1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

What is your thundering PB?

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Rehooja, Oct 8, 2018.

1. Rehooja

Rehooja Simracer

So as the title playfully asks: What is your PB in thunderstorm weather?

I did a 2:18.009 with the default wet config. Missed a lot of apexes but after doing like 10 laps or so I became more confident on getting harder on the gas. Just don't do too fast corner entry or you will do a glorious slide into the wall :D It's so much fun to try to keep the car straight. See for yourself:

Practice in thunderstorm
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/320017118

Race against AI in medium rain: (start at 10:00)
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/320356627

Soon Bentley GT3 and Misano and VR. Can't wait!

Last edited: Oct 9, 2018
  2. mantasisg

mantasisg Racer

Just did 2'17'898, was pretty difficult with all the stuttering, restarted few times seemed like FFB was differently damped each time, and stuttering was different each time too. A week ago had better performance.

Could we add heavy rain ? I did 2'05'758.

Interesting thing, I noticed that some days storm is the most entertaining, but there are also days when you perhaps aren't at your best, then heavy rain is more entertaining :D I actually did notice that with goodwood wet mod already, some days it was just the most fun, and some other days it used to be just too much. Interesting.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2018
  3. BEsnake

BEsnake Racer

not realy tried that much but 2:21:2 (any faster and it wants to aquaplane off on the straights for me)
    heavy rain 2:07:8 in a race vs ai (i like to race em more in heavy rain more fun then in the dry) maybe i just keep an eye on em more in the rain then in the dry

4. Rehooja

Rehooja Simracer

Definitely have to try the heavy rain too. See and feel the difference in handling

5. mantasisg

mantasisg Racer

You didn't try it yet !? It is very different, more than 10 seconds difference in laptime, aquaplaning is much bigger issue.

Few weird things about storm conditions comparing to heavy rain:
    • In storm FFB is much lighter, I suppose it might be a bit lighter due to much less adhesion, but it seems to be constantly lighter, and quite a lot lighter. Also seems like it sometimes has different weight launching the sessions.
    • Visually Heavy rain is nicer. I understand that storm is supposed to be flooded with thick water level everywhere, so it is kool, but the way water looks seems somehow not right. Also it is very dark in such conditions, kinda weird looks. In general AC has always been very dark in cloudy weathers, it is not wrong, but it is not always so dark, it is not unusual that thick storm clouds doesn't shut down the lighting so heavily:
      [​IMG]

6. Rehooja

Rehooja Simracer

The lighting depends a lot on time of day, season, the cloud layer density and the intensity of rain that is falling. In the image you posted you can clearly see that there is a storm front ahead but the sky is scatter behind the photographer that allows sun to shine through.

Few weeks ago we had a day here that looked just like the thunderstorm weather in ACC. I was pretty surprised on how similar it looked. Not saying your any wrong though. The thunderstorm weather in ACC could surely benefit from a lot of variation in lighting and density.

mantasisg likes this.
  7. mantasisg

mantasisg Racer

Yes it really would, as you say it depends a lot on time of day and season (sun position), as well as how clouds are positioned and structured. Anyway it is not so unusual that storms are happening and ambient is still rather light and colorful, and it is best scenario. I wonder how dynamic weather would look. I just like colors :D

It could be better to open up other thread instead of going off topic here.

Rehooja likes this.
  8. Rehooja

Rehooja Simracer

Will just have to wait what Kunos have up their sleeves... Can't wait to run those endurance races with dynamic weather, time progression, pitstops and driver swaps!

D.Jankovic likes this.
  9. mantasisg

mantasisg Racer

Check Lambo at Nurburgring in Storm. Pace is similar but...

1. Track is different, car freaks out at exit of T3 with smallest acceleration, weird. Really really bad hydroplaning at T11 braking, which is kool I guess, but really dangerous.
    2. Lambo is a bit different now.
    3. FFB is a bit boring back to AC yaw angle FFB, simply much less sensations.
    4. The exits of curves feels less dramatic now, much tamed. Perhaps combination of slightly different physics, FFB, car physics, IDK... it is not the same. In R1 I really loved wobbles on power, added a lot to the sense of speed, used to feel like in a rocket exiting T4.
    5. Slightly more challenging braking. IDK if it is kool or not.
    6. Very pronounced FFB feel of understeer, also have no idea if it is kool, or is it there just because requests..
    7. Much more pronounced tire hitting water sounds, lovely.

[​IMG]

10. fabT

fabT Alien

I noticed as well strong "aquaplaning" zones ( rivers? ) at about T4 entry and slightly before T11 braking zone.

Both worse than v0.1, it can be the track or the car though.

Feels a tad overdone, especially T4 since a sudden complete loss of grip seems to happen at very low speed there.

Aquaplaning may happen also on final straight and between T6 and T8, but it's perfectly fine and manageable there.

I'm not actually sure, but maybe TC/ABS settings for default wet setup have changed on v0.2.
    Lambo indeed feels a little different and much more understeery if you ask me ( sometimes i feel like i've slicks at front now ).
    For sure brake bias seems different...

Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
  11. mantasisg

mantasisg Racer

Yes there wre quite some changes in Lambo. They are written in changelog. But to me it is completely different.

Strong aquaplaning zones is definitely a track thing. T11 might be actually collecting a deep puddle, feels almost like if it would lift whole car for a moment, drivers must know how it is. T4 exit definitely feels broken, you pretty much have to coast through there, as car just wildly snaps to the left with even very little acceleration...

12. Rehooja

Rehooja Simracer

I really like those aquaplaning spots. Puts up a special challenge on the track :) Specially the T11 brakingzone.