1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

What are the steps to making a video

Discussion in 'Screens & Videos' started by DD_Friar, May 19, 2015.

1. DD_Friar

DD_Friar Simracer

Hello,
    I would like to try and make a video of my racing and was wondering how you do it.
    I know that first I run a race and then save the reply.
    But then if I use something like Fraps, how can I change camera positions. If I pause the replay, will Fraps not then have a section of no movement.

Any advice / pointers / Numpty guide guide much apprecaited.

Salute and regards
    Friar

BubbaZ likes this.
  2. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

with nvidia you can use shadowplay - part of the nvidia experience,
    but i'm not sure if there are any limitations about it , etc.

but to your problem,
    what people do is they use some editing software, where they recond various clips from various camera, and then just cut and asseble them into a longer movie

BubbaZ likes this.
  3. I prefer to record live from the cockpit whilst racing using nvidia shadowplay in HD. Recording the replays look like crap IMO. You can always edit the video with movie maker or something. Shadowplay requires nvidia Geforce experience if you use Nvidia hardware. You can check out some of mine in different qualities. You tube seems to make the quality worse is my opinion though. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuhHaePXW4902IAEluiwjrA

If you record your replays then the F keys change the camera view.

BubbaZ likes this.
  4. Peter Burke

Peter Burke Racer

I have used Fraps captures of replays so far. I don't like the issues with recording live. Besides I like to create a video as close to possible to real live broadcasts. This includes all available camera views and replays of the action. If I really want to make a week disappear I'll add commentary. This can be the most fun part as I love listening to all of those guys. That said, the GT5 video below took around 120 hours to complete not counting the creation of all the commentary wav files needed to make it. The AC video took less time, but it was 1/3 of the race distance.

This is an example of my Vegas timeline for the Suzuka Race in GT5. Lots going on there. I think I was just starting to lay down commentary files (circled in yellow).

[​IMG]

A non linear editing program is a must to make something good. I think even Window's Movie Maker works fine IIRC. I use Vegas Movie Studio. I capture multiple views of each driver I am interested in. Typically a video file for each view of each driver for the entire race. In GT5 I would use the total time clock to align these tracks. Unfortunately, AC doesn't have that; so aligning can be tricky. Add some graphics (since AC's leaderboard, timing and scoring are abysmal) then a slick intro, and you'll have a great video.

Last edited: May 19, 2015
    mistery, FX8120 and BubbaZ like this.
  5. FX8120

FX8120 Racer

nice jajaja nice

6. mistery

mistery Hardcore Simmer

I've dabbled in some winMovie Maker before to edit some stuff, enough to realize that this is one serious time sink. That said it is fun and aggravating at the same time.

Personally I find that onboard sim footage is as common as grass and sincerely drab at this point, unless footage is of serious action or the car is driven by top drivers. I always enjoy emptybox videos live recorded with his typical commentary. My voice and expression is nowhere near his, not to mention his so called "slow driving" so I can't do that.

What I really wish to do is cinematic replays with different camera angles but AC replay UI is quite clunky for this not to mention syncing different clips for proper continuity is a pain.

@Peter Burke threw some useful info in this thread and made interesting videos. Personally not a big fan of the commentary or the difficulty making it click with the video itself but I can appreciate all the work he put in there, very nice work. It also makes me want to.

Ideally I would aspire to something like jonzmovies does (youtube that if you are not familiar, you will NOT be disappointed) but it looks almost impossible to reproduce even a fragment of what he or they do.

Back OT, steps are as follows:
    ^The setup - unlock free camera for AC, instructions can be found on the forum
    - get familiar using the replay features with the F1-F7 buttons
    - get some decent replay footage
    - get ready to record your saved replays, i suggest upping your video settings before opening the replays, footage tends to turn out cringe worthy unless you see good details and AC eats less resources when running replays. get to know your videos, see where there is a lot of action and find good camera angles to record said action to fill between the usual shots
    -start recording stuff using Fraps/Bandicam/Shadowplay- I prefer Fraps as it is light and easy to use

^Edit the video in the program of your liking, I use windows movie maker because it's free and easy to use. The drawback is it's also very basic so you are missing out on some features found in Vegas or Adobe offerings.
    ^Once editing and exporting is done, upload your video to youtube
    ^ Final step is screaming at the screen, cursing the minds that saw it so fit for youtube to compress your video to the point where it looks nothing like the exported film. :D

Optional: decide between letting engines sing or some random artist. Then sit there cringing at most ingame car sounds ooooor sit there cringing at the commentaries which insist a car video is **** unless only the engine is doing the singing. I aim to combine the two somehow, yet to find the sweet spot to please the critics :p