1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

What you do on ACC

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by BrakeCheck101, Jun 6, 2019.

1. XettMan

XettMan Hardcore Simmer

Waiting for feature and bug fix patches.

Tkeg likes this.
  2. Tweak and test graphic settings mostly.

In between that, about 60% SP and 40% MP. Never touched the quick join button.

3. th3o

th3o Hardcore Simmer

80% SP Quickraces, 20% Leaderboard Events.
    I am not touching Career and Championship mode just yet. Waiting for some adjustments, bug-fixes. Have enough fun as is :)

4. mikendrix

mikendrix Simracer

I would like to play the Career mode, but in VR I can't get past the screen where I choose my team name. I can validate it, then the game crashes when quitting.
    I sent my logs, hope for a fix soon (because my times are worst in "normal screen" mode).

So I check my rating profile and see what I should improve :
    CC : I do hotlap events
    CN : I do hotsint events
    SA : I do week end races (with weather ON, mandatory pit, etc...)

When it's good enough for me :
    CC and CN at least over 80, and SA at least over 60 : I do MP

Then in MP if I go under my limits : 80 or 60, then I restart my training session.

5. mike reynolds

mike reynolds Hardcore Simmer

Today, I am going to be mostly practicing pit stops, and trying to figure how to do them without losing anywhere between 10 places and a lap or picking up a D/T penalty, so - How to make changes to my pit strategy on the fly without crashing, how to ensure my tire pressures are right on the new set, how to stop in the box and get it right first time, how to make sure the pit limiter switches on coming into the pits, how to start my car again after the stop, how to switch the pit limiter off when I leave the pits.

I genuinely don't think I have has a trouble free stop in the whole time I have been playing this game, most are probably my fault but at least some are down to bugs....yesterday everything went well until I left the pits and found myself driving down paddock hill bend with the pit limiter stuck on.....

6. Whipdiddywhip

Whipdiddywhip Simracer

i fire it up and cry at the potential this game had

singleplayer could have been amazing in this game, blancpain already has driver ratings and categories such as gold/silver/bronze and different championships for them, the career could have been something great that far surpassed the f1 games due to the natural progression and rating system within blancpain, but instead we got the shallowest of careers i've ever seen, driver ratings mean nothing, there's no progression, no driver swaps(AI teammates) so no sense of team, it's just sessions chained together with no purpose, testing sessions you literally waste time hotlapping for no reason.. i'm going to stop here as it's too depressing to think about it

XettMan likes this.
  7. Same as Michael : Tweak and test graphics settings for trying to obtain the best quality and smoother rendering on my triple screen (without the Panini projection option)
    Then, 20 mins of race in SP on Spa for testing ; last race was great and fun :), pleasure is coming.
    A little bit of MP but priority is to find "the" good settings.
    Autumn will let me more time for ACC.

8. Ciccina2016

Ciccina2016 Simracer

At the moment , I don't do anything on the game.
    I wait for fixes and features to be added.

XettMan likes this.
  9. Radfahrer

Radfahrer Hardcore Simmer

The past 2 days I´ve been overheating the power supply of my T500RS :p

10. robbio71

robbio71 Gamer

At the moment its about 20% hotlapping 40% custom race weekends with 25 AI (all visible in VR and no significant performance issues) and 40% server racing (I don't use quick join) which is really incredible in VR with no issues at all and 1.4 pixel density. I tend to prefer 20-30 minute races. Would commit to 60minutes if online people would not leave during the race so much and in SP if AI was better dealing with back markers.

Won't try career mode as it seems lacking and bugged. If the game stayed like this I would play it anyway because it is the best online racing I've had. But obviously hoping for lots of improvements and more depth to career modes and statistics which are sorely lacking at the moment.

XettMan likes this.
  11. westbum77

westbum77 Gamer

Multiplayer

12. tpw

tpw Gamer

Mostly I just set up a 1 hr practice session with a handful of AI in the custom weekend with random weather and track conditions, and ignore/follow/race other cars as I see fit. Doesn’t stress my computer or me too badly.

13. cjhill44

cjhill44 Rookie

I mainly do career mode with 40 opponents and long 3-6 hr endurance races.
    I do about 1hr then swap over to the AI who continue until I call them back into the pits.
    Either that or I save mid race and go back to it at the same point later on.
    Love the way the points table looks in career mode, gives me all the info I need.

Oh hang on, sorry, just woke up... I was dreaming

14. Jeez, you had me there for a second.

I think I relate to this post the most at the moment.

Surprised, but delighted so many people just enjoy driving - even just in hot stint mode. How long you guys will continue do that though without getting bored...does make me wonder. I couldn’t think of anything worse, personally - I need races.

I think my casual wandering through the game modes mean that I enjoy driving, but I’m waiting on fixes and improvements before I really discover what my fix will be on this sim.

Fingers crossed it all works out ok in the end.

15. Deyu

Deyu Rookie

I really hope this will be possible in the future. I hoped we would start as AM and move up the tiers, getting better team offers in the process. Also, the lack of a championship table is mind-boggling...

16. Achokaracho

Achokaracho Racer

The last time I did simracing was 4 years ago.
    At the moment I'm learning all racetracks, new, in singleplayer hotlap mode.
    Although I know some of the racetracks, but I have to start almost at 0.
    If I'm good on a racetrack, then I'm racing against an AI in my skill range to train the behavior behind other vehicles.
    When do I have to brake, which other lines do I have to drive at the hollow, etc.
    If I have it for every track on it, then I will only drive multiplayer or CP server.
    Before I do not drive a multiplayer, I do not want to be "that guy" :rolleyes:
    I want to be "that guy" you know? :eek:
    That's what I did in AC1 and R3E years ago.
    From time to time I also drive the special events, but they are actually less interesting to me.