1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

when will low speed physics/tire model be implemented?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by o0thx11380o, Mar 15, 2014.

1. o0thx11380o

o0thx11380o Racer

Maybe it's a huge task to implement but it's one of the biggest issues (to me anyway) that has yet to be resolved. I'm kind of surprised more people aren't asking about it on a regular basis. As until it gets implemented all cars will not feel right at low speeds and thus the entire driving experience is negatively affected. Anyway I love AC of course, but would like to know when we will get a complete physics model in the game. Has anyone heard any information regarding this?

Zentiusd likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Tire rotation visuals at slow speeds be like Jul 17, 2023
    ACC Controls & Peripherals G29 24/7 input when at low speed Jun 4, 2022
    ACC Controls & Peripherals G920 inputs start "flickering" when at very low speeds Nov 29, 2020
    ACC Gameplay Impossible to corner at low speeds Jun 7, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting Stuttering sound and low top end speed Apr 2, 2020
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Cars only sharp turning at low speeds Mar 17, 2020
    ACC Physics Low-speed physics and antistall/throttle cut behaviour Feb 3, 2020
    ACC Controls & Peripherals TS PC light FFB at low speed Aug 6, 2019
    ACC Gameplay AI Issue - Easy to out brake in low speed corners Jul 13, 2019
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars [Bentley, BMW] Water on rear window flowing sideways at speed (viewed from inside rear-view) Dec 3, 2018
    ACC Physics car handling at low speed - high understeer Nov 13, 2018
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars ACC Screen shakes at low speed corners Sep 19, 2018
    ACC Physics Slow speed physics .... Sep 16, 2018
    Physics Bugs & Issues No rev-limiter, top speed too low, wrong TC, wrong LED on Audi R18 2014 May 20, 2017
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Sim speed very low since v1.12 (assetto_corsa.ini changes) Feb 14, 2017

3. Sometime between the next update and V1.0 is all we know.

4. martcerv

martcerv Alien

I dont see any major issues in low speed physics as in driving speeds especially compared to most other sims. As far as i heard there is an issue with the physics at low speed but this is under 5kmh so not really something you will notice when driving.

5. BenC

BenC Hardcore Simmer

seems fine to me.

What are you doing plonking around at slow speed anyway, its a race sim :p

xyr likes this.
  6. o0thx11380o

o0thx11380o Racer

The fact is, it doesn't feel like driving a real car when you drive off from stopped, and I would imagine the low speed tire model issue affects the cars in low speed turns like at magione. Some people like to do stunts with the cars that involve the low speed tire model. The sim is hindered without it. The cars don't act like cars unless you are going fast.

7. FTFY

8. martcerv

martcerv Alien

I have no issues at magione and am quite impressed with how it handles slower corners compared to all isi based sims. Slowest corner would most likely be the hairpin at vallelunga and that is still way above that speed. Off the line I also havent noticed anything terrible plus corners are slower for me then ben as he is bloody quick lol.

I remember the simbin and rfactor low speed issues which were at under about 100kmh which is quite a bit different.

In AC there is a good feel of both mechaniclal and aero grip to me also at differnt speeds where one is more dominant then the other. Many other sims really didnt give the same feel for both and struggled quite badly with mechanical grip only being more convincing at speed where the aero is more effective.

Cars with not much aero just felt bad all round but AC to me does this much better and why its nice to drive everything from street cars to f1's and everything in between.

Sure its not perfect but better then all other sims i have tried and a big step forward.

9. Si3v

Si3v Graphic Lead Artist Staff Member KS Dev Team

for the 100th time:
    The low speed model physics switches at THREE (3) KILOMETERS PER HOUR.
    Said that, one day there will be an evolution of this different model... one day, in the future...

ftmPP, Shaddix, OffAgain and 3 others like this.
  10. justDrive

justDrive Racer

Idk about you guys, but in real life I can't barely even go below 5 mph due to a manual transmission. And when I'm accelerating or braking I only hit it for a fraction of a sec, almost unnoticeable to tell I'm going less than 3 mph. That is in the real world though, can you please show me points of how this hinders the sim? I can think of nothing honestly

11. brianr121

brianr121 Racer

Curious... what stunts can you do under 3 km/h? I just don't understand...:)

12. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Only the most extreme ones :D

Id love to see a video from the op showing what he is having issues with and some of these stunts that dont work at under 3kmh.

The only thing i can imagine you couod do in real driving though far from a stunt is learning clutch control on a slope. Maybe very slow parking is about as extreme as it gets.

13. Taking off at the start of a race is funky, but forgettable by turn 2; other than that never notice it.

14. Stereo

Stereo Alien

Yeah, a standing-still burnout is about the only thing where <3km/h behaviour's gonna be relevant to racing. Still nice if it works right, but you only do it once per time you start the car.

LTC Mike (40plus) likes this.
  15. Snoopy

Snoopy Alien

I notice it mostly when stopping to 0km. The car jerks a bit right before it stops.

16. Alienfish360

Alienfish360 Racer

So does a real car if you don't release the brake while stopping.

I assume you're doing this in AC to unload the suspension too?

17. Snoopy

Snoopy Alien

my car doesn't do it.