1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

What is wrong....

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by DrSmile, Oct 13, 2017.

1. DrSmile

DrSmile Racer

What is wrong in the videogame industry?

To my bad i had pre orderd forza 7 for pc. ultimate.
    To my bad i purchased pc2 for pc. standard.

So after a hard working week i came home today and just wanted to turn a few rounds in forza. Impossible cause constant crashes - the button i hitted most during the half hour to try to join a multiplayer game was the forza symbol on my desktop. Frustated i gave up.
    Ok, **** it and **** turn 10. Lets play pc2 - join nos trackday instantly. Wohoo finaly im able to drive a lambo diablo. Too bad it makes no difference if i go 5kmh or 200kmh. It always feels the same. Breaking is almost impossible. Want to leave the session - game crashed.
    Now im writing this text cause im ****ing pissed off by all of this bull****.

So what is wrong?
    Take FM7...absolute fantastic graphics, 700cars with tuning - the ultimate playground for every carnerd and what did they? They turned the hole game into some sort of full price Free 2 Play Grindfest - where the actual main focus is not to give their players a superb cargame - but infact a grindgame where in the end you should just say "**** it, here you have more real cash from me so i finally can drive my favorite car"
    Take PC2....in all aspects average. Praised as the ultimate drivingsim. The same scam they did when they where crowdfunding pc1...praised as the holy grail and deliverd in the end a broken product like fm7 is today.

Why the devs of these companys choosen this way? Why they didnt say we just make a nice racing game. Get all things in what is needed for a drivinggame and take the fruits of happy costumers.
    Why Turn10 has taken all elements out of their game which was made the franchise this great (fm3+fm4), and now released fm7 in a status which is early beta at best. Showing all players that the most concern they have now is not playabiltiy - no its their ingame cash economy. WTF

I know in the end its all about $ but why this spineless lying, false advertisement, empty promises, unfinished games, not properly tested games, etc.? In which school you get drilled to act and think that this is the "normal" relationship between a company and costumers? Are they all insane?

In the real world they would just go to jail for systematicly petrayal. Thiefs. Lowest grade of Thiefs. But here in the "virtual world" they buy themself more lyers (youtubers, gamer magazines) who are happy lying for them to make their empty bobble bigger.
    Why the thinking that you get more cash with lying, unfinished and and simply broken games and unhappy costumers then with doing your best to pleasure your costumers as hard as you can do?

I mean this a freaking videogames. Is this the true answer? Cause its not a "real" product and only kids are supposed to play videogames? They also belive in christmas...so lets fool em systemactly and take all of their pocketcash.

Am i the only one who is pissed of by these behavior of companys? Will their be a riot soon? Dont you think that way and just go with em? Are you willing to spend for every round you wanna play real cash like it was in the old arcarde halls?

But now you bring your own computer to the hall which in fact is your own house.
    First buy the Beta and test €120,-, then buy Nos €30 - Choose Nos in menu- €5,-, First buy Ferrari €30,- Choose a ferrari in menu €5,- - oh sorry you hit the rail - game over. Wanna try again?

So in the end the only racinggame i own which im fully happy with is assetto corsa.

Please Kunos stay as you are. Show them that their way is so wrong as it gets.

LChaves, AvGas, yixingz and 3 others like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Sum of intermediate times is wrong Apr 6, 2024
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars There ist something wrong with track location. Apr 4, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting Viewing wrong car following driver swap Feb 4, 2024
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues Wrong fuel usage values for GT2 cars Jan 25, 2024
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars McLaren 720S GT3 EVO -dashboard - TC and ABS wrong on startup Aug 10, 2023
    Physics Bugs & Issues Initial fuel per lap is wrong for McLaren EVO at Monza Jul 10, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer CP Servers - Wrong region Jun 1, 2023
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues Wrong fuel usage value for the new 720S GT3 Evo May 27, 2023
    ACC Gameplay Valencia AI use wrong lane in pit lane May 6, 2023
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues Wrong BB value with update to 1.9 Apr 28, 2023
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Wrong angle on the side mirrors compared to real life Mar 31, 2023
    ACC Gameplay Career saved game JSON too large and lap time wrong after loading samed game or restart the match Mar 24, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Triple screen View Settings have no effect. [Wrong executable command active] Oct 29, 2022
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Wrong windshield stickers Oct 12, 2022
    ACC Physics Indianapolis - potentially wrong tyres in wet Oct 12, 2022

3. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

I guess you didnt catch the console release of AC. Pretty much as broken as any other game release nowdays.

4. Horus

Horus Alien

BREATH! Inhale... Exhale...

[​IMG]

P.S. Software houses have been doing this for decades, I can remember Spectrum 48K games not working at release, keycodes not working, 5 minutes of BEEEEE BIP BEEEEEEEEEE GRRR GRRR GRRR GRR BIP BEEEEEEEEEEE BIP.... for the game to fail.

coret3x, AvGas, AccAkut and 4 others like this.
  5. Chazz Ranger

Chazz Ranger Alien

Oh god, NO! I had almost completely forgotten about the horrific AC Console Release. The sadness... the trauma... the Console Forum...
    For the sake of our own sanity, we must never speak of it again.
    #triggered

Schnipp, Horus and mms like this.
  6. jaxx_za

jaxx_za Hardcore Simmer

I suspect that both FM7 and PC2 were rushed to release to preempt GT Sport. While not ideal, as long as the developers continue to support and fix the issues I'm willing to overlook a buggy release. Reason being is that in some cases it allows the devs to start generating revenue a little earlier, which I'm sure helps towards the the feasibility of some titles.

If we gave the gaming community in general a choice of between having SW released with some bugs 6 months in advance (while the devs continue to work on the issues), or waiting 6 months for the complete title - I think most will choose the former. Everyone loves an early sneak peak.

With regards to Kunos - I have seen what they are capable of. Even if the next title is released as a buggy mess on PC, I would still purchase on release and patiently wait for the patches - I think of it as being part of the beta release team.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Horus likes this.
  7. Tberg

Tberg Alien

If you wanna get fooled, you're going to.

mms and Horus like this.
  8. Art-J

Art-J Gamer

I'm the one who waits between 6 months and a year to buy any PC title nowadays. Saves me lots of frustration, and usually some money as well. But maybe I'm just old and tired of aforementioned BS :D.

Solmyr, Cote Dazur, mms and 1 other person like this.
  9. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

The problem is that people still preorder and buy on release without waiting for reviews.

There is no more need to do that, Steam will not run out of copies. If there is a preorder bonus, there are two possibilities. Either the dev/pub withholds content from you indefinitly for not jumping into cold water. In that case, there is no reason to trust the dev/pub on their promises nad/or business practices. If the bonus content is made available later, there is no more incentive to preorder. The developer/publisher sees how many copies have already been sold and paid for long before the product releases, so they can anticipate if they can afford to release the game unfinished and still keep good revenue despite bad reviews on launch.

It will still take some time for consumer to realize that they won't receive quality products if they don't withhold their money long enough. As long as people are willing to buy products untested and unreviewed, it's easy money for the devs. All that said, the sales figures and player count on Steam for PC2 for example seem to suggest that a lot of people who were disappointed by PC1 were at least cauteous (10600 player on launch fpr PC1, 6700 players on launch for PC2 according to http://steamcharts.com/cmp/244210,234630,378860#All). Do the sales figures include refunded items, does anybody here know that?

mms and Horus like this.
  10. Tberg

Tberg Alien

No, sales are sales. Would be shooting your own foot to make refunds official. "Look how many times people didn't like the product!".

11. AvGas

AvGas Gamer

Have had pcars 2 for a couple weeks now, has never worked properly from the get-go. I look at my steam library when I feel like going for a drive and can't be bothered to spool up pcars 1 even though it's still installed (yay new hdd), F1 2017 got reset somehow and now I can't get the steering linearity/saturation thing balanced, and car does not feel like it did even last week. Only reason I went in there was to see Sainz in the Renault, but cannot even get that far. Got fed up and reinstalled all my codies f1's, have been having a blast in f1 2012, sort of...Basically I'm agreeing with you in that last night I just threw up my hands and said F*** it, got into AC and away I went. Literally the most problem free game I have ever had, and though it does not have the shine and polish of the others, just works. Ferrari FXX K testing at LeMans was effortless and satisfying.

12. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Vote with your wallet. Buy games that work. Don't pre-order.

13. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Yeah, but isn't that more an open beta rather then retail release?