. The start was a mess as usual with about 15 cars piling up at T1 (Yes, it was a Minorating server AB). But after the T1 carnage, me and the Porsche went back and forth for 5 laps.

He'd screw up and I'd get him, then I'd screw up and he'd get me. Good, clean racing. It was a blast.

UNTIL

He had just got me into Parabolica and we're headed down the front straight with 2 laps to go and this happens:

What a damn shame.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Some thoughts about ACC (laughing or crying?) Jun 26, 2020
    ACC Screenshots & Videos Shame on you Toni Vera. Low Fuel Motorsport race in Spa Francorchamps Jun 18, 2022
    Console Lounge Kunos puts Codemasters to shame in the silence dept Sep 21, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Shame, not news about a dlc3... wait up! Dec 4, 2015
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Shame on you kunos Oct 20, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Ac #00 servers (please, no name and shame - send a pm to 6s.manu instead) Jun 10, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Wall Of Shame May 18, 2014

3. chakko

chakko Alien

Public server style. :p Happens even on AB servers, definitely.

4. Horus

Horus Alien

M0r0ns, they seem to do what they do without hindrance. Personally if I ran the server they would be banned for life, eternity, till the universe completely becomes part of entropy, or whichever came last.

Xenix, elchshooter, fbiehne and 5 others like this.
  5. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

Example of connection issues here. It wasn't on purpose. I think. Nissan clearly had high ping.

6. chakko

chakko Alien

Definitely looks pretty laggy in the video, so, could be. I was just racing with someone who had a ping of 56, and still was warping like mad.

7. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Even with high ping you should have seen that fast guys are approaching and not head towards the racing line.

gandlers, Horus and Parminio like this.
  8. flyingpig

flyingpig Hardcore Simmer

Sure looks like it was on purpose. Even given the visible glitching, he must have seen, or heard the bloody cars next to him. I`ve never been less than 100% paranoid when leaving the pits online, specifically due to not wanting anything like that happening, ever.

The other guy probably took a fair bit of damage too, so even waiting for him to rejoin and take his position again wouldn`t have mattered after that. Damn shame. Trading places even with one other guy lap after lap always is worth it`s weight in gold.

Christopher Low and Horus like this.
  9. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

Just for the record: The only AB-server you have visited is on a track called "simtraxx_transfagarasan_v0.8[tn-th]". Everything else was ABCN, despite what the server names tell :-/
    But yes anything can happen on AB servers as well, it's just a matter of probability.

AmorFati, fabT, Horus and 1 other person like this.
  10. Parminio

Parminio Simracer

I slowed and let him pass me before heading into Parabolica for the last time. I just couldn't in good conscience take the place from him.

11. Parminio

Parminio Simracer

Is there a way you can crack down on that? Like forbid them to host MR servers if not properly named?

12. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

If the Content Manager app allowed to filter the servers by their real MR grade, one could use that. I asked the author and he says a basic MR filter used to work and he doesn't know why it doesn't now.

13. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

Not easy. Basically a rebuild of the system, then maybe. I'm pretty angry here, but there's not much I can see what I can do.
    On the other hand no of your server advertised MR-AB. Most don't mention MR at all, just one Rennsimulanten-server had MR-ABC in the title and was ABCN.

True, thanks for note. I already forgot about that.

14. flyingpig

flyingpig Hardcore Simmer

You know you can`t fight him properly afterwards though, which is where the good times ended. You can give him the win, but the good fight is over... sadly.

15. chakko

chakko Alien

As we're at it, and the topic is the Rennsimulanten server... just got shot off by this guy, in a DTM race: http://media.lamborghini.com/EN/HOM...-final/s/8192c53e-0757-479a-b7a9-4f5a3dfb9ff8 No sorry, no wait. FU too. Thanks.

Usually not my style to call someone out publicly, but, i just feel like it right now. The guy deserves it, believe me.

Lol... i see now, he's the cousin of Kevin Magnussen. Well, still a d***head who deliberately shoots off people in racing games. If it's really him, of course.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2017
  16. Franc Pisek

Franc Pisek Gamer

Hi,

Why not let out "you're doing fine" for AB drivers and put real MR of the server in the message.
    At least you'd be warned to expect bad drivers too.

Bye, Franc

jc1993, Parminio and gandlers like this.
  17. gandlers

gandlers Hardcore Simmer

Good idea, I like it.
    It would ensure you know you are on a C, D or N server when you think you are on AB only.

Parminio likes this.
  18. Parminio

Parminio Simracer

That would work. You'd know before you even left the pits you're in a crap server and have the opportunity to leave.

It's clear that people are intentionally mislabeling their races. They want to attract the good, safe drivers but at the same time they can't stand only having 6 or 8 guys show up so they open it up to the wreckers and idiots so they get the numbers.

I wish MR was an officially sanctioned part of the online experience. Then they wouldn't have to put it in the server labels at all. They could just make another column in the page for MR. The rating is in that column, first thing. That way you could easily sort by rating and know that quite literally what you see is what you get.

Hagen likes this.
  19. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

I think it's not that relevant, Minolin did a statistic on the spread of regular drivers (800km+ total distance), >70% of those are A or B. So you don't really restrict that much with AB.

20. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

Just type in:
    /mr server
    and it will give you the information you are looking for. You have to type it in the chat on the server of course.

AmorFati and Minolin like this.
  21. Parminio

Parminio Simracer

According to the Minorating site, here are the numbers:

A & B ratings combined make up only 27% of all registered players.

C, D, N & W ratings make up the other 73% of players.

That means that you have literally only 1 chance in 4 of attracting an AB player to your server if there are 10 active servers. Unfortunately, that's not the case as according to the same stats there are 4,130 unique servers, so the odds go up rather astronomically at that point.

In the end, putting AB on your server description is the best way to attract the minority of decent drivers. They do this intentionally so that they "appear" to have credibility. Then of course they leave the barn door wide open for all the wreckers and idiots to come in to fill the grid up.

It works. They've suckered me from the beginning with that bull****. Now I know better.

It's just once again a shame that people are such complete tools that they have to lie and deceive people over a damned online racing game.

I weep for the future of mankind. I'm not kidding. I'm glad I wont be around to see it get much worse than it presently is.