1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

What do you think / feel about mods?

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Taylan Benker, Jan 8, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I believe ACC users appreciate realistic driving experience more than other apps. Thus i felt i would get less biased answer here than AC forum.

Personally i am not someone who like to mod (even normal) games a lot. In the past i add some texture mods, resolution upgrades mods etc in rpg games but tried to keep the main as vanila as possible. I have no clue how a mod can be created. my question might be making wrong assumptions because of that.

New Mods for AC are still frequently coming. As far as i understand, with their latest update AMS2, officially allowed modding, Youtubers have already been reviewing a bunch of them. I even see some mods for PC2 time to time. And i just wonder...

I can understand people's desire to be able to drive a car they like. Though in order to be able to replicate a realistic driving feel of the car modders need more that what is publicly available car specs. Modders and manufacturer need to make NDAs, serious amounts of payments etc to get the specs to simulate a car. Without them that car will be nothing more than the looks. The driving sensation will be just a a generic feel. This beats the purpose of "desire to drive that car".

An other thing i wonder is; unless you create a race just for the ones who have that mod, using some unofficial cars may ruin the balance of multiplayer race.

Modding communities definitely prolong the life cycle of the games that Devs of other genres may favor it a lot. I am not quite sure for sim Devs. Kunos enjoyed that prolonged life cycle for AC but did not allowed it for ACC and preferred a purest sim app approach. Now they work on AC2. I somehow feel that the apps like AC, AMS, PC will evolve in to some other genre, something in between sim arcade and pure sim and ACC and its future copycats will evolve into more hardcore sim genre.

So what are your opinions on that.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2022

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions (BUG/Glitch) Feels like having too much horsepower/no backwing ! Jul 5, 2023
    ACC Controls & Peripherals 1.9 & T300 - check here if you feel mushy ffb Apr 24, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Wheel feels light only when turning (Fanatec DD Pro + PS5) Apr 19, 2023
    ACC Hardware Discussions Flex Post sorry but it feels good. CPU upgrade. Dec 22, 2022
    ACC Physics Did ACC get robbed of FFB dynamic range & understeer feel in 1.8.12 update? Mar 30, 2022
    ACC Physics BMW 2018 GT4 leaving pit box, FFB on wheel feels grainy and engine cuts out after 1 second Mar 19, 2022
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Different FFB feel in a big grid Feb 13, 2022
    ACC Hardware Discussions Anyone feel the FFB in ACC is not as sharp as AC? Is Kunos aware of this? [Nope, never heard] Nov 10, 2021
    Steering wheels discussions G920 feels weak Sep 18, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting Meca Pedals feel 'wrong' Jun 30, 2021
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Feeling ffb Apr 7, 2021
    PlayStation 4 Discussions AC on PS4 Races feel slower than Hot laps Apr 2, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Feel of New 2020 Tire Model and Updated 18/19 Tire Model Jan 27, 2021
    ACC Controls & Peripherals I don't feel anything when changing gears Nov 25, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Feeling of FFB, have I found a sweet spot? Oct 22, 2020

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.