1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

What kind of online would you like in ACC?

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by mkotechno, Oct 6, 2018.

?

What kind of online you prefer?

1. Server browser based (AC / PC2)

21 vote(s)
    39.6%
  2. Hourly / daily events based (GTS)

17 vote(s)
    32.1%
  3. Weekly events based (IR)

15 vote(s)
    28.3%
  1. mkotechno

mkotechno Simracer

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Troubleshooting Any kind of frame limiter or VSYNC will cause ACC to crash, but image is unstable without it Jul 4, 2023
    Chit Chat Room Kind of new to AC, I have a question about RSR... Aug 14, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Spectator mode works! Kind of.. Oct 9, 2020
    ACC Gameplay Pitting in this game is kind of broken. Jul 12, 2020
    ACC General Discussions Should be nice to have this kind of HUD Jun 6, 2020
    ACC User Interface All kind of bug with pit MFD Feb 16, 2020
    ACC Physics All Porsche cars are kind of twitchy (in terms of control) compared to the other cars Feb 5, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer How to set just a kind of car? Nov 5, 2019
    ACC Physics Dear Kunos!Kindly provide steering range information for each car in ACC. Aug 10, 2019
    ACC General Discussions The two kind of fans (peace is needed) Jul 8, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Another MATCHMAKING thread, kinda.. May 15, 2019
    Chit Chat Room app that makes the controller thumbstick work kind of like a wheel Jun 30, 2018
    Chit Chat Room New tool... kind of... Dec 14, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Triple screen racing . What are your specs? What kind of experience do you get from it? Dec 1, 2017
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues 3D kind of applied to menus & apps Apr 1, 2016

3. mkotechno

mkotechno Simracer

I personally think that if the only way to join online races is the "popularity contest" of server rooms, then the only choices are dry races on Monza and that's bad (looking at you Project Cars 2).

I would prefer the game to propose tracks, weather conditions, and day/night cycles in a random manner hourly (which is in my opinion the most genius game design choice in Gran Turismo Sport); that way we would fully use all the features the game has to offer.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2018
  4. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

Can't it be a combination of things? Like, let people be able to host servers and have a couple of official servers that cycle thru the Blancpain season with random weather with a 45-60 minute race, and then have weekly events that will have the actual race length?
    Or am I too optimistic xD

Chillisteak and Typer like this.
  5. demonized

demonized Simracer

All of them

Rehooja and D_Rod like this.
  6. supanova

supanova Gamer

A week to week championship series, with longer and shorter special events, where ratings matter, with the possibility of creating unnofficial events that can rank on ratings without affecting them.

Patrik and DzelRacing like this.
  7. mkotechno

mkotechno Simracer

Of course we want all of them, the question is what you think you would use the most.

8. mkotechno

mkotechno Simracer

60 minutes? Ain't nobody got time fo dat :D

9. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

Well, that's the good thing about my 'system' :D you can always join a non-official server with a shorter race length.

Edit: It's a bit like how it is now in AC. You have hosted servers, then you have Sim Racing Systems that has various races every hour. Those hourly races would then be official servers with a length of 45-60 minutes per race and say 10-15 minutes of qualifying.
    Then there's also weekly events or per 2 weeks that will have the actual race length of the Blancpain races, so also the endurance races.

10. demonized

demonized Simracer

All of them

D_Rod likes this.
  11. Echo_29

Echo_29 Hardcore Simmer

It needs to be both server based for small quick races, but official organised Blancpain endurance events as well like iRacing/GTSport.

12. dave81983

dave81983 Racer

It's got to be a system something like GT Sport. I hate the physics of GTS but the hourly races is a brilliant idea. ACC is perfect for this sort of thing because the content is limited, therefore everyone has to be racing GT3 anyway so the hourly races really focus the community and get lots of people of the same skill level together.

On top of these hourly races there should be special events of realistic or endurance length which take place less frequently to ensure a good amount of people in the races.

Of course there should be the option to host races outside of this structure but the "meat" of multiplayer should be the timed races.

Chillisteak likes this.
  13. dermonty

dermonty Hardcore Simmer

I hope especially for 1 server per track just for practice. choose car/team/decal and hop on the server to drive and test with others.

Gesendet von meinem HTC One mit Tapatalk

DzelRacing likes this.
  14. DzelRacing

DzelRacing Racer

-The most important think for me and my friends, "Weekly events based" ! Because one race by week is enough to pratice. With solid Ranking System of course.
    It's also important to have in advance a clear planning of the "Weekly events based" to prepare them (Blancpain calendar ?).

-"Host servers" is important for the community, leagues... to enrich and expand the game (a bit of freedom).

-"Hourly / daily events based", I don't play at GT Sport... You can see these events in advance ?
    If is not, is a non sens for me. It's like find a race ("Server browser based", Car/Track combo) and jump to it, without the knowlegde, the training (=disconnect, car accident, off track etc..).

And for me, we need a pratice mode with opponents:
    https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/pratice-mode-suggestion.51650/

15. gornar

gornar Gamer

Best way is a mix, so All of Them

16. I'm hoping for official servers with full real world race durations. I never got the appeal of 20min races.

Loren Thomas likes this.
  17. mantasisg

mantasisg Racer

Minolinish

18. Rudski

Rudski Alien

What's the point of this poll? I would think the Devs have already decided how things are going to work online. Why move away from AC's online model?

anthony galmiche and mantasisg like this.
  19. DzelRacing

DzelRacing Racer

Because EA isn't a monarchy (it's good to listen feebacks and ideas for ACC or AC2...), and because AC's online model is poor (without community). A lot of think could be done.
    Th game isn't released yet. And after the release, There is "update/patch".

Simple.

20. mantasisg

mantasisg Racer

Yes, lets just ignore that Minolin is working on it, and that there just couldn't be more info in his posts, and oh yes - information in the roadmap ;)

And devs are obviously open for good suggestions which fits in their vision.

21. DzelRacing

DzelRacing Racer

The informations in the roadmap, are not really accurate.
    And some people do not know who Minolin is (sorry Minolin, it's possible) , and what he's working on.

Minolin is a dev from Kunos ? He works on multiplayer ? I don't know myself.. So